Detailing Day in New York- Any Interest?

Hi All,

We had a great event in Northern CA. and would like to get some responses to see if there is any interest in a similar event in our shop in Mineola, NY. We should be able to fit about 10-12 NSX's in the shop.
Our Shop

See pictures from the Northern CA. event:
Detailing Day Sacramento CA

Proposed Agenda:
1. Optional for Hands on detailing- owners line up and wash their cars and pull into the shop
2. 1/2 to 1 hour seminar and FAQ on detailing by Matt Zakarian- owner and Porsche Club of America Concours Technical Advisor for Interior and Exteriors, Porsche Parade Concours National Judge, etc...
3. Show and tell with hands on applications on your NSX's with sample detailing products and troubleshooting on your cars.

Please respond so we can get a count. We plan on holding one in mid-late September so you can have some fresh looking NSX's for NSXPO2004.

Depending upon the date, I would like to challenge you to see what can happen with a black NSX that shows the effects of 30 days on the track.

I may be able to make it let us know when the day is decided.BTW I have seen Mat in action with the LI porsche crowd and he is fastideus.

docjohn said:
I may be able to make it let us know when the day is decided.BTW I have seen Mat in action with the LI porsche crowd and he is fastideus.

Ask him if he can get that yellow paint off of your car.

It would be great if we could have a detailing crew at the hotel, like NSXPO 2002. That was awesome. Having to drive to another city during our vacation/event is not desirable to me, even if it is close.

Not sure what took place at with the detailing crew (was it a mobile detailer at the event?) but we will be at NSXPO2004 as a sponsor and also will hold a seminar on the 3M Paint Protection Film for the NSX. We will be there to answer any questions and also give pointers on detailing.

If there are other services requested, we would review. You may want to make suggestions to the NSXPO Planning Committee also.

At NSXPO 2002, a detailer from Goodson Acura came out with her assistant and had their supplies with them. They did basic wash/clean-up jobs as well as waxing. They were also at the track to clean cars after the track event. It was great!

Last edited:
Folks, I don't wish to bud-in on your Northeast forums, but those of us who saw first hand what Mike Lee did with his products in a quick demo session, we were quite impressed. Even the shop owner was so impressed that he is interested in the product line as well.

More importantly, we have a few who have not washed their cars since the detailing day ..... :D

If your schedule allows it, take up Mike's offer; the samples alone are woth it ;)

Im in as well. I was wondering if it was possible to get my ride cleaned up once we get to nsxpo?

Hi All,

Detailing Dynamics will not be able to do any detailing or wash and waxes at the NSXPO since our time is limited up there and will not be attending from start to finish so we will only be doing the seminar and be around all day October 9th for the vendor displays. Sorry but maybe other arrangements can be made.

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
Im in as well. I was wondering if it was possible to get my ride cleaned up once we get to nsxpo?

We have always arranged for an area at the host hotels to be set aside for washing the cars. When in doubt, follow Miled. ;)

Although it was a nice option to have others wash your car in Tx,so far there has been a wash station available at every hotel so far,and it is quite popular,esp with Miled and Larry G!

RSO 34 said:
Ask him if he can get that yellow paint off of your car.

Funny, very funny, what's wrong with yellow paint??????? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :D :D

RSO 34 said:
We have always arranged for an area at the host hotels to be set aside for washing the cars. When in doubt, follow Miled. ;)
Hey Bob... while you guys have been going back and forth to the Glen and finalizing NSXPO, I have been carefully studying water samples of Schuyler and Steuben counties in my lab.
290.gif
My recommendation: Have a least 2 coats of wax on before you wash your car up there!
120.gif
Not to mention the temps will be in the 60s (daytime) and low 40s (night). However, this is nothing compared to the 28-degree nighttime temps during NSXPO 2001 in Wisconsin. I had to use a scraper to get the wax off. BRRRRRR...

docjon said:
Although it was a nice option to have others wash your car in Tx,so far there has been a wash station available at every hotel so far,and it is quite popular,esp with Miled and Larry G!
And this year will be no different!
290.gif

Last edited:
Re: Detailing Day in New York- Any interest?

white93nsx said:
Hi All,

We had a great event in Northern CA. and would like to get some responses to see if there is any interest in a similar event in our shop in Mineola, NY. We should be able to fit about 10-12 NSX's in the shop.
Our Shop

Proposed Agenda:
1. Optional for Hands on detailing- owners line up and wash their cars and pull into the shop
2. 1/2 to 1 hour seminar and FAQ on detailing by Matt Zakarian- owner and Porsche Club of America Concours Technical Advisor for Interior and Exteriors, Porsche Parade Concours National Judge, etc...
3. Show and tell with hands on applications on your NSX's with sample detailing products and troubleshooting on your cars.

Please respond so we can get a count. We plan on holding one in mid-late September so you can have some fresh looking NSX's for NSXPO2004.
Hi Mike,

Let us know the date in September you plan on having this event, and please count me in as I'm interested in participating.

Ciao... Miléd

white93nsx said:
Sounds good Miled.

We will have a date posted today. It will be held on a Saturday TBA in September.

Obviously it depends on the date, but put me down too!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I shall continue to ignore my jealous playmates! ;)

white93nsx said:
Sounds good Miled.

We will have a date posted today. It will be held on a Saturday TBA in September.
Please add Tony D. to the list of attendees as well. Thanks Mike...

Back