• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

DF Type R Seats

Status
Not open for further replies.
FABRIC
Fabric - (Black, Ivory, Tan Leather, Alcantra Red or black) $400
Cushion - Same as OEM $125

Is this red Alcantara real alcantara or an ultra suede product? As i thought Alcantara is no longer sold in the US?

Yes these seats will work with the NA1R manual seat rails and also the NA2R motorized seat rails.

You can custom order but you have to be very specific on the holes because as you may know the mounting points will have to take up a lot of the force and load. So the seat will be designed different per specification, once the reinforcements are laid out it can't be moved during post production of the seats.

Were you thinking of the Sparco pattern? The NSX-R seats are different from a lot of the other Recaros because it has a very narrow bottom section and I need to verify that the mounting can be done safely. For custom mounting points I can't guarantee the 4,000 lbs load rating because it would be too costly to destroy a seat just for testing.

======================

According to the manufacturer they are a distributor of Alcantra. If they are not sold in the USA anymore I will inquire with them.

Guys we are out of power rails, well we have one set left. All 6 rails are spoken for at this point. So if you want the power seat option, you will need to opt for the Core exchange option or wait for us to purchase more cores.

Another great option is the SOS manual rails which you can adjust the tilt and height. SOS rails are $299 each and can be purchased direct from them or us.

The NSX-R OEM rails are around $1200+ per rail new and are available as well. You can go through SOS or rjp.

THANK YOU

Last edited:
Hi Peter,

SHELL
FIA Shell - Carbon Kevlar / Epoxy $1250
Shell - Carbon Kevlar / Epoxy $900
beside the FIA approved shell... there is any other difference between the 2 shells? (looks, strengh, etc)

FABRIC
Fabric - (Black, Ivory, Tan Leather, Alcantra Red or black) $400
Cushion - Same as OEM $125
So, to have covers exactly like OEM, we need the 2 items, ence a total of $525, right?

SEAT HARDWARE
Recaro Seat Belt Guides - $30
OEM Seat Belt Buckles - $30
do i need both or only one of them?? i can use my oem buckles, no problem there.

SEAT RAIL
OEM Rails Converted - $600
Conversion Service - Core + $350
for the OEM rails conversion, do i need to send something from my oem seats to you?? or is something i cab assemble myself after??

POWER SEAT
Seat Switch Cover + Knob - $300
Seat Wiring Plug and Play - $350
again, do i need both of the items??

The total price is $2735 Complete or $2485 if you provide the core seat for the FIA which will not be available until March of next year.

The total price is $2385 Complete or $2135 if you provide the core seat without the FIA approval stamp. Which can be made available by 1-2 months.

i don't quite understand which core i must provide... my entire OEM seats??

i would like to clear all these doubts so i can calculate the total to see if i can even dream of buying them :wink:

what i would want is The most exact copy of the OEM NA2 NSX-R seats, i'm yet to decide if black or red.

I need to ask if i buy the seats without rails now, and use the SOS ones, will i be able to buy the powered rails later from you?? i mean...i don't have a money tree, and i need to go as i can go :wink:

Thanks,
Nuno

PS - i'm getting thinner...slowly, but i will get there :tongue:

Both FIA and non-FIA seats is going to be identical. The only difference is the FIA shell will likely be available in about 6 months because I don't have the capital to lay out for the testing. Our shells will be tested with a 4,000 lbs load and 2,000 on the sides, the FIA test uses a 3,600 lbs and 1,800 on the sides. The difference is that I don't have an accredited laboratory by the FIA doing the test. So to answer your question both will be identical.

Yes you will need both the cushions and the cover to have it exactly like the OE Type R cushions.

You can reuse your OEM buckles.

The power rails is actually very complicated to do. If you didn't notice I had changed the pricing because Sam was complaining that it involved a lot of cost in labor and time. This is how it works.
1.) We first strip an OEM seat
2.) We cut the lumbar supports off
3.) We weld custom made tabs that makes the seating position identical.
(we use a jig to locate the tabs)
4.) We clean up the rails and refinish the welded areas.
5.) Then we re-wire the seats and use the OEM clip harnesses so it plugs in.
6.) Install the inserts for the switch cover

If you can weld or know a welder we can sell you the tabs. Please be 100% sure that the welder is good, someone that you would trust your life to.

