Ferrari 348ts and Acura Nsx

Originally posted by ALLAN:
Diablo.

Netviper, please dont act like you caught me doing something sneaky, i already posted here, in truth that i felt my Nsx was faster than this 348. Do i regret my buying decision? Absolutley not! Car gets better and better each day.

Allan, I dont think I implied like I caught you doing anything sneaky... I just thought it was funny. I am glady you are happy with your purchase.

The 348 is a strange choice. Why get a car that doesn't perform as well while having admitted shoddy workmanship. If it's for asthetics or the Ferrari marque, a much better choice would be the 355 or a 308/328.

Of course, since you've got all this moola flowing, why not just get the 288 GTO.
wink.gif

Allan, dont let these ferrari haters get you down
wink.gif
j/k

Seriously, as you well know, a f-car is a f-car.

That can be taken in anyway you want, positive, negetive, flashly, whatever, but in the end of the day, you should be happy with her...the car that is, well the wife too for making you buy the f-car
smile.gif

I want a wife, like yours! Actually I will be happy with a g/f like that instead
biggrin.gif

-------------
Auraraptor

97 NSX
88 328 GTS

I dont regard the 348 a strange choice. As for shoddy craftsmanship, i dont think so. It is now a 11 year old car, the interior is in great shape, no rattles, shakes etc. It feels much more substantial than the Nsx. How much slower it is, if it even is, i dont know. Ill tell you that at speed, it feels much more firmly planted than the Nsx also. I also didnt buy this car to own forever, i will get a 355 or a 360 if i want to. One thing i will do with this car, is drive it around for as long as i wish, and when i sell it, ill make 5-8,000.

What was so funny about it then?

I thought it was funny that you were complaining about power in the 348 when all you ever did was complain about it in the NSX. Now your 348 is even slower than the car you complained about...

Geez man.. why are you so serious today??

btw, there is a 348 Twin Turbo on ebay now.. you might want to check that out.

Auraraptor,

How do you like your 328? I love those cars! Are you going to mod it? There are actually a bunch of small things you can to those to bump power easily. I had a 308Qv not so long ago.

Auraraptor,

How do you like your 328? I love those cars! Are you going to mod it? There are actually a bunch of small things you can to those to bump power easily. I had a 308Qv not so long ago.

I wasnt planning on it, but am now intrigued...how so can you increase the power by only a small change?

------------------
Resident E38er

-97 NSX "Nina"

Netviper, if the 348 really is slower, it is by a very small margin. As for power, i always complain, no matter what it is, thats why i run Nos on a Diablo. Nothing, is ever fast enough.

Auraraptor, from what ive researched, you get a huge power increase from changing the exhaust, getting cat bypass pipes and free flow air filters, plus you lose alot of weight. I also heard that on the 328, getting rid of the crappy Bosch fuel injection and replacing with a electronic injection and distributorless ignition makes huge power, aprox 70hp. I believe this to be true, because i replaced that system in my Countach, and the difference was HUGE!

I dont regard the 348 a strange choice.

I do. Especially since there are better Ferrari's out there for close to the same price.

As for shoddy craftsmanship, i dont think so.

Everyone else does. Even Ferrari management. Ferrari of Houston even steered me away from 348's (I really like 308's) b/c of the reliability issues. Matter of fact, when I went to go see the F1 car they had on display years ago, there were three 348's there for repair. Yours may look good now. . .

I also didnt buy this car to own forever,

Smart move. I'm envious. Even of a new 348 owner.
wink.gif
And I have no doubt you'd recoup that 5-8K or more.

But still if it's just a flavor of the week, why not get something you really want? I'm telling you, ya gotta get that 288 GTO.

c'mon allan, fess up. Every exotic dealer ive talked to has negative things to say about reliability, esp on 348. One of the main reasons i bought the nsx was the overwhelming response from friends and acquaintances regarding ferrari reliability. ESPECIALLY DEALERS!!!

For me, it was the money pit thing that steered me away. Money no object and lost time/inconvenience no problem, i'd probably be driving a 348. However, I'm really happy now that i got the nsx instead.

Auraraptor, from what ive researched, you get a huge power increase from changing the exhaust, getting cat bypass pipes and free flow air filters, plus you lose alot of weight. I also heard that on the 328, getting rid of the crappy Bosch fuel injection and replacing with a electronic injection and distributorless ignition makes huge power, aprox 70hp. I believe this to be true, because i replaced that system in my Countach, and the difference was HUGE![/B]

Well, since you are the resident italian driver
smile.gif
, which would you recommend? Tubi for the exhaust? Although I am pretty familar with most Ferrari tunners, i dont know where I could get GOOD QUALITY cart-bypass pipes.

finally, which fuel injection do you suggest? Also, how much is it (app.) to replace the entire fuel injection system?
Which set up and my which make is IYO the best?

I am really interested, as with even a 50 hp gain, the car should near the 3.0L NSX performance relm Thanks for your help!

------------------
Resident E38er

-97 NSX "Nina"

Netviper, if the 348 really is slower, it is by a very small margin. As for power, i always complain, no matter what it is, thats why i run Nos on a Diablo. Nothing, is ever fast enough.

Allan, that is why you need the Pagani Zonda C12 S!! The lambo would need the NOS just to keep up!

Ponyboy, i do like the 288Gto, but we're not comparing apples to apples. If i were looking to spend 300,000 on a car for my wife, i wouldnt get a 288gto, but a new Murcielago, or add 85,000 more and get a Pagani Zonda, or just buy an F40.

What ive learned about exotic car ownership, is make up your own mind, and never rely on other peoples info. I was petrified when i bought my Countach, everyone told me they were a reliability nightmare. Well everybody was wrong. As for reliability on the 348, i dont know that yet. So far, no problems, and it really drives very nice. It is a very tight car. As of now, id recommend one to anyone. Ive spoken to owners who absolutely love their cars, use them everyday and are trouble free. Ive spoken to others that didnt agree. I also heard, that if you take a Nsx, and do all the regular bolt ons, exhaust, air filter, cat bypass pipes, and do the same to a 348, the 348 gains the performance edge over the Nsx. This is from an owner that has both. My opinion, is do what makes YOU happy, and not what someone else says, form your own opinion.

Auraraptor, go with TUBI, and they also make the cat bypass pipes.

Apples to apples, oranges to oranges. Just get one sooner or later so I can bum a ride off of you.

Maybe it'll give me inspiration to get my own.
wink.gif

Allan,
Very nice. Any plans for mods? I know you are gonna have a tough time keeping it stock!
wink.gif

------------------
Jason

Back