Detailing Day in New York- Any Interest?

Re: Thanks for the Miled treatment!!!!!!

RSO 34 said:
Before I get a chance to upload some photos, I just want to publicly thank (and praise) several NSXers for their efforts in turning my road weary NSX into a shining example of what an NSX can, and should, look like.

Although we expected that we would all get a chance to wash and detail our cars, it turned out that it was not going to occur but that did not stop Miled from stepping up to volunteer that he would personally give my NSX the Miled Treatment. He was then joined by Roger, Keith and Tony to help restore some of the luster that had long been a memory after 80,000 miles and 30 track days.

I cannot thank them enough for going above and beyond simple friendship and spending an incredible amount of effort and personal time on a Sunday to detail my car for almost 4 hours while they neglected their own cars. The end result will be seen in photos to be posted but I needed to absolve myself of some guilt caused by being the recipient of their incredible "gift" to me and leaving me speechless except to say that they are examples of what makes our NSX community so great.

I think they took Matts advice ........QUOTE: BURN AND LEARN :D :D :D

Bob
:cool: :cool: The car looks amazing :D :D
I only hope that you guys can publish some of the secrets to producing that glass like finish. I am sorry to have missed the fun due to work but as I have already learned from many of the family that we take care of our own either by pitching in or keeping everyone informed. Thanks for the pictures.

Now you just have to figure out a way to keep it looking that good so we can see it in it's glory at NSXPO.

Enjoy your renewed ride :)

I too want to thank Bob for "Slupper" and the opportunity to turn the sand blasted "track rat" into a "gleaming Miled beauty", it was a lot of work, but we all had a great time. I hope that Bob's cell phone is recharged as I tried to call him a number of times on the way home (he was following me, but the battery was discharged, or he intentionally was ignoring me :rolleyes: ), but I've got to say, the difference between the ride out to the event and the ride back was like night and day. The sun gleaming off your car was blinding. I think that my "pale" in comparison yellow didn't get half the looks from people hanging out of their car windows as the newly refurbished track rat did. We all had a good time, even though what we thought would transpire didn't, we made it work. Thanks for a fun Sunday, looking forward to WG-R :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Bob, it was our pleasure and a lot of fun. Did anyone else notice the glazed look in Miled's eyes as he was walking around the shop, seeing all those cleaning supplies and cars? He was like a kid in a candy shop. "...so many cars to clean, so little time....." :D

And when Miled "snapped on" his newly found rubber gloves, and went right to the tailpipe, nobody said a word, when he went for the antena mast, I couldn't hold back any longer as he carefully stroked it, and commented how he could make it go up bigger!!!! And who said that owning a NSX is an emotional experience, not a sexual one?????? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Take a good long look Bob because that car will never be that clean again! :p Were there any new detailing secrets or products we should know about?

Bob will now get faster lap times as he probably lost ten pounds of dirt, and his drag coefficient has been improved! Plus, in a pinch, he'll just blind the other drivers in order to sneak by.
No real secrets, just the process:
Correct prep with proper wash, and clay if necessary.
Bob and Miled did a two-step compound/polish with the random orbitals.
Cleaned the surface with instant detailer and then we waxed. We used Detailing Dynamics' products, which seemed quite nice, but the process is more important than manufacturer.

docjohn said:
Take a good long look Bob because that car will never be that clean again! :p Were there any new detailing secrets or products we should know about?

Doc, you are correct, Bob's car will never again be that clean, as far as secrects go, Peter learned the secret, I know the secret, and well you, you're getting it, I think your car became faster the day you added yellow!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Thanks to all who attended the Detailing Day in NY at our shop. I've seen the pictures and it looked like a lot of fun and a good learning experience was had by all.

Matt will also be presenting on the topic of 3M Paint Protection Film for the NSX on Oct. 9th at the NSXPO so feel free to join us. We will also be giving away a few goodies as a sponsor to NSXPO2004. We will give out to some lucky winners, a Professional Wash Kit, a DyNA Paint Reconditioning Kit, some DyNA Ultimate Cleaners which was used on Bob's black NSX and a few gift certificates for our products.

