• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

DF Type R Seats

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 6'2" 195Lb and my waist is 34". I tried the Racaro clone of the R seat and found it very uncomfortable. It's good for someone smaller than me. I just cannot go with this seat as much as I like it.

I'm 6'2" 195Lb and my waist is 34". I tried the Racaro clone of the R seat and found it very uncomfortable. It's good for someone smaller than me. I just cannot go with this seat as much as I like it.

It's your height though right? The waist should be ok.

I think the shoulder area is another sore point. I am 6'1" with a 34 - 36 inch waist and 48R size jacket and with the R seats used to really puch my shoulders forward.

I will say that some of my normal size friends found the seat superb so it should be fine for anyone with a medium frame.

Cheers,

AR

There is your problem Dave, there is no Recaro clone of NSX-R seats. The seats you tried are no way near the comfort and fit of NSX-R seats.

Just imagine this, NSX-R seats have the same comfort level of the and OEM seats.

I'm 5-10, 215 lbs and 34/36 waist and I fit in just fine. There are plenty of room for your butt!!!

Vancehu im curios what is different between the recaro(or any other) pp vs. the nsx-r recaro? I have never had the chance to see them side by side.

Vancehu im curios what is different between the recaro(or any other) pp vs. the nsx-r recaro? I have never had the chance to see them side by side.

I think the NSX-R seats are wider at the bottom without the high side support so you won't have to lift yourself in and out.

Just imagine this, NSX-R seats have the same comfort level of the and OEM seats.

Vance,

I don't think this is the case. Having had an NSX-R I can tell you that is no meant for big ( as in muscular ) guys.

The NSX-R seats are very narrow at the shoulder area.

Cheers,

AR

I think the shoulder area is another sore point. I am 6'1" with a 34 - 36 inch waist and 48R size jacket and with the R seats used to really puch my shoulders forward.

I will say that some of my normal size friends found the seat superb so it should be fine for anyone with a medium frame.

Cheers,

AR

AR .. The OEMs actually push my shoulders forward and my shoulders are about an inch and a half wider than the shoulder/top part of the seat ( on each side ). Plus the OEM sides also push my lats in and aren't the most comfortable for me. Will I not fit well? My height is 5'10 so that shouldn't be a problem.

Last edited:
fitz...

In '04-'05, I got to sit in an '02+ NSX-R a few times. Being a gym-regular 5'10"/185lbs/34W/42R back then*, the seats felt like nirvana. No lie.

Very comparable to OEM/stock seats in terms of comfort & space w/ obvious added bolster/shoulder support.

I believe I also sat in a JDM-exported green '93+ NSX-R (AR99NSX's former NSX, not sure who was the owner at the time) & a '97+ Imora Orange Pearl Type-S.

The NSX-R seats > Type-S seats, easily. . .

Quite a quandary I am in, as I'm all about balance/symmetry/etc'. Meaning, I'd have to get a pair of these DF Type-R seats if I choose to go for such; a single seat wouldn't flow w/ my aesthetics-disorder!

* some of the weight has shifted places since then... :D

Last edited:
AR .. The OEMs actually push my shoulders forward and my shoulders are about an inch and a half wider than the shoulder/top part of the seat ( on each side ). Plus the OEM sides also push my lats in and aren't the most comfortable for me. Will I not fit well? My height is 5'10 so that shouldn't be a problem.

I think is all about how wide your shoulders are, also the taller you are the higher your shoulder will be and closer to the "ears" on the seats.

Cheers,

AR

There is your problem Dave, there is no Recaro clone of NSX-R seats. The seats you tried are no way near the comfort and fit of NSX-R seats.

I'm 5-10, 215 lbs and 34/36 waist and I fit in just fine. There are plenty of room for your butt!!!

Vance it was the pole position. It was way too tight on me. You are saying that is not a good comparison? I tried a larger recaro and it was fine. My shoulders didn't fit in the pole position. My waist is usually OK. Its the muscles man! :biggrin:

Vance it was the pole position. It was way too tight on me. You are saying that is not a good comparison? I tried a larger recaro and it was fine. My shoulders didn't fit in the pole position. My waist is usually OK. Its the muscles man! :biggrin:

I've sat in both. They're two totally different seats.

