• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Carbon 6: Super GT Mirror

It has been mentioned many times by other buyers (in which I agree 100%) that the reason were willing to buy is the fact that theyre limited in production to this run here. Some of us are willing to drop big money on things because they are rare.

+1

B@t™

i purchased these mirrors for one reason- they are the best aftermarket mirrors available. We have to keep in mind that jeff is literally making these by hand. We are getting these at a great price considering the time and r&d he spends on each set. This alone justifies the price.

There is no reason to ask everyone on the list for an ok considering they have not paid for the product yet. But, they should have the option to remove their name from the list if they don't like the idea of more sets going into production.

But just keep in mind, someone else will scoop up your slot!

I am 100% ok for more of these to hit the market. Let more people have the opportunity to enjoy these!

+1.

Interesting debate. It's clear that I would like a set of Jeff's creation and any other parts he would make.

Jeff- Its a credit to you that the mirrors you created are perceived as masterpieces ala Rembrandt or Davinci.

Ultimately I believe it comes down to the artist who is creating this. It's clear he isnt doing this for vast amounts of profit but more to offer the community a product that has been long yearned by owners but yet been filled. With the price set, I doubt 50 sets will be sold (could be wrong:biggrin:) . It will always be a collectible. Look at superchargers even early models still command a good resale price despite a few hundred produced.

If I had bought one knowing there was only 12 and Jeff decided to produce more would I be upset... yes but I can't stop him and I think he as the artist has the final say.

So who is pulling out ? :tongue:

I purchased these mirrors for one reason- they are the best aftermarket mirrors available. We have to keep in mind that Jeff is literally making these by hand. We are getting these at a great price considering the time and R&D he spends on each set. This alone justifies the price.

There is no reason to ask everyone on the list for an OK considering they have not paid for the product yet. But, they should have the option to remove their name from the list if they don't like the idea of more sets going into production.

I am 100% ok for more of these to hit the market. Let more people have the opportunity to enjoy these!

agree, synth is a great prime member willing to share with the community. sharing is caring, why not let everyone have a chance of getting one if vroom is willing to supply the community with it. its not like this is a civic part were we can put it on other civics like the coupe and four door. im pretty sure even if vroom sells 50 sets of mirrors and you went to a car meet or show you would probably maybe see only one or two nsx with the mirrors or maybe even none. there arent to many nsx in the US and probably even less around your local area for this to be mass product. thats why some items like the mode 4 bumper and the navi pod bracket stop being made because they arent selling which sucks for most of us new nsx owners.

Last edited:
Same price... couple more units . I'm ok with that. Benefit Jeff and rest of NSX owners.
Well even if it's about couple more. It is still not mass produced and limited. Just my opinion. I'm keeping my number regardless :tongue:

I am very surprised and somewhat unprepared for the sheer volume of people that have expressed interest in these. I think the best thing to do is to proceed with all the reservations as listed. Once all the original pieces are made, shipped and paid for, we can all go back to the table to discuss the validity of additional units.

I look at NSX Prime as a co-op. We post information and support each other for the benefit of the NSX community. I want to support my follow NSX owners in any way I can. I also need to be honest and true to my word.

Jeff

i purchased these mirrors for one reason- they are the best aftermarket mirrors available. We have to keep in mind that jeff is literally making these by hand. We are getting these at a great price considering the time and r&d he spends on each set. This alone justifies the price.

There is no reason to ask everyone on the list for an ok considering they have not paid for the product yet. But, they should have the option to remove their name from the list if they don't like the idea of more sets going into production.

...+1

I wanted to post some additional information.

There is a variant to how the mirrors adjust. Because of the way the oem mirrors work, they incorporate both floating ground for in-out and a floating positive for up-down. The new actuators use a floating ground exclusively (partly due to the small size and the system from the Honda City used in Japan where they are sourced). This causes one of the adjustment orientations on the factory switch to be opposite. For example, on the passenger side, the up-down movement works correct but the in-out will work backwards. Out is in and in is out. I apologize for not bringing this up before. It was brought to my attention and I wanted to make sure that information is known to prevent any confusion.

Jeff

lol i noticed that also ^^^^

875c54c28f1a11e1b9f1123138140926_7.jpg

5328e2ae8f2b11e18cf91231380fd29b_7.jpg

sorry just iphone pics. i kinda found it hard to see , maybe bc im a short person. ima get some blind spot thingies:tongue:

Last edited:
Those mirrors look amazing. Hopefully he will continue to produce them. Can't shell out 2k right now but maybe next year

same price... Couple more units . I'm ok with that. Benefit jeff and rest of nsx owners.
Well even if it's about couple more. It is still not mass produced and limited. Just my opinion. I'm keeping my number regardless :tongue:

+1.

I had a week out of the shop at Easter. The parts for the next batch are out of the molds. I will start bonding those early this week. Those should be ready in ~2 weeks.

Maybe it's the picture resolution or my crappy monitor but these mirrors don't really pop on a black car...

On any other color it really shows right away - guess I need to see the black ones in person maybe.

Keep the pics coming! :)

Maybe it's the picture resolution or my crappy monitor but these mirrors don't really pop on a black car...

On any other color it really shows right away - guess I need to see the black ones in person maybe.

Keep the pics coming! :)

Of course dark CF isn't going to POP on a black car. :tongue: But you do notice the mirrors right away if you look for them, or point out these vs the OEM elephant ear shape. I think most people who don't have an nsx, don't really know that I upgraded my mirrors.

I wanted to post a production update. I spent a few days working with the actuator assembly. The range of adjustment is based on the fulcrum length that I originally designed. I machined some new fulcrum ball sockets in various lengths to test. The range of adjustment is ~20%. Although if you are very tall or shorter in stature, I was finding that the percent of adjustment may not be enough for your viewing angle. I guess the best way to proceed is to get the buyers overall height so I can assemble them with the correct "range". I think 2 variants should work well. 5'6" and over or 5'5" and under.

Getting back to work on units 5 and 6 now... :smile:

I wanted to post a production update. I spent a few days working with the actuator assembly. The range of adjustment is based on the fulcrum length that I originally designed. I machined some new fulcrum ball sockets in various lengths to test. The range of adjustment is ~20%. Although if you are very tall or shorter in stature, I was finding that the percent of adjustment may not be enough for your viewing angle. I guess the best way to proceed is to get the buyers overall height so I can assemble them with the correct "range". I think 2 variants should work well. 5'6" and over or 5'5" and under.

I'll take 5'6"......wait , I forgot.........I'm not on the list
:mad:

Now thats dedication right dar!

B@t

Back