Feel free also to sign up for our newsletter for montly detailing tips and Specials of the Month on our products.
http://www.detailingdynamics.com/newsletter.html

You can also click on the archive for the past newsletters and our current Special of the Month.

Thanks again for those attending and feedback is welcomed to make the next event better and if we missed anything during this event.

Glad to have met some of you, sorry didn't get a chance to meet everyone. The detailing session took a bit longer than expect and we had a drive schedule w/ the f-cars already.....

Miléd, your are is just AMAZING!!!! I couldn't believe how it looks for the miles you have, and those wheels certainly makes you speical :)

roger, i got a picture of a big ass bee hovering like 6" above ur car, i'll got to see if it came out and post it later.

see you all soon at nsxpo :)

Bob, the car looks great. Still shocked to see you actually cleaning a car. To the rest that helped turn Bob's car back to something worthy of a person running for office (don't 4get to vote for RSO!), my compliments to your generosity. Just more proof that we have one of the best car clubs in the country if not world.

:D

Mike, just an FYI, I think that our expectations were a little different from the reality. We had expected to get the NSX's into the shop, get tips on how to work on our individual cars to bring out their natural beauty to the utmost, use your products, and of course, if pleased with the results, to buy them. We were surprised with the overall size of the turnout, F-cars (which left for a run, taking along one riced out NSX with a badass wing on the back) lots of G35's and a few other cars as well. Matt gave a lengthly lecture that was informative and then instead of all of us getting to work on our individual rides, because of the leadership of Miled (who refused to let Bob get away dirty) we put our collective labor to work for the good of the dirtiest car among us. When we asked Matt how much certain of the products were, he wasn't prepared, when we asked him if there would be discounts at NSXPO, he wasn't sure, but he didn't have much product available due to shipping problems, so I suggested that we'd wait until NSXPO, and let him sell what product he had to the other people who were still there. Overall, I think that we all learned somethings, but thought that we'd have enjoyed it more if we had been able to all leave cleaner than when we arrived. Matt and crew did a good job, and were certainly hospitable. Thanks for your input, we look forward to meeting you in a few days, have a safe trip, regards, Roger :D :D :D :D :D :D

Thanks for the feedback Roger,

The event was different than originally planned. The detailing days in Northern CA. were like you expected as we rolled cars into the shop after a wash and everyone worked on their cars with the products and had hands on show-n-tell after the short presentation/introduction.

I'm the product guy and responsible for the online store and will be at NSXPO2004 so hopefully I can help you there.

Also, I will talk to Matt as other clubs also requested a special day just for their cars and a more hands on detailing day so they do leave with experience with their cars and the solutions for their detailing problems. We are refining our events to try to cater to everyone so hopefully future events will meet expectations.

THonda said:
Glad to have met some of you, sorry didn't get a chance to meet everyone. The detailing session took a bit longer than expect and we had a drive schedule w/ the f-cars already.....

Miléd, your are is just AMAZING!!!! I couldn't believe how it looks for the miles you have, and those wheels certainly makes you speical :)

roger, i got a picture of a big ass bee hovering like 6" above ur car, i'll got to see if it came out and post it later.

see you all soon at nsxpo :)

I didn't know that DocJohn made it to NY, can't wait to see the picture!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Ahem,,I have a little ass thank-you.Now back to spiderman!

