• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Down Force intake Scoop.. Wow!

Re: Down Force intake SCOOP..WOW!!

NsSeX said:
I just installed mine last night and the wheel liner won't fit as before, there is a gap by the air vent. Does anyone else have this problem? Will post picture later...

I installed this on an 04 NSX. When I first put the liner back on, it was easy to put the liner in and end up with gaps. I checked the other side of the car where the liner had never been removed since leaving the factory and there are actually minor gaps.

If you loosen the screws and have someone position the liner to where the edges do not have a gap, then tighten the screws up, you can end up with a better fit than what the car came with from the factory. The key is you need 2 people to do this, one to tighten the screws and one to position the liner. It might take a little playing around with positioning and screw sequence to accomplish this.

NsSeX said:
I just installed mine last night and the wheel liner won't fit as before, there is a gap by the air vent. Does anyone else have this problem? Will post picture later...

I had this problem with the Cantrell one that i have, i had to just punch it in the face a few times :biggrin: it ended up fitting 'snug' though...

Received mine in 2 days. Great service from Peter. Thanks.

I just got mine last weekend and installed. I must say it is a good product, the fiberglass work is real good, except I thought it would make more sense if the smooth side was on the inside of the scoop rather than the outside. I guess it's a minor flaw and I doubt there is any performance gain if it were this way. Otherwise I'm a very happy customer.

Hapa88 said:
I just got mine last weekend and installed. I must say it is a good product, the fiberglass work is real good, except I thought it would make more sense if the smooth side was on the inside of the scoop rather than the outside. I guess it's a minor flaw and I doubt there is any performance gain if it were this way. Otherwise I'm a very happy customer.

Hey Adrian,

Did it help to minimize that mysterious power lag when you hit the gas pedal?

New exhaust IsR? :biggrin:
IsR said:
Just installed mine,fit nicely no real problems.But still in the process of installing exhaust(the damn bolt and nuts!)

Yes, GTLW :biggrin: , complete the installation saturday... at last(had to cut the bolt!). Installed together with the intake scoop, guess now try not to drive in heavy rain... just in case.

Attachments

• IM0989.jpg
    IM0989.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 357
  • IMG0991.jpg
    IMG0991.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 361
Last edited:

Got mine in the mail today. It's a great looking product, quality is excellent. I'll be installing it and a set of Bilsteins next Saturday.

You really need to take a few minutes and read the whole thread. You are asking questions that are all answered in the thread, but the answer to this one is no, they are no longer $100.00

I wana know when will their intake system will be done!!!

splitz said:
I wana know when will their intake system will be done!!!

Hi

No need to be all worked up getting your panties in a bunch.

Have you contacted Downforze and asked them about this?

Regards

martin said:
Hi

No need to be all worked up getting your panties in a bunch.

Have you contacted Downforze and asked them about this?

Regards

I talked to em about a month ago, can't remember what the guys name was but he said it was still in product development.

Peter at DF is a very busy guy, he will return your email as soon as he can. He is doing his very best to get the NSX parts out ASAP. Please give him some time, it will be worth it, trust me.

PETE:)

Finally i got my scoop. Peter is a nice guy. He delivered item to the place that was close to me. i really appreciate. thanks all the guys who helped and responded my question.

BITeR said:
Got my scoop this week and installed it today. Here are my impressions. (in case anybody still reads this 6 page post :))

First of all, I already had the uni filter and was running stock intake but with the resonator pipe removed. (having sealed that end of the intake.)

So, with huge expectations after reading about the scoop for a while, I took her for a drive. Tell you the truth, I was a little dissapointed. The sound changed a little from before, but only slightly. Power boost I could not really tell, but 5 hp could be just about right if the dyno says so. Have to do some more driving.

I like the sound, it's just that my old setup with the uni filter and resonator removed, gave 80% of the sound. So now you all know how to get this sound for less $$. If you go scoop pluss uni at the same time, I guess the difference is a lot bigger.
I was considering getting the Downforce scoop and was reviewing past threads about it. When I came across the post quoted above, I decided to simply remove my resonator and see what difference it would make. Although I've not ridden in a car with the Downforce scoop, I think BITeR got it right - this is a definite improvement subjectively, and free to boot. My car is a 92 and has CTSC/h/e/stock airbox/UNI filter. It's not just my imagination, along with louder induction sounds, the SC whine (and unfortunately the slight SC rattle at idle) is more pronounced.

Also, and this REALLY surprised me, the car seems more responsive and free-reving, although I'm sure this is simply a pyschological effect. But, to a large extent, perception is reality. I won't put the resonator back unless someone has a valid reason why it needs to be there.

Other than getting my car on jackstands and the wheel removed, this was a simple 15 minute modification.

I guess that is ok, but I feel like the scoop does just that, it SCOOPS the air more directly into the cold air box. I love mine and was very impressed with the end result. Your way is certainly less $$.

Last edited:
Back