Ferrari makes this and we get the ASCC

Why? Becasue ~90% of the members of this forum couldn't afford it even if Honda built it. So it's biggest fans would have to wait to buy one used which doesn't interest Honda.

However, if they are going to build a big, heavy, front engined, $170,000 GT uglymobile, they have no excuse.

Just hire Pinifinara again and do it right.

i prefer manual as well. there is more you can do to your car with manual,

Actually that was the 348 and the Ferrari didn't really surpass the NSX until the F430. The NSX was still competitive with the F360

Lotus can't mantain good reliability on a car with an engine from Toyota:biggrin: Also the Lotus is supposed to be priced more along the lines of $170K not $100K

Audi R8 is heavy AWD and costs more than it's competition. Both of those things are very un-NSX

Honda never had a prototype of two S2000 engines that was just an idea one of the magazines suggested. Turbo in a truck is okay to Honda ,but not in a sportscar they've always disdained turbos.

I don't know why Honda has never done a V8. That would've seemed a more logical choice than the V10 ,but maybe they felt they would have to do this someday anyway. Unless it's just to copy Toyota Honda seems to want a big powerful engine which is very un-Honda at the moment so maybe their is some change going on internally.

LOL All car companys want volume can't blame them for that. We don't won't Honda to catch up to Toyota because doing that is what seems to be causing some old Honda buyers to not like their current offerings. Also Honda can afford to make mistakes. Their sales keep going up and some models are selling as many as they make so they have quite a bit of breathing space as they continue to make their bread and butter cars better every generation.

I probably agree with you on most points as its probably more accurate then me rambling off the top of my head. By I do know back in 2004, Honda did have a Pilot prototype being tested for the ridgeline that had a V8. It was a spy shot done by Brenda Priddy (I beleive thats her name.)

It was speculated the new RL would release with the V6, and during its mid-cycle update get this V8. But after that, I've heard nothing about it.

As for keeping sales up... I can agree you always want volume... But sometimes volume isn't all thats there. Porsche is a prime example of how the company controls manufacturing resources to keep volume in line with demand. Honda needs specilaty teams to handle its specialty cars. The S2000 needs to be unmiata like, and more 350z/G37/GT-R... Hell Toyota is even doing it with the speculated Supra in V6/V8/V6 Hybrid forms.

The NSX needed an update, not a platform change. They should introduce a new designation, not NSX for that.

And right now, the Audi R8 is what will most likely replace my NSX if they new ones aren't what they were suppose to be.

I probably agree with you on most points as its probably more accurate then me rambling off the top of my head. By I do know back in 2004, Honda did have a Pilot prototype being tested for the ridgeline that had a V8. It was a spy shot done by Brenda Priddy (I beleive thats her name.)

It was speculated the new RL would release with the V6, and during its mid-cycle update get this V8. But after that, I've heard nothing about it.

As for keeping sales up... I can agree you always want volume... But sometimes volume isn't all thats there. Porsche is a prime example of how the company controls manufacturing resources to keep volume in line with demand. Honda needs specilaty teams to handle its specialty cars. The S2000 needs to be unmiata like, and more 350z/G37/GT-R... Hell Toyota is even doing it with the speculated Supra in V6/V8/V6 Hybrid forms.

The NSX needed an update, not a platform change. They should introduce a new designation, not NSX for that.

And right now, the Audi R8 is what will most likely replace my NSX if they new ones aren't what they were suppose to be.

Yeah it's mystery to me as well why Honda doesn't do more than one update on their sportscars , but S2000 more 350Z/G37/GT-R:confused: those are some heavy understeering pigs. I wish the S2000 was as light as the Miata with the same engine ans suspension that would be sweet.

Yeah the HSC would've been the perfect platform change ,but everyone complained because it was still going to be a V6. Would've been a sweet car that would've outperformed the Cayman S and been on par with the R8.

At this point I'm not looking to replace my NSX or add to my current cars. Funny ,but between the NSX and the S2000 I'm really happy on or off the track. I do miss my old M3 though fat loveable pig that it was..LOL I hope to replace it with whatever Honda comes up with next:biggrin:

I wet myself after seing that.. I also wet the lady in the next cubicle!

What a car!

Mmmh...

F430 Scuderia 1250kg 510hp
Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera 1330kg 530hp
Porsche 997 GT2 1440kg 530hp

Great choices for the lucky buyers.

I wet myself after seing that.. I also wet the lady in the next cubicle!

What a car!

I hope she's into that kinda thing or it could mean problems:biggrin:

Yeah, they also make this:

2DSC02087.jpg

fez3tz7.jpg

Still jealous?

lol...I kid I kid!

Mmmh...