I sat in both NA1 Type R and NA2 NSX-R seats back to back in Japan and found them very similar. As I said that my frame of 6', 165lbs, and 32 inches fit well and perhaps 1 to 2 more inches waist and hip room. I don't see how a 210+ lb guy can fit in there comfortably. There is a difference between a form fitting sensation and a "hugged" feeling. You don't want to be hugged by the seat. There is just not enough butt room for a fat ass without feeling squeezed. A good fitting racing seat is supposed to give you enough lateral supports and leg freedoms WITHOUT restricting any limb movements. If you have very wide shoulders but slim, you might still have problem with the shoulder area. Ask Ben and Lud. Three of us were playing with these Type Rs together and share the same impressions.
These DF seats are beautiful but they are also substantial investment. If esthetics is the only concern, then I am sure they will do fine. However, if one is quite overweight/obese, then it is imperative to try them on if comfort is the top priority. Perhaps DF can make a cheap figerglass/cloth test mule for the potential buyers to try on.
Steve

Last edited:

Dave, NSX-R seats is almost identical in terms of comfort as the OEM seats, in fact, it is also very easy to get in and out.

NA1/NA2/Type S seats are really same. You can alter the foam paddings to your need but for the price, I wouldn't.

These seats are the most comfortable racing bucket you can buy, far more comfortable than any thing you can find from Recaro, Ferrari, Porsche and Lambo's none adjustable buckets.

reading this whole size info, i understand that NSX-R seats are not for me while i'm this fat.... let's just say that if i had 210lbs i would be more than happy :redface:

but on the other hand, Vance say it has the same confort as the OEM, well... i'm very confortable when i seat in my OEM ones...but so is a thinner guy...

i guess that finally i have a good reason to loose weight... i'll get into that very soon....let's see if in 1 year i'm there....

Being in Portugal, i'm far from being able to try one NSX-R seat.... and as someone mencioned, it's a part that we can't just do a blind buy...

Nuno

Dave, NSX-R seats is almost identical in terms of comfort as the OEM seats, in fact, it is also very easy to get in and out.

Vance if they are identical then there is would have been no point fitting them to the NSX-R/S!!!

They are a lot more restrictive than OEM.

Vance if they are identical then there is would have been no point fitting them to the NSX-R/S!!!

I thought the whole point was weight savings as they're half the weight of the OEMs right?

Weight saving, hug better.

The point is, it is not a standard Recaro product, it is an actual Honda product produced at Recaro factory. Perhaps was used as marketing.

The restriction in my opinion is you cannot recline. It is already at a very comfortable angle.

Any one who happens to be in LA area and want to try the seat, hit me up!!!

I thought the whole point was weight savings as they're half the weight of the OEMs right?

well... plus you can can get a harness through it the right way.

Dave I think you should buy this so I can properly evaluate it. I doubt it will solve my headroom problem but if it could that would be so sweet. :)

Attention to someone in Downforce! Can you guys whip up some CK door switch covers to match the seat backs? Be nice to be able to tie the seat backs into the rest of the interior.

Attention to someone in Downforce! Can you guys whip up some CK door switch covers to match the seat backs? Be nice to be able to tie the seat backs into the rest of the interior.

It ties in beautifully with the yellow cars.... :biggrin:

nsx-r_seats_019_800.jpg

hi guys --

This should be an awesome offering - we're all very excited about it. The NSX-R seats are a whole level of comfort above anything I've sat in before.

Regarding head room, the factory mounted the seats fairly high due to the power seat rails. With our manual rails, you can mount them considerably lower. These manual rails are very easy - you simply pull up on a lever to move back and forth. It makes adjusting much quicker and the weight is much less. That would definitely be the ideal setup for anyone over 6' tall or anyone planning on using a helmet in the car.

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produ...oducts/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/sliding_seat_rails/

We'll be test fitting everything in a car soon and I'll post feedback as soon as we have it.

Cheers,
-- Chris

Chris, will these work with the seats being offered in this thread? Have you done any testing yet to check for any gain in head room?

Chris, will these work with the seats being offered in this thread? Have you done any testing yet to check for any gain in head room?

Hey even more weight savings:eek:

Be nice if you could set that up as the base package ......but uh be nice if we could still have heated seats even w/o the power rails:biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back