Detailing Day in New York- Any Interest?

Acura NsX Pilot said:
Im in as well .... anyone interesed in a late dinner...maybe Brazilian BBQ or Flushing chinatown.

Bailey, always with the food!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hi All,

I want to pose two questions for the club regarding this detailing day:

1) The proposed date is a Sunday, September 26, 2004. I want to get a poll as to how many can make it on a Sunday since it is a family day for most?

We do open Sundays for business so we will be shutting down our shop for the whole day for this event.

2) A few NSXCA members and also other customers learned about the event and are requesting if they can attend also with other car club members. Do any of you have any issues with other car club members attending? We will of course specialize our discussions and instructions on the NSX.

Please let me know your thoughts so we can make arrangements for this event. Thanks.

Acura NsX Pilot said:
Im in as well .... anyone interesed in a late dinner...maybe Brazilian BBQ or Flushing chinatown.
Hey Bailey, since I speak Portuguese, and know what Brasilian <--(the correct way to spell it):p BBQs are like, count me in! For those who have never experienced this, it consists of servers (people, not machines) walking around the place with different meats, chicken, sausage, etc. on hot skewers who come up to you and ask if you'd like some; if so, they will serve you - if not, they move on and the next person comes by, and this will go on until you can't take it anymore. Not to mention their so-called salad bar.
271.gif
Brasilians luv to see people eat! You have a green/red card that you flip to let them know whether to serve you or not. The best Brasilian place I have ever eaten in the USA was in Addison, TX (Fogo De Chão = Fire from the ground - is the way southern Brasilians called Gaứcho who invented this hundreds of years ago used to cook). Local NSXers there made it a point to eat at Fogo every time they had a gathering. An after-dinner cafézinho is nice...Valeu!
274.gif

white93nsx said:
Hi All,

1) The proposed date is a Sunday, September 26, 2004. I want to get a poll as to how many can make it on a Sunday since it is a family day for most?

We do open Sundays for business so we will be shutting down our shop for the whole day for this event.

2) A few NSXCA members and also other customers learned about the event and are requesting if they can attend also with other car club members. Do any of you have any issues with other car club members attending? We will of course specialize our discussions and instructions on the NSX.

Please let me know your thoughts so we can make arrangements for this event. Thanks.

That date looks like it works for me.

As for the second question, since I was one of the persons inquiring about a non-NSX member obviously I have no problem as long as the entire day does not get out of hand because of the number of participants. I asked only because my buddy picked up a Carrera not too long ago and is clueless about detailing and he just called me the other day to ask for some recommendations. I have not told him about the event and figured I would mention it only if all NSX owners who are interested may be accommodated by this event first and then I would like to think he could fit in and pick up a few tips.

white93nsx said:
Hi All,

Hi Mike,

• Answer to question #1: Please count Tony D. & I in for Sunday, 9/26. If you had to, could you do it on Saturday, 9/25? I ask because there may be NSXers who are interested but have a long distance to drive, and Saturday would be much better than Sunday.
  • Answer to question #2: I don't know how other clubs would feel, but we NSXers are very accepting and welcome other non-NSX owners. I for one, would have no problem with, and welcome Bob's friend with the Carrera to the event.

Last edited:
Sunday is good for me, unfortunately, Saturday doesn't work for me, as for Bob's friend, well, as long as he doesn't represent my wife in any impending action, I wouldn't have an objection!! :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

white93nsx said:
Hello All,

Sunday is the day so far since it was easier to de-book some appointments for Sunday than it was for Saturday. Sorry.

I hope that all can attend to hear and see hands on the instruction from my partner Matt Zakarian.
Hi Mike,

Tony D. and I are still in for Sunday, 9/26. Will you be posting directions and the time we have to be there?

