Ferrari makes this and we get the ASCC

I have said this before and I will just repeat it here.

When Honda created the NSX they had the potential to turn it into a Japanese Porsche 911.
You know :smile: The kind of car that you can update every few years to keep it competitive and keep selling it just because of that. And have it build its own heritage over the years. When Porsche introduced the 911 in the early 1960's it was no where the company that it is now. And also, it also didn't have the repuation it has now.

I still think that the basic chassis and design of the NSX is THAT good !!

However, unfortunately, Honda choose to neglect any further (real) development of the NSX and have it lag behind its competition further and further. The really let it die slowly.

I think that a lot of people would agree than a tweaked 2002 model NSX would be all that is needed to make the car more interesting to a broad public.
- Update the interior
- Put in an engine with more power and torque. Maybe add a paddle shifter.
- Add a few added design elements here and there.
- Make it loose some weight.

OK, maybe the car would not be competitive with a F430 but being able to run easily with a F360, a Audi R8. or the previous Porsche 911TT was really all that is needed.

Ferrari has a name and image that is unique in the carmakers world. Don't forget, it was founded as a car maker only in 1947 and already sold to Fiat in 1969. Ferrari was THAT good in making profits.

Honda has the money. It also has the technical know how and expertise to do it. But they simply didn't.
Which, I think, is still a shame.

When Honda created the NSX they had the potential to turn it into a Japanese Porsche 911.
You know :smile: The kind of car that you can update every few years to keep it competitive and keep selling it just because of that. And have it build its own heritage over the years. When Porsche introduced the 911 in the early 1960's it was no where the company that it is now. And also, it also didn't have the repuation it has now.

However, unfortunately, Honda choose to neglect any further (real) development of the NSX and have it lag behind its competition further and further. The really let it die slowly.

I think that a lot of people would agree than a tweaked 2002 model NSX would be all that is needed to make the car more interesting to a broad public.
- Update the interior

OK, maybe the car would not be competitive with a F430 but being able to run easily with a F360, a Audi R8. or the previous Porsche 911TT was really all that is needed.

Ferrari has a name and image that is unique in the carmakers world. Don't forget, it was founded as a car maker only in 1947 and already sold to Fiat in 1969. Ferrari was THAT good in making profits.

Honda has the money. It also has the technical know how and expertise to do it. But they simply didn't.

Very true! Its OK though, I will do all the updates honda didn't do myself. lol...

Very true! Its OK though, I will do all the updates honda didn't do myself. lol...

Gotta say that's an NSX feature I'm starting to love. Between NSX-R and other JDM stock parts to new things that people seem to be constantly thinking up. It's like you can compensate for anything that Honda didn't do. With leds outside and in , parts from the TL for nav and stereo it just never ends. I love it!

- Update the interior

all these seem so obvious to even the average person, yet they choose to neglect it for so long, it's heartbreaking for most of us.

btw, just saw the spied video for the new skyline, i must say i am very intrigued by it. that along with the LF-A.

WHERE ARE YOU the Next Super.....whatever?

- Update the interior

Not only are you correct but Honda was going down that path with the HSC. Even though the engine was quoted with "at least 300 hp", the plan was to have 350-400 HP.

So what happened with the HSC? I have 3 words, Fukui Fukui Fukui.........

Back