• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Down Force intake Scoop.. Wow!

Re: Down Force intake SCOOP..WOW!!

supra2nv said:
I got the UNI filter in there tonight. Is it normal for the suction sound to be loud? It sounds cool, I just want to make sure it is normal.

I thought it was crazy at first too. It sounds like a vacuum cleaner. Awesome product. :smile:

just dropped the UNI filter in yesterday. between the dirty filter and UNI filter, I do noticed the rev goes up more quickly. I actually have the CAI, but the DF Scoop is just as good.

khappucino said:
haha i love when you shut the car down and still get the swoooshy sound for a bit :biggrin:

so it's normal to hear the lit swooshing sound after car is turn off?! :eek: i thought it was only my car!

On the subject of intake has anyone seen an intake scoop similar to the SOS one but with the exterior lip which extends out further to pick up greater amount of air??

duct09[1].jpg

randomharmony said:
so it's normal to hear the lit swooshing sound after car is turn off?! :eek: i thought it was only my car!

Hi

Did you see my movie?

You can hear the suctionnoise.

Regards

Are the 150 units all gone ?

Interested in one. :rolleyes:

I want that SAS sound :biggrin:

Antonio

pd. peter, e-mail sent

Last edited:

Such great responses to this intake scoop. This may be a stupid question but this will work with a Comptech intake right? If so I want one Bitches!

Ok guys I went ahead and bought this without the knowledge if it worked with the Comptech Airbox. I comtacted Autologic in Houston for installation on all my parts and they advised me that this product does not work with the Comptech airbox. With that in mind I paid $185 plus $8 for shipping. I am in no need of this unit anymore and will sell mine for $175 plus $8 for shipping. Please let me know. All interested buyers email me here and can pay me via Paypal to [email protected]. Thank you!

It doesn't work? Hmmm..I thought the airbox was on the inside of the engine compartment while this scoop was in the fender well...Are you sure you couldn't use both together?

martin said:
Hi

Did you see my movie?

Regards

Good video!!! I'm glad to hear the suction sound from the side intake when engine is shut down is normal. I thought it was a problem and had an appt with acura to have it checked.

DrVolkl said:
It doesn't work? Hmmm..I thought the airbox was on the inside of the engine compartment while this scoop was in the fender well...Are you sure you couldn't use both together?

That does seem odd ??? :confused:

sjones said:
Good video!!! I'm glad to hear the suction sound from the side intake when engine is shut down is normal. I thought it was a problem and had an appt with acura to have it checked.

Hi

Thanks.

I was suprised by how much more induction sound I got from the side. It was really cool. Like having Darth Vader in there :biggrin:

Regards

sjones said:

Can't see the video :confused: , connecting.... but nothing, any help ??

NSX PTY said:
Can't see the video :confused: , connecting.... but nothing, any help ??

Hi

I would suggest you right click and download.

Regards

donwon said:
I think they call it GTR side vent
pics

Thanks donwon not quite what I’ve seen before, I will keep looking, mean while I have received my down force scoop here in AUS in under 8 days Thanks to Peter

martin said:
Hi

Did you see my movie?

Regards

Thanks Martin for the video, glad to hear i'm not the only one.

Pardon me for asking, but why the swoosh? :confused: does the sccop really suck that much air? :confused: :confused: :biggrin:

I was looking on the Downforce website and saw the Complete intake system. Does anyone have that system installed?

supra2nv said:
installed this last night. sound is great! install took no time, but the wheel well liner was a bitch to get back on.

I just installed mine last night and the wheel liner won't fit as before, there is a gap by the air vent. Does anyone else have this problem? Will post picture later...

NsSeX said:
I just installed mine last night and the wheel liner won't fit as before, there is a gap by the air vent. Does anyone else have this problem? Will post picture later...
Mine snugged right up to the vent, however I've got the old gutter guard in there in place of the plastic vents.

I've recently installed the UNI filter and scoop. . .should I have any problems passing smog?

Note: 1996 NSX-T with 68k miles, t-belt, water pump, 60k performed recently.

Thanks!

I think his problem was with the wheel well liner not fitting completely flush along the fender edge, not with the fit at the side vents.

On the last post, I do not think this should affect a smog check.

Back