F1 2009 megathread

Re: Something we can relate to

Good news/bad news for this weekend as stated by Phil Huff
The circuit is one that very much suits the BGP 001, but the fickle Eiffel weather could play its part - the notoriously unreliable forecasts currently suggest a cold, wet day on Sunday.

So, another Brawn GP win? Or will Red Bull steal another one? Or could changing conditions prove useful for Ferrari, Toyota or Williams?
I gotta wonder; how much setup variation and new bits can they put on the car to counter the cold tire curse? :confused: I'm sure Ross & Co. have lost a little sleep over that question.

Oh, one other bummer................it's on Fox. :frown:

Last edited:
Re: Something we can relate to

Good news/bad news for this weekend as stated by Phil Huff

I gotta wonder; how much setup variation and new bits can they put on the car to counter the cold tire curse? :confused: I'm sure Ross & Co. have lost a little sleep over that question.

Oh, one other bummer................it's on Fox. :frown:

Good news, it's the last race on Fox this season.

Re: related to Zander going?

Yeah, I echo Phil Huff's Twitter question, "coincidence?"

Why would these guys take off in the middle of a very successful season? Obviously some nasty $hit going on. Where's Rodney King when you need him ("Can't we all just get along?') :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Re: So long SeaBass

Bourdais's GF admitted it's over.............sad

Another American OW star falls victim to F-1 bias. :confused::eek::frown::mad:

Re: So long SeaBass

Bourdais's GF admitted it's over.............sad

Another American OW star falls victim to F-1 bias. :confused::eek::frown::mad:

Yea I liked Bourdais in CART but once he went to F-1 it seemed his attitude changed. I'm sure it had alot to do with the team/car situation. Renault should have picked him up instead of Piquet.

Sounds like more rumors about Alfonso going to the red team. "Nobody's not denying it"

Re: Old farts rule (today anyway)

Old farts lock out the front row. :cool: Button was lucky to put together even one good lap. :redface:

What a whacky session; prolly be a whacky race too. :wink: So, I'm not sure, did the the Killer B's really make some cold weather improvements?

Killer Bees light on fuel, depending on when, or if it rains, it could work out to their advantage/disadvantage. This will be a whacky, if not good race.

james is saying Geoff Willis is out at Red Bull. wow.

This guy is good, but some how he can't stay long enough with a team.

I remember he was with BAR/Honda during the wonderful 2004 season and he had to go because he didn't get along with some of the team members.

On other end of the news. Brawn was the lightest of the field during the qualifying. Perhaps they're playing safe since they can't get heat into the tires and potential rain will not help the situation.

Let's see how they do tomorrow.

Congrat to Mark Webber. About time he earned a well deserved victory.

Brawn GP, time to get your act back together. Ruben, please don't be a cry baby. I know it is an emotional ending to the race for loosing out the second place, but I'm sure the team did not want you to ended sixth either.

Next round, Hungarian GP, another interesting track...

Re: This tire situation is a joke.

So, I'm not sure, did the the Killer B's really make some cold weather improvements?
Obviously not.

But then everyone was driving around nursing the tires. Time for F-1 and Bridgestone to get their act together. :mad: I've said it before; if handicapping the technology is making the sport more "interesting", how long til the drivers have to wear an eye patch, boxing gloves and ski-boots? :rolleyes:

Re: This tire situation is a joke.

Obviously not.

But then everyone was driving around nursing the tires. Time for F-1 and Bridgestone to get their act together. :mad: I've said it before; if handicapping the technology is making the sport more "interesting", how long til the drivers have to wear an eye patch, boxing gloves and ski-boots? :rolleyes:

The drivers should be allowed to have shell launchers, be able to drop bananas, and have turbo(star?) power.

Re: What Sutil needs............

The drivers should be allowed to have shell launchers,
His luck with Kimi couldn't be worse could it? Monaco was a stellar drive for him until Kim punted him. Not saying it was Kimi's fault today, but the irony of going from 2nd to 17th because Kimi was involved is tough to take. :frown:

Sheesh, that was an awful race for Brawn. The "Master Tactician" didn't show up today and either did both drivers - esp Rubens. He had to get by Massa and didn't make one aggressive move to get by.

Looks like Red Bull is out in front and the championship may a close one (at this rate anyway).

Honda chief says F1 not attractive

Formula 1 is not appealing anymore for Japanese manufacturer Honda, according to the company's new chief executive.

Honda withdrew from Formula 1 at the end of last year citing financial reasons, having underperformed for years.

Under the new ownership, the Brawn team is now leading both championships using a Mercedes engine.

The company's new chief says the sport has become much less attractive for Honda given its technical restrictions, and he admitted there is no interest in a possible return.

"It was a real shame that we had to leave Formula 1," Takanobu Ito was quoted as saying by Reuters during a media briefing in Tokyo.

"On the other hand, F1 is becoming less of a medium in which companies can test their various strengths and more of an event with mounting restrictions.

"There's little room for us to challenge new fields, so bearing in mind the current state of series, I don't think we have the desire to return, even if the economy improves."

The guy has a point. Maybe Honda can get back into an F1 style series thorough the FOTA. Or maybe they can grow a big hairy sack and develop the new NSX too.

^ all rhetorical.

They just need SOMETHING other than economy cars.

Well they do have lawnmowers ;)
Actually they do have something other than economy. Revs up to 15,000 RPM's.

CBR's 600RR and 1000RR
cbr3.jpg

Re: I can see that.

Yeah, she looks like it. :wink: Good thing you're one of the few, the chosen, the jarheads. :smile:

she does, doesn't she. ;) but I just grabbed that pic from google, so I don't ride her or own the bike. I will have another soon enough. It sucks, within a month I was NSX/CBR-less. I'm loving the ridgeline, but it doesn't give me my speed fix.

Re: Oh man, that does suck...............

It sucks, within a month I was NSX/CBR-less. I'm loving the ridgeline, but it doesn't give me my speed fix.
Well at least you're still a jarhead, you can't lose that. :wink: .........or is that?......... hmmmm .................:eek:

Well, there's always tomorrow and hope. Who knows, maybe Red Bull and the Killer B's will crash each other out and Alfonso will win one this year!! :eek:

Re: Oh man, that does suck...............

Well at least you're still a jarhead, you can't lose that. :wink: .........or is that?......... hmmmm .................:eek:

Well, there's always tomorrow and hope. Who knows, maybe Red Bull and the Killer B's will crash each other out and Alfonso will win one this year!! :eek:

Marine for life!

I was really hoping RB would pull this one out. Unfortunately the tire graining and being stuck behind Massa/HK ruined his chances.

This is going to be close Driver's and Constructor's championship!

Back