• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

DF Type R Seats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

just to know, what would the price be for:

- Buckets with manual rails (instead of power rails)
- Only Buckets (no rails at all)

please someone at DF could answer this here or through PM.

Thanks,
Nuno

but uh be nice if we could still have heated seats even w/o the power rails:biggrin:

What are you a girl? does your touchie get cold in the winter?

You take the regular seats and like it!!!

What are you a girl? does your touchie get cold in the winter?

You take the regular seats and like it!!!

Sigh ...yes Uncle dave:frown:

They are waiting for FIA test/certification.

Just found myself a set of original factory installed Mazda RX7-RZ Carbon/Kevlar seats, black cloth upholstery with Recaro name on the backrest :biggrin:. These were OE by Mazda in the RX7-RZ special edition.

Wouldn't be a bit surprised if these are the same as the OE NSX-R seats (at least hope so:rolleyes:) as they look exactly the same as in the pics posted here:eek:.

Additional feature with these seats are the original RZ seatrails which have a 3-stage tilt mechanism.

Are supposed to be shipped to me from the UK tomorrow, hope to have them in about a week time.

If I like them, I will probably try to get different covers made up to match the tan interior in my red/tan NSX:wink::smile:

Just found myself a set of original factory installed Mazda RX7-RZ Carbon/Kevlar seats, black cloth upholstery with Recaro name on the backrest :biggrin:. These were OE by Mazda in the RX7-RZ special edition.

Wouldn't be a bit surprised if these are the same as the OE NSX-R seats (at least hope so:rolleyes:) as they look exactly the same as in the pics posted here:eek:.

Additional feature with these seats are the original RZ seatrails which have a 3-stage tilt mechanism.

Are supposed to be shipped to me from the UK tomorrow, hope to have them in about a week time.

If I like them, I will probably try to get different covers made up to match the tan interior in my red/tan NSX:wink::smile:

they look similar but not are not the same as the nsx-r seats

they look similar but not are not the same as the nsx-r seats

Both are carbon/kevlar Recaro seats by JDM manufacturers (Mazda/Honda)installed on a special edition /version sportscar.
In what way do you know them to be different/ what are the differences?

Both are carbon/kevlar Recaro seats by JDM manufacturers (Mazda/Honda)installed on a special edition /version sportscar.
In what way do you know them to be different/ what are the differences?

I looked at the Mazda seats also but they are not the same seat. From memory they are shaped differently and also have a seat belt retaining handle up near the shoulder. They also dont have the hole for the seat belt securing lock.

RX7Seat.jpg

632-1_000014-4.jpg

I looked at the Mazda seats also but they are not the same seat. From memory they are shaped differently and also have a seat belt retaining handle up near the shoulder. They also dont have the hole for the seat belt securing lock.

RX7Seat.jpg

632-1_000014-4.jpg

Thanks,
This is a very clear answer.
Too bad that these are not the same as the NSX-R seats :frown:

Thanks,
This is a very clear answer.
Too bad that these are not the same as the NSX-R seats :frown:

No problem!

I posted this on the NSXCB forum and some of the guys are well clued up on these. The RX7 seats are still nice but for me the NSX-R seats are much nicer and the proper fitment

No problem!

I posted this on the NSXCB forum and some of the guys are well clued up on these. The RX7 seats are still nice but for me the NSX-R seats are much nicer and the proper fitment

The NSX-R seats SUCK...!

NOT! :biggrin: :wink: :biggrin: :wink:

nsx-r_seats_018_800.jpg

Last edited:
Dave, NSX-R seats is almost identical in terms of comfort as the OEM seats, in fact, it is also very easy to get in and out.

These seats are the most comfortable racing bucket you can buy, far more comfortable than any thing you can find from Recaro, Ferrari, Porsche and Lambo's none adjustable buckets.

I'll second Vancehu's observations. R seats are as comfortable as OE NSX seats, amazing, but true. Recaro PP seats are nowhere close. I've logged over 100K miles in 7 NSXs over 19 years (now 50, 164lbs, 5-10), and can say that OE NSX seats were the very best I ever sat in...until I sat in real R seats in Tokyo. And, the other P and F cars honestly don't compare. Leather too stiff, bolsters feel like cement, ugh. My NSXs were all daily drivers. But yes, R seats are for slimmer guys.

Finally, sitting in R seats makes the whole NSX experience just that much better. The car feels more like a video game...almost faster. Dunno how Honda did it, but those R seats are like the Mclaren F1 road car...never going to be repeated again.

Last edited:
Just to give you guys an update. We haven't proceeded with the FIA approval yet because of the costs. It has been very slow since April hench the Business Sucks Sale. We were also finishing up on the Stack Intake and awaiting for the silicone bands to arrive. Tomorrow we will be building our test seat and doing a preliminary 4,000 lb stress test. This test should be completed within 2 weeks.

For those of you that don't care about the FIA certification approval I can lower the price. The seats will pass the stress test which a bit more than the equivalent to the FIA specs.

All of the costs associated with building a seat is very expensive. We even made the original R switch covers to work with the USA spec switches and we even built the switch knob for it. These thermoplastic parts were essential and ended up a very big bill for what it does. The FIA spec seats will not be available until March 2010 because we are a bit busy with a few SEMA projects and the money from these projects will fund our testing for the FIA approval. The shells are very light around 3-4 lbs and we used more materials then the OEM seats. Remember the OEM NSX-R seats are not FIA approved either.

If you wanted the prices (per seat) here it is:

SHELL
FIA Shell - Carbon Kevlar / Epoxy $1250
Shell - Carbon Kevlar / Epoxy $900
Shell - Carbon Fiber / Epoxy $900

FABRIC
Fabric - (Black, Ivory, Tan Leather, Alcantra Red or black) $400
Cushion - Same as OEM $125

SEAT HARDWARE
Recaro Seat Belt Guides - $30
OEM Seat Belt Buckles - $30

SEAT RAIL
OEM Rails Converted - $600
Conversion Service - Core + $350

POWER SEAT
Seat Switch Cover + Knob - $300
Seat Wiring Plug and Play - $350

I provided the pricing all separated to keep the price down so if you can get a cheaper seat cover made, then you can deduct, etc. All of these services and parts are not available separately and can only be purchased with a SHELL.

The total price is $2735 Complete or $2485 if you provide the core seat for the FIA which will not be available until March of next year.

The total price is $2385 Complete or $2135 if you provide the core seat without the FIA approval stamp. Which can be made available by 1-2 months.

Right now the road block we have is the fabric setup which will run at $4,000 for the patterns to be made, I have to run 2 different patterns for the different materials such as leather and Alcantra because the thickness of the materials will change how the covers fit. I'm only using the companies I trust as to avoid any quality concerns.

I only have 4 pairs of rails in stock (8 seats total). The rest has to be cores unless I can get more seats.

So if you want dibs on the seats without the FIA please send an email to [email protected].

Last edited:
So...just the seat would cost (assuming manual rails):

Shell - Carbon Kevlar / Epoxy $900
Fabric - (Black, Ivory, Tan Leather, Alcantra Red or black) $400
Cushion - Same as OEM $125
OEM Seat Belt Buckles - $30

=$1455 each?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back