California

Yeah I figured it was millions.. just wondering if it was $3-4M or more like $10M (not that I can afford either).

From what I've seen, for about $1M I can get a craptastic little 1800sq/ft home built in the early 70's in that area. I'd love to live there -- I just can't figure out how to afford it without giving up current lifestyle in a huge way, or living an hour away.

Yeah I figured it was millions.. just wondering if it was $3-4M or more like $10M (not that I can afford either).

From what I've seen, for about $1M I can get a craptastic little 1800sq/ft home built in the early 70's in that area. I'd love to live there -- I just can't figure out how to afford it without giving up current lifestyle in a huge way, or living an hour away.

they usually average $4 a piece.

I don't think anyone lived in Florida prior to 1950 so you do the math. :)
Katrina was little more than a fart when she blew through here. As far as New Orleans goes, that would be a toss up between California for me. Only the French would be stupid enough to build a city below sea level so close to the damn sea! It's right up there with building skyscrapers along the San Andreas Fault. :biggrin:

Thought you might like to know who's #2 on this list. Cali is nowhere to be found on this list.:wink:

http://money.msn.com/insurance/10-states-at-most-risk-of-disaster

Thought you might like to know who's #2 on this list. Cali is nowhere to be found on this list.:wink:

http://money.msn.com/insurance/10-states-at-most-risk-of-disaster

Oh, NATURAL disasters. I'm guessing it's no secret we are right up there regarding impending FINANCIAL disasters. Mammoth Lakes, Stockton, Compton, San Bernardino, now there's talk of L.A. following suit. The dominoes begin to fall. I give the state 7-10 years before the "oh sh*t" button gets pressed.

according to this thread he lives in his parents home.
Hey, I dug a basement in my parent's place and parked my NSX there. It is well humidified in a cool sunless environment, just like my cigars!

Just felt an aftershock. That's it, I'm moving to Florida where I will ONLY have to deal with hurricanes every year.:tongue:

Slept through the one last night but felt the one this morning. WooHoo, popped my earthquake cherry; first time I ever experienced one before. It was weird.

Slept through the one last night but felt the one this morning. WooHoo, popped my earthquake cherry; first time I ever experienced one before. It was weird.

Better get used to it or you'll be wanting to move back to Vegas.:tongue:

Now if we can just pop your SoCal meet/drive cherry.:wink:

Better get used to it or you'll be wanting to move back to Vegas.:tongue:

Now if we can just pop your SoCal meet/drive cherry.:wink:

You like to pop a lot of cherries. Hey, you can pop Brian's meet cherry and he can pop that heavy waste of space thing on your engine.... What's that thing called, ......big black 50 hp part......anyways Brian can get you into a turbo and you can check that cherry off your list.

Dang it, I missed them. I'm in Colorado for the next week.

I know, I hate mising them too. Nothing is more fun than rocking and rolling during one.:biggrin:

After seeing this mornings news report that now after that devesting hurricane a Noreaster is heading in I couldn't help but remember this thread telling us all how terrible California is.

Well I'm gonna go out for a drive now. Supposed to be in the mid 70s and sunny in my city......great weather for a drive. :biggrin:

Maybe I'll take some pics of this horrible state while I'm out cruising...........

I'm gonna take a look at these, depending on what their parking situation is. The site plan doesn't show any so it must all be underground.

http://www.maderaapts.com

Do you work in Mountain View? My son was up there yesterday looking at two condos for sale. He's bound and determined to buy one while prices are relatively low so when he works at Google he'll have a place. Right now he's at UCSB finishing up his PhD in Computer Science but he's interned at Google and they want him.

Has another awesome drive in So Cal today. I suppose I should post a photo to prove it. Bumped my odo over 27,000 miles on the way home.

Do you work in Mountain View? My son was up there yesterday looking at two condos for sale. He's bound and determined to buy one while prices are relatively low so when he works at Google he'll have a place. Right now he's at UCSB finishing up his PhD in Computer Science but he's interned at Google and they want him.

"Relatively" being the key word. Real estate pricing anywhere on the Penninsula is out of control, but the alternative is commuting from the east bay or wayyyy far south (Morgan Hill kind of area).

Lucky him if he can afford to buy before he's even started working... I'll be renting for a few more years at least.

Back