• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

f1spec Full bucket racin seats. in frp,cf,ck

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it looks great cause thats the set up I have now. I have had lots of compliments on them. I dont have any pics of the interior with the seats but here is a couple of the view from outside.

Thanks for posting the pictures so quickly. Those look awesome in your car....nice choice.

I also like the sticker on your windshield. In Arizona, we have a epidemic of morons that live in the fast lane no matter what. You can't pry them out.

How do these seats compare in comfort to the stock seats? Do you think my wife can still sleep comfortably in these on long trips?

Last edited:
Thanks for posting the pictures so quickly. Those look awesome in your car....nice choice.

I also like the sticker on your windshield. In Arizona, we have a epidemic of morons that live in the fast lane no matter what. You can't pry them out.

How do these seats compare in comfort to the stock seats? Do you think my wife can still sleep comfortably in these on long trips?

I find the seats to be comfortable but comfort in these type of seats seems subjective........I guess everyone's ass is different. As for sleeping in them.....hmmm.....I dont know if they are that comfortable.....plus mine dont recline. However when installing them there is adjustability so they can be inclined/declined as you want.

I should note that my helmet kept touching the top of the seat when on the track forcing me to sit "up" a little more than used to but I think I will just need to adjust them for the next track event.

Had my pit crew (my two boys) remove the passenger seat from my 91 NSX last night so we could weigh it. Not quite as heavy as I thought.

It weighs 41 pounds even.

That was with the rails attached.

Had my pit crew (my two boys) remove the passenger seat from my 91 NSX last night so we could weigh it. Not quite as heavy as I thought.

It weighs 41 pounds even.

That was with the rails attached.

41 lbs for a seat is alot compared to 12 lbs a seat
but to each their own . i would say with the rails and brackets i would say you are shaving half the weight of the stock seat

ming

ming

41 lbs for a seat is alot compared to 12 lbs a seat
but to each their own . i would say with the rails and brackets i would say you are shaving half the weight of the stock seat

ming

ming

Not sure what you meant by "to each their own". I never intented to imply there wasn't a signifigant weight savings. Even with your FRP seats the weight savings is excellent for the price (assuming the mounting hardware isn't too heavy) but I haven't seen you post the weight of the hardware yet.

I read somewhere that the OEM seats weighed 60 lbs each so I was a little disappointed that they only weighed 41 lbs. Just meant I wouldn't be shaving almost 90 lbs with your seats. That's all.

If it was just me in the car I would have already ordered two seats (even though you didn't have the seats I want in stock) but I'm worried my wife won't like the non-reclineable seats. If I have to get recliners then a lot of my weight savings kind of goes out the window. It would be nice to know how much the mounting rails weigh.

My wife and I may be driving through San Fran in a week or so. Can we stop by a showroom to check out the seats in person?

I think that you guys are forgetting to include the weight of the sliders with the 12ish weights you are talking about.

I think that net net, I probably saved about 25lbs total moving from stock to OMP carbon kevlars with Taitec rails.

I think that you guys are forgetting to include the weight of the sliders with the 12ish weights you are talking about.

I think that net net, I probably saved about 25lbs total moving from stock to OMP carbon kevlars with Taitec rails.

That's one of my concerns. Sure would be nice if somebody weighed their seats with all the mounting hardware attached.

My fantasy weight savings so far has gone from 90lbs to 40lbs and now to 25 lbs.:frown:

That's one of my concerns. Sure would be nice if somebody weighed their seats with all the mounting hardware attached.

My fantasy weight savings so far has gone from 90lbs to 40lbs and now to 25 lbs.:frown:

i'm saying our seats only weigh around 12 lbs, give or take 1 lb ,
but the best solution and cheapest one to put it in your cars would be the buddy club rails, but the down side is that they weigh around 10 lbs .
you can go with something more aluminum based , but that will cost alot more

ming

Ming, do u know anyone who has purchased your type R1 red seats that is located in south california?

his car doesn't need to be nsx. i really want to look at them before i walk to chargespeed.

Ming, do u know anyone who has purchased your type R1 red seats that is located in south california?

his car doesn't need to be nsx. i really want to look at them before i walk to chargespeed.

i have a dealer in southern ca

they have one of our seats in stock

the r1 in frp
tunerzimage
14182 CENTRAL AVE STE. B
CHINO, CA 91710

Hi!
I want to know which seat is most similiar to the NSX-R seats?
Thinking about buying a pair for my nsx.:smile:

Hi!
I want to know which seat is most similiar to the NSX-R seats?
Thinking about buying a pair for my nsx.:smile:

the nsx-r would be comparable to the f1spec type 3 seat.
if you have any other questions feel free to ask

ming

I received the seats from Ming at F1Spec.

First I have to say these are GREAT quality seats for the money. These are great alternatives to the Mugen, Sparco or Type R seats.

I wanted to weight these seats to see the true weight savings. I have the Type 1 in Blk and Gray and Type 3 in Red, both carbon fiber backing. (Two Different Cars)

I also ordered the Buddy Club low profile seat rails. The weight of the rails are 8.6 lbs

NewImage.jpg

The weight of the Type 1 (black/gray) is 14.4 lbs

The weight of the Type 3 (Red/Black) is 15.2

combined with the Buddy Club rails and the total weight is

Type 1 = 23lbs
Type 3 = 23.8lbs

I then took out our stock seats and the weight as reported before is 41 lbs even.

So you will save 17 lbs each or 36 lbs for both seats.

IMG00006.jpg

In the photos, I did not have the seats bolted in. I was finally able to installed them last night but it was too dark to get proper photos.

IMG00005.jpg

I hope these numbers help.

Thank you Ming!

Thanks for the weight etc. info and congratulations. Please post more (hi-res) pics from different angles when possible.

Hi Ming,

Here are the pics that I promised you. I love the seats and they look great in the NSX. I had great service from you and I would do business with you again in a heat beat :biggrin:

Enjoy guys! These are Type III Special Edition.

Attachments

• DSC01602.jpg
    DSC01602.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 461
  • DSC01601.jpg
    DSC01601.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 421
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back