Finally got my dream car...2002 Acura NSX Spa Yellow Pearl....

Ski_Banker said:
...Heck, just today I made the 90 minute drive to West Palm to check out an 02 silver at a Mercedes dealership (which makes sense as a trade in...), and the parking break didn't work, the trunk didn't close (both under warranty)...

This may sound dumb at first, but how did you try closing the trunk? The NSX is not like a normal car where you just slam the trunk closed. You have to set the trunk down and then GENTLY pressit closed by placing your hand on the aluminum UNDER the wing in the center and then pressing it down until you hear it click closed. I have watched people try to slam the NSX trunk closed before and it does not work easily. Were you making this same mistake?

Congrats !
I too, bought my Nsx as I was nearing my 30th birthday (actually bought it when I was 28)! Furthermore, I also bought a 2002, and I also live in Houston, Texas.

Congratulations again, youll really love your new car ! What side of town do you live in ? (Wondering if Ill ever have a chance to see you on the streets!)

Lex5847 said:
I plan on hitting all of H-Town with my new ride. I see you work at a performance shop, which one?

I founded in 1997, and continue to manage Modern Performance. My shop is on the SW side of Houston near beltway 8 and Bellaire. We specialize in American four cylinder cars such as the Neon, Cobalt SS, SRT-4, etc, and are very well known for the Neon, SRT-4.

The performance shop I trust with my Nsx, and has installed the headers, exhaust for me is Carboy on Bissonnet. They have multiple lifts, an in house dyno, and tremendous fabrication work. When the day comes for coilovers, and a blower, more thanlikely they are going to do the work for me on my Nsx.

:smile:

Seriously, I wish that had been the problem with the trunk. It's possible the previous owner messed something up in the latch though. Any other thoughts? If this was a Ferrari, I would expect silly problems even on a newish car. But not on a 3 year old NSX, or am I wrong here?

odenspike said:
Congratulations, I bought my first NSX when I turned 30 last year also.

Nice year and color choice :biggrin:

haha that's funny LOL
i got mine too last year when i was 31 :biggrin:

LEX5847
Nice Ride/ now let the mods begin! :cool:

Back