• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Down Force intake Scoop.. Wow!

Re: Down Force intake SCOOP..WOW!!

just sent my order in..
will be waiting for the mailman. :biggrin:

Pirana said:
I know that some of you dont condone spirited driving...but here is my story. My friend has a 02 Carrera 2, I think its 300bhp, its all stock except for suspension. We did a couple of drives where he just beat me in the NSX for 2-3 car lenghts. A couple of weeks ago I installed the air intake scoop and we did the same drives...what a difference. I beat him once and the other I started to pull on him. He couldnt believe it, he thought I had just installed NO2 at the least. It made a believer out of me and by far the best mod I have experienced in the NSX.

I'm praying right now that there is this much gain from this mod....That would be sweet!
Regardless, it sure couldn't hurt.

I wasnt expecting any gains....but just the growl of the engine and the sound of the VTEC engaging was sufficient...but in my car I can testify to a huge gain. I wish the camera was rolling, I love when a 10 year old Japanese car whoops on a new German auto... :biggrin:

Hi

I was out testing with the new scoop yesterday. The sound was just sick :biggrin: :eek:

Sounds like Darth Vader have posessed my NSX.

Regards

Last edited:

I installed my scoop just a few weeks ago and since the install I have run through one tank of gas. I have had my car for a year and have consistently averaged 20 mpg. On this first tank with the scoop, I got 23 mpg.

So, along with the excellent sound and increased power, I have a nice increase in mileage. hmmm.....

Anyone else experience better mileage?

Ok guys, back to reality! The scoop is NOT going to:
  • Give you 2-3 car lengths in a qtr. mile of acceleration
  • Improve your gas mileage by 15%
  • Save you a bunch of money on your car insurance :tongue:

The scoop will:
  • give a better sound
  • potentially add about 5rwhp but probably less
  • suck a plastic bag to the intake from 6" away
  • allow you to say you have a "Le Mans" spec air intake :biggrin:

I think these scoops are definitely worth it for the sound alone. They also look uber cool. :cool:

Regarding the power increase, here is some information. I did a baseline dyno last week with and without a high speed fan at the side scoop. There was a consistent 5rwhp difference across the entire RPM range. Charles Hudson did the same thing and also had a consistent 5rwhp difference between the high speed fan and no fan. His NSX is SC'd and has the intake scoop.
If this was an apples to apples comparison, both the stock scoop and the downforce scoop both added 5rwhp when higher pressure air was applied during the dyno. Draw your own conclusions.

AutoVation said:
-Give you 2-3 car lengths in a qtr. mile of acceleration
-Improve your gas mileage by 15%
-Save you a bunch of money on your car insurance :tongue:

-----------------------------------------------------------
What!!! this is a SCAM :biggrin: !!! I was told , the scoop will do all that :)..I love the scoop, It give me wing :biggrin: !!!!!

martin said:
Hi

I guess I could "advertise" for my movie in this thread too :)

It is a before and after Scoop install and you can find it here

I found the sound very good afterwards. I have not yet tried it in VTEC.

Regards

Just saw the 3 movies. Very entertaining.
The video on the scoop gives me a very good idea on what to expect.
Thanks!

can i attatch the fan to the side intake of my nsx. i could use 5rwhp?

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

menuserve said:
i can't believe that this thing is up to $195 now.... which is going up faster... these scoops or the price of gas?

Hi

There are a reason to why they can only sell max 150 scoops. I do not want to tell you what I have been told in mails.

I would believe that the same reason applies to why the price has gone up.

If you read the discussion here on this thread you will understand why they have to limit/stop selling them.

Regards

menuserve said:
yes but they are still making them... they told me that they are making 10 per week and can't ship for 4 weeks!

Hi

On their website they say that they will sell a maximum of 150 scoops. I do not know how many they have sold until now and to what price. But I am sure that they will not make more after they reach 150 scoops.

I am very satisfied with my scoop and if they are still availible then go get it.

Regards

I was able to get on the September 9th shipment..can't wait!

martin said:
Hi

There are a reason to why they can only sell max 150 scoops. I do not want to tell you what I have been told in mails.

I would believe that the same reason applies to why the price has gone up.

If you read the discussion here on this thread you will understand why they have to limit/stop selling them.

Regards

Why? because of copy rights, or dispute with Cantrell?
You can't post this and not tell us!

BITeR said:

Hi

I would think that it is a combination of the two.

Regards

BITeR said:

I was told probably the same thing Martin was. But in order to stay in good graces I'm not going to comment either.

I was on the August 26 shipment, and got the Scoop on the 28th. Very pleased with the product. Sounds and feels great. Thanks, Peter.

Paul

rk-nsx said:
can i attatch the fan to the side intake of my nsx. i could use 5rwhp?
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

You'll only get 5rwhp on the dyno. :tongue:

Back