• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Down Force intake Scoop.. Wow!

Re: Down Force intake SCOOP..WOW!!

Shumdit said:
I know that was the Cantrell unit, but from what others have told me it is an exact copy, so I would think the HP gains would at least be close (again, not my reason for buying it). :cool:

That's what my money's on. :smile:

Shumdit said:
I know that was the Cantrell unit, but from what others have told me it is an exact copy, so I would think the HP gains would at least be close (again, not my reason for buying it). :cool:

And based upon SurferX's experience, you'd be correct with that!

Looks like Downforce has some great products. I can see them doing very well with seemingly high quality products at much lower prices. Gotta love market dynamics.

ryans said:
Is GT-rom using your pictures? I notice the accord in the back has US Plates.

http://www.gt-rom.net/gtrom/ais/ais.htm

If you scroll down the page, the dyno graph at the bottom says "Autowave" and "Science of Speed". GT-rom IS using their pics!!!

surferX said:
If you scroll down the page, the dyno graph at the bottom says "Autowave" and "Science of Speed". GT-rom IS using their pics!!!

I would be honored to have my company copied by a reputable company like theirs :tongue: .

Even on the Taitec homepage SOS is mentioned many times and they even link it to the AIS system.

http://www.taita.co.jp/cgi-bin/cmfdiary/cmfdiary.cgi

Got mine today :biggrin: Good customer service and follow-up given by Peter to send the scoop all the way to Asia
Now just waiting for my exhaust - from Japan(seems to take longer... strange :rolleyes: )

Installed mine two days ago with the Uni filter... the sound is awesome with the B&B exhaust! It definitely feels faster... or maybe it just sounds faster... either way the improvement is amazing!

Jimmy's Black Nsx said:
I suppose its too late to get in @ 100 bucks? on the website is showing 195.00 :confused:

Yes, it was $100 a few months back, and then $120.00 ( I think) and now is $195.00, but that may include the Unifilter.

The web site says it includes the Uni filter and shipping in to the 48 states. The previous prices did not include shipping.

It has been one of the best mods for the $$ I have spent as yet.
Getting the CT filter from Dali helped complete the package.
I went from a K&N cone filter back to the OEM box with this intake setup and couldn't be happier with every aspect of it.

Got my scoop this week and installed it today. Here are my impressions. (in case anybody still reads this 6 page post :-))

First of all, I already had the uni filter and was running stock intake but with the resonator pipe removed. (having sealed that end of the intake.)

So, with huge expectations after reading about the scoop for a while, I took her for a drive. Tell you the truth, I was a little dissapointed. The sound changed a little from before, but only slightly. Power boost I could not really tell, but 5 hp could be just about right if the dyno says so. Have to do some more driving.

I like the sound, it's just that my old setup with the uni filter and resonator removed, gave 80% of the sound. So now you all know how to get this sound for less $$. If you go scoop pluss uni at the same time, I guess the difference is a lot bigger.

Also another tip for installing the scoop. Try to slide it in from the top, starting with the scoop horisontal. Took me a while before I got it in.

Great service from downforce. thanks

installed this last night. sound is great! install took no time, but the wheel well liner was a bitch to get back on.

one question, what the hell is all that goo on the wheel well? also noticed it on the bottom of my car as well. my car only has 8k miles and driven in summer weather only, never in rain or mud....so why does it seem so dirty? is this coating from the factory? did everyone else have it? thanks.

Hi Peter, you got some seriously excellent customer service!!!
The Parcel mailed 07.10. has been arrived yesterday my Home-Adresse:smile:. Now we have to Scope in Switzerland. Peter i'm interested in doing buiness with you. Have a good time. Thanks for all :rolleyes:

Installed my DF Scoop & Uni-Filter today. It is truely a great mod for the money. Thanks Peter for the quick shipment.

I also want to thank Sam, a Prime member (nsxtra). He took time out of his evening to help me put this sucker on and is a great guy to have in the NSX community. That is what makes this forum so great.

Cheers
Adam

I installed my DF Scoop & Uni Filter last Saturday morning at the butt-crack of dawn because I was more giddy than a bingo player that needs one more square to win. I still have the OEM headers and exhaust so the "roar" is quieter than I expected. The scoop/filter improved the engine music throughout the rev range and is especially nice at 6k rpm and up.

My butt-dyno felt a little stronger push in acceleration but it may be a psychological way of justifying the cost of the scoop/filter -- which isn't bad at all.

Overall, the improved engine music is worth the price of admission IMO. :biggrin:

I was surprised I could actually tell a difference in how the car pulls with this setup.
I am anxious now to add an exhaust. Call me crazy, but the little whooshing sound the new scoop makes kind of sounds like a mini turbo making like .25 psi. lol

GHOSTRIDER said:
I was surprised I could actually tell a difference in how the car pulls with this setup.
I am anxious now to add an exhaust. Call me crazy, but the little whooshing sound the new scoop makes kind of sounds like a mini turbo making like .25 psi. lol

totally sounds like a mini turbo:)

supra2nv said:
I got the UNI filter in there tonight. Is it normal for the suction sound to be loud? It sounds cool, I just want to make sure it is normal.

Yes, it is normal for the suction sound to be pretty loud. That is one of the 'extra' benefits of this fine product.

haha i love when you shut the car down and still get the swoooshy sound for a bit :biggrin:

if you have the scoop + the zanardi style mesh, do you think you'll find alot of ROCKS and bits on top of your air filter next time you change it??

Back