Disaster....

Just in case ..... I know someone with a spare NSX engine/transmission box from a '91 model: 64000 km (39700 Mls) ... but I hope you won't need it. Greetings

BlueEyes' NSX said:
Just in case ..... I know someone with a spare NSX engine/transmission box from a '91 model: 64000 km (39700 Mls) ... but I hope you won't need it. Greetings

I appreciate your support. First I have to see what is the damage.

Thanks in advance,
Gerard

In the Comptech kit is also included:

Fuel presure regulator
Dynamo (reverse turning direction)
Metal frame and rollers to adjust and mount the belt of the SC
Cast aluminium peace between throtle body (OEM) and SC
Cast aluminium intake manifold

This is a lot of work making with a jigsaw and sanding paper, if not imposiibble:o

Juice said:
Interesting. Since I do not run a SC setup, who can quantify the value of buying a kit from Comptech vs. building one using a SC from the website above. The cost sure seems to be very different.

Modified intake manifold. It just doesn't bolt up to the throat where a Holley 4bbl would:D Among many other small things.

My engine past away.......

Me and Cees-jan (my friend the mechanic) not aware of what is coming........................

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 555
OUCH!!!
I feel for you - not pretty!
But look on the bright side - what a cool desk/coffee- table ornament you now have in that #2 piston.
Good Luck man!

I suspect more damage in the front cylinder bank (sorry Gerard) because with no rotation of the cams annd all valve clearance turned to max(more than 1 mm=valve closed I am stil not able to rotate the engine a full turn: I heare a click and it wont go further.......:mad:

Oh my! I had pain just looking at those pics, and it's not even my car. :eek: Sorry to see this, Gerard.

len3.8 said:
I am betting a piece of the cam...
Sorry to see the damage Gerard.

I don't think it's the cam. The camshaft is in perfect condition. Perhaps it was because of the sudden difference in pressure due to explosion in the cylinder. It was like a liquid fuel bomb.

KGP said:
Oh my! I had pain just looking at those pics, and it's not even my car. :eek: Sorry to see this, Gerard.

I am still in pain after a night sleep :( Can you imagine that I also look at the pics and wish that these pics aren't made of my engine!

len3.8 said:
I am betting a piece of the cam...
Sorry to see the damage Gerard.

I have looked again in the mess and there is a hole in the center of the piston, we just filled up the engine when trying to start it. the (vary badly damaged) spark plug ignited for the last time .......auch.:eek:

The hole can be seen in the picture on the right side of the "R"

Cees-Jan said:
I suspect more damage in the front cylinder bank (sorry Gerard) because with no rotation of the cams annd all valve clearance turned to max(more than 1 mm=valve closed I am stil not able to rotate the engine a full turn: I heare a click and it wont go further.......:mad:

I was afraid this should be the case:(

holy crap is that intake valve straight through the piston? Looks like the valve stem basically speared it's way through!! If that's the case I would be worried about the valve stem gouging the cylinder wall and possibly preventing the engine from turning over

Back