510.gif

NSXLNT said:
Did anyone else notice the glazed look in Miled's eyes as he was walking around the shop, seeing all those cleaning supplies and cars? He was like a kid in a candy shop. "...so many cars to clean, so little time....." :D
Glazed look? Who, me? You know I just can’t stand detailing products!
350.gif
Darn
329.gif
, and I was hoping no one had noticed!
325.gif
348.gif
I thought I hid it well with my big shades.
16.gif

RPM217 said:
And when Miled "snapped on" his newly found rubber gloves, and went right to the tailpipe, nobody said a word, when he went for the antena mast, I couldn't hold back any longer as he carefully st nroked it, and commented how he could make it go up bigger!!!! And who said that owning a NSX is an emotional experience, not a sexual one?????? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
299.gif
318.gif
434.gif

docjohn said:
It’s all in the stroke!
441.gif

NSXLNT said:
No real secrets, just the process:
Correct prep with proper wash, and clay if necessary.
Bob and Miled did a two-step compound/polish with the random orbitals.
Cleaned the surface with instant detailer and then we waxed. We used Detailing Dynamics' products, which seemed quite nice, but the process is more important than manufacturer.
While there are many great detailing products available on the market (including the ones listed from Detailing Dynamics), I agree with Keith that the process is much more important. Here is what was used on Bob’s car:

THonda said:

78.gif
very much Tetsuo! I know, I know…I’m sick and I need help!
71.gif

white93nsx said:
Thanks for the feedback Roger,

The event was different than originally planned. The detailing days in Northern CA. were like you expected as we rolled cars into the shop after a wash and everyone worked on their cars with the products and had hands on show-n-tell after the short presentation/introduction.
Hi Mike,

I agree with Roger but do want to thank you, Matt, and the rest of the crew at Detailing Dynamics in Mineola for opening up the shop for us at our disposal, and allowing us to stay the entire day. I look forward to meeting you at NSXPO.

Ciao… Miléd

djjoonie said:
BTW i just got a bad reputation point because i post the reminder of this forum. it sucks..
Hi djjoonie,

It was nice meeting you yesterday. I'm not clear on what actually happened here. Can you explain again why you got a bad reputation point?

Hey Miled,

Look forward to meeting you and the NE crew up at NSXPO. Matt said you ride was in great shape for the miles and Matt is a hard guy to please. Matt said you guys were great and he enjoyed the event as he started losing his voice.

Also passing this on from Peter S. from the G35 club with some great pics of your cars at the event:

http://exit3.net/g35pics/view_album.php?set_albumName=album02

"Hi Mike, or shall I call you white93nsx, just kidding,

Can you do me a favor. I saw that Keith had mentioned our group on the NSX forum. Keith and the rest of the guys were very cool and we enjoyed bs'ing with them.

Can you do me a favor and post a link to our pics on the NSX forum and tell those guys that the G guys wanted to share our pics w/ them. Considering the NSXs are all over our pics I think they'll enjoy them. I tried to post but the site gave me a hard time registering.

Thanks,

-Pete

P.S. Many more pics are up now. Some short video might be coming soon."

Last edited:
Nice pics, it looks like you guys had a great time.

I wish I could have made it. I would love to have seen the transformation of Bob's car.

Very nice Bob, now do that once a week! ;)

See you all next week.

Rich

TonyD said:
I don't know what Miléd was thinking when he parked his car in the shop, it didn't need any detailing
biggrin.gif
Well, someone did manage to get half of a finger print on my window, so the entire car had to be decontaminated all over again!
310.gif

white93nsx said:
Hey Miled,

Look forward to meeting you and the NE crew up at NSXPO. Matt said you ride was in great shape for the miles and Matt is a hard guy to please. Matt said you guys were great and he enjoyed the event as he started losing his voice.
Hi Mike,

Thanks very much for the compliments. FYI... Matt explained to me just how picky he is and I did pass a subtle hint that I would fit right in with his crew in Mineola.
347.gif

I do have a statement and question:
  • Matt informed me that their cars are washed outside. While the soap product we used (Paintwork Shampoo) had a special softener (he said was safe to wash in the sun and wouldn't cause water spots as long as the soap remained on the car - once soap was rinsed off to immediately dry car to avoid water spots), I strongly feel that cars should only be washed outside if they're in a shade, and the body is cool to the touch.
  • Since the cars are washed outside, how do the guys wash them during the winter months?
    32.gif

Ciao... Miléd

p.s. The G35 Coupe guys were real cool to hang with and my hats off to the nice people I met from their club and their great cars.
100.gif

Last edited:
Back