Ciao... Miléd

Detailing Day in New York- Time, Date, Directions

Hi All,

Here are the details of the Detailing Day in New York:

Date: Sunday, September 26, 2004
Time: 9:00A.M. till ...
Address: 66 Windsor Ave., Mineola, NY 11501
Phone: 516-747-4114

Here are the directions with address and telephone number.
http://www.detailingdynamics.com/directions.html

To learn more, also see the Tips section:
http://www.detailingdynamics.com/tip.html

We will try to get as many cars into the shop as we can but depending on how many show, we will still try to address all trouble spots on your car. There will be an introductory presentation and Q&A session. Bring your orbital polishers as Matt and company will show you hands on techniques on your cars after the presentation.

confirming, I will be there. Bailey, I'll do lunch locally, but for dinner, you're on your own!!!!!! Let's hope for a nice day, it'd be a shame to get the cars all cleaned up and then have to drive them home in nasty weather!!!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

RPM217 said:
confirming, I will be there. Bailey, I'll do lunch locally, but for dinner, you're on your own!!!!!! Let's hope for a nice day, it'd be a shame to get the cars all cleaned up and then have to drive them home in nasty weather!!!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Im torn between going to another event and this one so its up in the air for me also.

Acura NsX Pilot said:
Im torn between going to another event and this one so its up in the air for me also.
Why? Does the other event offer more food? I thought you were interested in the Brasilian BBQ.:D

I need to finish a lot of things at work before the NSXPO.

Have a lot of fun!

Acura NsX Pilot said:
We can always use this as an excuse for another nsx meet :D :D :D
I'm definitely in for this one on 9/26 in Mineola. What's the other event?

Re: Detailing Day in New York- Time, Date, Directions

white93nsx said:
Hi All,

Here are the details of the Detailing Day in New York:

Date: Sunday, September 26, 2004
Time: 9:00A.M. till ...
Address: 66 Windsor Ave., Mineola, NY 11501
Phone: 516-747-4114

Here are the directions with address and telephone number.
http://www.detailingdynamics.com/directions.html

To learn more, also see the Tips section:
http://www.detailingdynamics.com/tip.html

We will try to get as many cars into the shop as we can but depending on how many show, we will still try to address all trouble spots on your car. There will be an introductory presentation and Q&A session. Bring your orbital polishers as Matt and company will show you hands on techniques on your cars after the presentation.

Bump!! Here's the long range forecast for Sunday, just thought that I'd bring this up before Sunday!!!!

Day Night

Partly Cloudy High
71°F

Precip
20%

Wind: NNE 12 mph
Max. Humidity: 78%
UV Index: 6 High

Sunrise: 6:46 AM ET
Avg. High: 70°F
Record High: 90°F (1970)

Mostly Clear Overnight Low
57°F

Precip
10%

Wind: N 7 mph
Max. Humidity: 80%

Sunset: 6:44 PM ET
Avg. Low: 54°F
Record Low: 42°F (1965)

Last Updated Tuesday, Sep 21, 10:16 AM Eastern Daylight Time

Some clarification on this event since I've had some email responses with questions and concerns.

Initially, the events was going to be an NSX only event. Some members on the thread asked if they could bring other car members with them so I posted a questions to the thread if they were open to others coming and the overwhelming response was to allow others to attend.

Also, after I posted the date of the event for Sunday, September 26, 2004, many of the NSX members were not able to attend due to it being on Sunday or the date. Our shop is open 7 days a week and since we were shutting down our shop for this event, we opened it up to the Acura TL club members last week. I hope you can understand that.

We do have a NSX coming in this Friday for the 3M Paint Protection Film installation which will be on display for the Sunday event but the day was devoted to detailing and not applying the 3M film. The 3M Film is what we will discuss in detail at the NSXPO but Matt will discuss and show the NSX with film on Sunday. We will focus the event on the NSX but other car members will be present.

I hope that is ok and that you enjoy the event and information that you will receive. :)

white93nsx said:
Some clarification on this event since I've had some email responses with questions and concerns.

Initially, the events was going to be an NSX only event. Some members on the thread asked if they could bring other car members with them so I posted a questions to the thread if they were open to others coming and the overwhelming response was to allow others to attend.

Also, after I posted the date of the event for Sunday, September 26, 2004, many of the NSX members were not able to attend due to it being on Sunday or the date. Our shop is open 7 days a week and since we were shutting down our shop for this event, we opened it up to the Acura TL club members last week. I hope you can understand that.

We do have a NSX coming in this Friday for the 3M Paint Protection Film installation which will be on display for the Sunday event but the day was devoted to detailing and not applying the 3M film. The 3M Film is what we will discuss in detail at the NSXPO but Matt will discuss and show the NSX with film on Sunday. We will focus the event on the NSX but other car members will be present.

I hope that is ok and that you enjoy the event and information that you will receive. :)

Who's attending from our forum, with and without friends?

Back