Rail Converted - Means I supply you the core and everything is done.
Conversion Service - Means you send me a seat and I'll do the work.

You only need to get the Seat Switch and Knob, the wiring is already provided either by your core (complete seat or just send us the rails) or the rail you purchase from us.

You can upgrade the power anytime you want. Just let me know and I'll have the switch threads installed for later use. I priced everything out separately so if you have a better deal or source you don't have to get it from me and you can save money.

So have I got this right please ...

Carbon/kevlar shell (OEM appearance) $900
Cushion, OEM buckles $155
Fabric (Black leather with small Red Recaro logo as OEM) $400

Sub total $ 1455 = $2910 for one pair of seats plus runners plus shipping.

Q: is it possible to replicate the leather / alcantara Type S cover in black/black? Would want the small red Red Recaro logo as well please. See attached photo

regards, Paul

Last edited:
SHELL
Shell - Carbon Kevlar / Epoxy $900
Shell - Carbon Fiber / Epoxy $900

Dumb question: What is the difference between Carbon Kevlar / Epoxy and Carbon Fiber / Epoxy?

Rails: The modified rails don't allow tilting, right? Is the height with the SOS rails the same or slighty higher while still allowing for full adjustability?

OEM seat weight? I've read about 40.3 lbs per seat but don't know if this is with or without the OEM seat rails. Anyone?

If I cancel the power seat, buy the SOS rail and go with a Non-FIA seat I'll end up with $1500+$300+shipping for a seat that exactly looks and feels like a Type R seat, right? My preference is like the ones of Unhuz, a perfect copy of a red Type R seat. Are the prices after the initial offering the same? What will be the time between order and delivery?
Please show us some pics of a finished red seat and I'll overthink my tuning-moratorium. :)

Last edited:
With the SOS manual rails and these seats whats the total weight per seat? Thanks

let me find out that info I know we had it figured out somewhere but, will re post it

I am looking for exactly this as well.

So have I got this right please ...

Carbon/kevlar shell (OEM appearance) $900
Cushion, OEM buckles $155
Fabric (Black leather with small Red Recaro logo as OEM) $400

Sub total $ 1455 = $2910 for one pair of seats plus runners plus shipping.

Q: is it possible to replicate the leather / alcantara Type S cover in black/black? Would want the small red Red Recaro logo as well please. See attached photo

regards, Paul

Just a suggestion but these pre FIA prices are fantastic and since OEM R seats aren't FIA anyway why not save the capital and just keep the seats at these prices??

let me find out that info I know we had it figured out somewhere but, will re post it

If I can save half the weight of what the original seats are than I would really like to pull the trigger on some red ones this week. I dont really care about the FIA cert. And if you have any CF headliners back in stock please pm me with paypal link. Thanks

Just a suggestion but these pre FIA prices are fantastic and since OEM R seats aren't FIA anyway why not save the capital and just keep the seats at these prices??

Or get production up and running with those that don't want FIA cert and use some of your profits to do the FIA cert (if you so choose)?

So when are these finally available to order and what's the waiting list order?

They are already available for orders. I ordered mine. I believe it will take a couple of months before they are ready to ship.

With the SOS manual rails and these seats whats the total weight per seat? Thanks

From the original post, the weight of the seat is stated as 9.5 lbs. The SOS website states that their siderail mounts weigh about 14 lbs, so you are looking at about 25 lbs per seat. Stock seats, according to the long "weight reduction thread", weighs about 40 lbs with rails.

For those that are requesting Recaro logos--I think there may be legal issues that Downforce should consider before doing something like that. IANAL, but wouldn't Recaro have a pretty good case for trademark infringement if DF did this? It also opens up the possibility that the replicas would later be sold on the used market as genuine to unsuspecting buyers. Something I'm sure none of us want.

Hi,

that is hard to pass by because there would be no Recaro sticker on the bottom of the seat.

Nuno

For those that are requesting Recaro logos--I think there may be legal issues that Downforce should consider before doing something like that. IANAL, but wouldn't Recaro have a pretty good case for trademark infringement if DF did this? It also opens up the possibility that the replicas would later be sold on the used market as genuine to unsuspecting buyers. Something I'm sure none of us want.

Or get production up and running with those that don't want FIA cert and use some of your profits to do the FIA cert (if you so choose)?

