• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Difflow NSX Diffusers... coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Difflow NSX Diffusers in stock

Can you post up some pix of the part on a car with the car on a lift? Or at least high enough in the air to view the part of the diffuser that mounts towards the front of the car? I'm curious to see what that looks like, if it's open like it would be scooping air up like a shovel, or if it's mounted flush to the car to provide a smooth surface.

If this has already been posted, sorry in advance. However, I would still like to see a view from the front of the car looking towards the rear.

It mounts flat to the cross member. The piece is actually designed very well with a U shape that wraps over the cross member for extra support. It's as close to the car as it can possibly get.

Can you post up some pix of the part on a car with the car on a lift? Or at least high enough in the air to view the part of the diffuser that mounts towards the front of the car? I'm curious to see what that looks like, if it's open like it would be scooping air up like a shovel, or if it's mounted flush to the car to provide a smooth surface.

If this has already been posted, sorry in advance. However, I would still like to see a view from the front of the car looking towards the rear.

You'll have to watch the video to see where it mounts. It sits parallel to the ground. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4-EzdX1lTU (Sorry I don't know how to embed.) And yes, we got it as close as we could without hitting the exhaust. :)

HIJACKER, qu1Z, that is exactly the info I was looking for!:smile: Much thanks!

Re: NSX Diffusers... coming soon.

Those that have had your diffusers for a month or 2. whats your impressions/reviews of the product? I was hoping for a pre '02 version, but I heard the vendor doesn't have access to a Pre '02 NSX rear valance. Just want to know so I can decide to either bite the bullet and get an 02 diffuser or hold off.

Teaser pic....

IMG_0189.jpg

Off topic question. Which part of the car are the jack stands on?

The only downside that I see with my car is that I have the Seibon CF rear valance. The rear mounting points or lip slat, would have half of the weight pulling down on the rear valance. Which the Seibon rear valance uses a peice that is seperate from the rest of the valance, and bolts to it on the left and right side. The 02 rear valance is one peice and would give more support for the diffuser.

So long story short, unfortunately it doesn't look as if this diffuser will work with the Seibon valance from what I can tell. (Watching the Difflow installation video)

It would appear that I would have to fab up some mounting brackets of some type in order to give the Seibon valance the necessary rigidity and strength of the 02 valance to help support the diffuser.

I've got 1 more original in stock, then it will be 3 weeks before I have more! PM me!

I've got 1 RAILER in stock, with Nuts/Bolts instead of rivets, for easy fin removal! Brand new, looks sick! Perfect for the track.

Last edited:

Can someone help me with this? I am about to install this, can't figure out what that last bracket is for and how it attaches? The installer just seems to willy nilly slide this metal bar on top, then goes under and tightens some screw? that part makes no sense. The part that shows at 1:18

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/z4-EzdX1lTU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The bracket just goes on the upper side of the diffuser and encloses around your frame bar that sits in between your rear wheels. Call me I can walk you through it. 406 2O7 48OO

Off topic question. Which part of the car are the jack stands on?

There is an aluminum lower cross member brace under the car. The far corners of that brace where there it bolts to the frame of the car, is another good jackstand point.

Phenomenal product guys, thanks. Just one question... are the nuts and bolts something that won't rust? because my DF one did, and it was a nightmare to remove. If the hardware isn't something specifically that will NOT rust, or you don't know for sure, I suggest you just get a handful of new bolts and send them to your customers. A shop spent 2.5 hours trying to undo totally rusted bolts from my last one.

photo-4.jpg

Also you may want to note... it is best to start tightening from the center and work your way out to the sides. The outer clips are far apart and barely fit into the valence, so it "squeezes" the entire diffusor a bit, causing it to bow slightly. I thought mine had a problem. Then I undid the bolts and started tightening from the center, and it solved the problem.

Overall however, I give the design of the unit, hardware, and fit an A.

photo-4.jpg

dudeeeeeeeeee GunMetal those underrated 02+ wheels and OMG! ...
Your car is looking really bad ass!

Oscar

Was this question asked? What's the weight on this sucker..

It's around 14 lbs.

The screws won't rust. The black clips that the screws go into may rust, but those aren't visible from the outside. I'm glad you like the diffuser! It looks great on your car, but could you send me 4 more pictures for my website? I need more. Thank you for the install notes about tightening from the center.

Glenn

Last edited:
Re: Difflow Diffuser GROUP BUY!

I'd like to see some tests/results of the Difflow aerodynamic efficiency - even if it's just smoke test.

Same thing, different car.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/q8hIxMzqW0c?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nice. A quasi scientific test is better than no science at all. There is a difference though in the diffuser - the outer fins have a much larger opening.

The principal is the same.... help guide the air straight out - reduce drag and increase downforce due to the increase in the air velocity. It's not rocket science.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernoulli's_principle

audi-r8-gt3-race-car-2-big.jpg

ferrari_p45_competizione.jpg

Last edited:

Is there a picture of an underbody shot of this? Can someone kindly put their NSX (with diffuser) on a car hoist and snap a quick photo?

Please also show the underbody shot of the Exige as well.

Those would be very helpful in helping me make my decision.

Is there a picture of an underbody shot of this? Can someone kindly put their NSX (with diffuser) on a car hoist and snap a quick photo?

Please also show the underbody shot of the Exige as well.

Those would be very helpful in helping me make my decision.

DSC00339.jpg

I might change tires in 2 months .. maybe I'll be able to do that ...

Btw, he has a sale on this units, with an awesome price!

Oscar

The principal is the same.... help guide the air straight out - reduce drag and increase downforce due to the increase in the air velocity. It's not rocket science.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernoulli's_principle

audi-r8-gt3-race-car-2-big.jpg

ferrari_p45_competizione.jpg

Very, very cool. On the Audi as well as the Elise and other race cars I've seen, the diffuser underneath includes coverage over the exhaust and the bumper, e.g laterally. Is that in the plan for the NSX?

the diffuser underneath includes coverage over the exhaust and the bumper, e.g laterally. Is that in the plan for the NSX?

No. Look at the Difflow pics above they don't go under the exhaust. Nor does it really matter. It's not like F1 where they are using the exhaust flow with the diffuser to gain a millisecond advantage.

Any chance you will make these for pre 02? I really want one but the added cost of buying an 02 valance makes it not worth it at all:frown:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back