1250 KG.. I keep thinking, in order to even come close to the "performance," that's a lot of weight to drop on a NSX .. [SIGH]
Then again, Ferarri is know to fudge their numbers sometimes..

Yeah, they also make this:

2DSC02087.jpg

fez3tz7.jpg

Still jealous?

lol...I kid I kid!

Im wondering......is that
a) driver doing something stupid
b) result of an accident
c) unreliable car with faulty electronics
:confused:

www.teslamotors.com

If you guy's want a rush check out the Tesla Electric Car. Faster then the 997 GT you listed and is exotic with a carbon fiber shell for only 92k

Also, I saw some used Ferrari 360 Modenas for around 90k

Looking at all this I can't believe why someone would spent 90k on an NSX.

There is just to many better performing, "real exotic" sports cars out there to choose from. I'm not going to wait till 2020 to pick up some stupid FR NSX. By that time just imagine what else will be available.

b) result of an accident

No accident...just an F430 on the side of the road...on fire. Probably owner error...who knows.
HOWEVER, it wouldn't surprise me if it was electronics. :)

No accident...just an F430 on the side of the road...on fire. Probably owner error...who knows.
HOWEVER, it wouldn't surprise me if it was electronics. :)

What is that giant can in the rearward shot? That the muffler??

know wonder they make that hollow, reverberated sound like they do. Thing is like an echo chamber.

b) result of an accident

This is not the first instance I have read of a Ferrari 360/430 spontaneously combusting. They can do that. I have not read of too many passengers being injured by it. The nature of the fires seem to allow people to esape unharmed for the most part.

As far as the owner doing something "stupid" I'm wondering what one could possibly do to fry a Ferrari like that. A car should never, ever catch fire. Faulty electronics are clearly to blame.

I could see this happening to someone stuffing a rag in the oil cap hole on a 88 Taurus but on a 2006 F430? Owners should not need to pop the engine cover for ANY reason other than to clean. And I doubt many Ferrari owners are cleaning their own cars.

What is that giant can in the rearward shot? That the muffler??

know wonder they make that hollow, reverberated sound like they do. Thing is like an echo chamber.

The F430 exhaust appears to be a true quad-pipe exhaust. That muffler has to be big--it's basically four mufflers in one.

Mmmh...

1250 kg for the Scuderia F430? I find that very hard to believe. While researching it I found several articles which stated something such as "The F430 Scuderia will have 100kg less than the F430 bringing it to 1250kg..."

From Wikipedia:

...the Scuderia will be unveiled by Michael Schumacher at the 2007 Frankfurt Auto Show. Aimed to compete with cars like the Porsche RS-models, it is 100 kg (220 lb) lighter than the standard F430...

From Jalopnik:

...thanks to a low dry weight of just 1250 kg - 100 kg less than the standard F430...

From AutozInsight:

...The new Scuderia is essentially the CS model in everything but its name, having shed up to 100kg through an extensive weight saving program...

Well folks, the curb weight of the standard F430 is 1450 kg/3,197 lbs. I think this is a typo or someone is missing something. The articles I'm seeing are reading "100kg less & 1250 total kg" which makes no sense. The 1350 kg number sounds much, much more realistic. Come on--the Superleggera is 1330kg and it's bare bones!

1250 kg is ~2,755 lbs! :eek: :eek: That would be a true marvel of engineering, I should say. Where are they finding 200 kg/400 lbs to trim off the standard F430? That makes no sense...

This is not the first instance I have read of a Ferrari 360/430 spontaneously combusting. They can do that.

Older Gallardo do the same till 2004 model. If a Gallardo missfires Audis CANBus technologie shuts down the ignition at the affected cylinders but not the fuel supply. Engine goes to the emergency program and if you don't shut down the engine immediately there is a good chance that fuel from the shut down cylinder is going to drop on catalytic converter which is about 400°C warm.
->
21sc3.jpg

I remember reading something similiar about the 360 or 430.

Oh and those 1250kg. I just copied those numbers from what the press is printing. The 360 Challenge Stradale loses also 100kg from the Modena and weighs 1290kg. I don't think it's that unrealistic. Maybe without any fluids etc. you know how car manufacturers make their numbers look good. :smile:

www.teslamotors.com

Looking at all this I can't believe why someone would spent 90k on an NSX.

So I guess 110K is probably psychotic then right? :biggrin:

OK lets look at it this way.... reliability... rarity... high resale.... low maintenance... my car is probably very close in terms of power/speed with the CTSC, R upgrades and the gumball tires I have. If I decide to sell, my CTSC, GT-One exhaust and R parts are all wanted items on this board. The car itself will have probably held its value better than anything else, and the maintenance cost has been a few oil changes... not F430 type of stuff.

I can sum up why I have 100K+ into an NSX by two words. "Headache Free".

Back