Whoa!!! Why you posting here? You aren't trying to one-up me are you? Go to your room!!

Last edited:
From the original post, the weight of the seat is stated as 9.5 lbs. The SOS website states that their siderail mounts weigh about 14 lbs, so you are looking at about 25 lbs per seat. Stock seats, according to the long "weight reduction thread", weighs about 40 lbs with rails.

someone needs to make a lightweight fixed passenger side mount. 1 pound. What is this 14 pound business.... Who moves the passenger seat anyway?! If you need to get to the back panel for service remove the seat. If the passenger has short legs and complains tell her to zip it or this is her last date.

I wish STMPO or SOS or DF would make a nice fixed mount. Imagine... you could go from 80 pounds of stock BS to about 25 pounds and lose 55 pounds of lard. Do you know how much CF you have to buy to save 55 pounds? the fat is all in the mount not the seat.

Last edited:
They are already available for orders. I ordered mine. I believe it will take a couple of months before they are ready to ship.

someone needs to make a lightweight fixed passenger side mount. 1 pound. What is this 14 pound business.... Who moves the passenger seat anyway?! If you need to get to the back panel for service remove the seat. If the passenger has short legs and complains tell her to zip it or this is her last date.

I wish STMPO or SOS or DF would make a nice fixed mount. Imagine... you could go from 80 pounds of stock BS to about 25 pounds and lose 55 pounds of lard. Do you know how much CF you have to buy to save 55 pounds? the fat is all in the mount not the seat.

So the weight saving is 15 lbs per seat. Not bad at all, just thought it be little more. But the idea of making the passenger seat a fixed mount weighing 1-2 lbs so we can save anohter 14lbs sounds like a great idea. I never sit in the passenger side anyway lol. Plus that will make the total weight savings 53-54lbs rather than 30lbs.

Imagine... you could go from 80 pounds of stock BS to about 25 pounds and lose 55 pounds of lard. Do you know how much CF you have to buy to save 55 pounds? the fat is all in the mount not the seat.

Actually I'd say that almost all of the fat is ON TOP of the seat. :biggrin:

Hey guys we can not do logos for obvious trade mark infringements. :biggrin:

GoldNSX - Carbon Fiber and Carbon Kevlar is simply the type of reinforcement fabric. Carbon Fiber is purely nothing but carbon fiber strands. Carbon Kevlar is weaving the reinforcement with a kevlar and carbon strand (known as a tow). Kevlar is not as strong as carbon, but it is very tear resistant. Usually used on race car panels so when a crash occurs the panels will still be dangling. Some competitions penalize debris from cars, so when that happens they need to go into pit and they would either duct tape it on or cut it off.

So our seats is all pure carbon except for the outside layer for the NSX-R traditional look.

Any questions regarding the SOS rails should be directed to SOS. I shouldn't be answering questions about their products because I could possibly give misinformation as I do not know their product as well as they do.

The seats are going to be 9.5 lbs with the fabric and cushions. The shell by itself is 4.85 lbs (trade scale).

I'll have a picture posted when we finish a seat, we are just ironing down on the fabric materials before I go gun-ho on ordering the materials.

baynsac -
Our complete seat is 9.5 lbs - 10.5 lbs (depending on fabric).
Our converted OEM power seat rails are 14.8 lbs.
SOS manual rails are advertised at 14.2 lbs.

NSX-ST - You caught an error I assumed about the Recaro bolt pattern. The NSX-R Recaro seats have a different bolt pattern then the normal Recaros. Since our seats work with the SOS rails, I assumed that the bolt pattern was identical to all Recaro bolt patterns. This seat will only work with the OEM NSX-R seat rails, our converted rails, or SOS rails. This is to my current knowledge.

The seats are available (shell), we are finalizing with the upholestry company with materials. We ordered a lot of different materials and most of it is coming from Italy so the wait time is quite long. Once it arrives, we will be making multiple covers and seeing which ones we like. That is when we will be ordering a lot of materials for our runs.

Liquid - Yes that is exactly what we are doing. So that is why our seats will be identical to our FIA certified seats, as we will not be changing anything because it passes with even higher loading then what the FIA specifies.

Olyar15 - Thank you for the order, the only thing we are waiting for is fabric covering of the seats.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back