California

"Relatively" being the key word. Real estate pricing anywhere on the Penninsula is out of control, but the alternative is commuting from the east bay or wayyyy far south (Morgan Hill kind of area).

Lucky him if he can afford to buy before he's even started working... I'll be renting for a few more years at least.

^I think his plan is to buy 3 bedrooms and rent one or two out. While he interned this summer he rented a 3-bedroom apartment and sub-rented out the other two bedrooms to other Google interns. I guess that's pretty common.

Has another awesome drive in So Cal today. I suppose I should post a photo to prove it. Bumped my odo over 27,000 miles on the way home.

We had about 26 NSXs. Here are two photos hot off my CF card.

IMG_0128121104NSX_MntPalomarDr.jpg

IMG_0147121104NSX_MntPalomarDr.jpg

Here are some more pics of how bad it is here in Cali.:eek:

Palomardrive11-4-12pics008.jpg

Palomardrive11-4-12pics012.jpg

Palomardrive11-4-12pics009.jpg

Palomardrive11-4-12pics001.jpg

Palomardrive11-4-12pics002.jpg

^^^ you only show the good lol. That's like me posting how bad Jamaica is in my tree hut over looking miles of fresh ocean. When to my left is a shack with ten ppls living in it. Zoom out the pic, you will see the police hiding in the bushes with their radar and smog equipment waiting to bust innocent, completely safe and stock, state and federally legal cars like mine cause they are haters :p

^^ +1

Plus, how do you take a picture of super high taxes? :smile:

If taxes here are so bad why do sooooo many people live here. Nobody is forcing people to live here.:wink:

Good luck, cheapest I've paid in Europe was 1.43/ltr and the roads are still jammed here. That's $7.40 a gallon. In other places it was 1.70/ltr or ~$9 a gallon (USD). They'll just drive more efficient/smaller vehicles. The initial shock will clear the roads for a while though.

Yeah, but everyone in Europe uses small cars that give 40+ mpg, that's why they have high congestion, just smaller cars. Gas may be more expensive, but people are not filling up 20, 40, 50 gallon tanks over there.

Yeah, this place sucks!

DSCN2266120223GasMobil_FR.jpg

DSCN2754120531Flags.jpg

DSCN2315120226GPS.jpg

DSCN2325120226Mirror.jpg

+1

I'm usually right (winged).

Actually I'm more of a Libertarian (purple), which is better than the other 2 parties. Fiscally conservative and socially liberal. I really don't care for the bible thumpers of the Reich-Winged. They made me leave the Republican party years ago when they were more concern with puny issues like gay marriage (and I dun like it when gays try to push in their sexuality in my face), necrophilia (thanks to the people & governator signing this bill and wasting our tax payers resources), etc. than focusing on the economy.

The Liberals leave a bad taste in my mouth since they just love to tax the ballers, like myself for just knowing how to ball. Pay welfare so Shaniqua can have her 7th kid? no thanks. Pay for slackers while I make $$$$? no thanks.

+1
I used to lean more towards the Republican side, but nowadays, I'm more of a Libertarian.

that last picture really shows how crowded our state is lol. We pay higher taxes cause you have to pay to play. California is like ........The penthouse suite at the Palms; If you dont want to pay for the added luxury, go else where :P

+1
I used to lean more towards the Republican side, but nowadays, I'm more of a Libertarian.

All the other states are puny in our shadow. Just look at the electorial votes that CA has.

Too bad Mitt has been strong armed by his own party to go with their agendas.

^I think his plan is to buy 3 bedrooms and rent one or two out. While he interned this summer he rented a 3-bedroom apartment and sub-rented out the other two bedrooms to other Google interns. I guess that's pretty common.

Sounds like a plan. I hate living with other people... got my fix in college and don't really need any more so I've gotta find a 1bed/1bath with appropriate parking for my purple precious. It's not gonna be cheap.

Sounds like a plan. I hate living with other people... got my fix in college and don't really need any more so I've gotta find a 1bed/1bath with appropriate parking for my purple precious. It's not gonna be cheap.
^I would hate having roommates as well. He rarely saw his, though. He's putting in an offer today, on a three bedroom in Santa Clara. He won't be done with school until June 2014. I almost hope he doesn't get it. It may not be far mileage-wise from Google but I've been told the traffic will be killer and he HATES traffic. No patience at all.

Last edited:
^I would hate having roommates as well. He rarely saw his, though. He's putting in an offer today, on a three bedroom in Santa Clara. He won't be done with school until June 2014. I almost hope he doesn't get it. It may not be far mileage-wise from Google but I've told the traffic will be killer and he HATES traffic. No patience at all.

Google runs a lot of shuttles for their employees - mainly the ones that live up in San Francisco, but they probably stop at a number of Caltrain stations as well.

He surely knows that, having worked there already.

My employer also has shuttles, including one from the Mountain View Caltrain, which is why those apartments (walking dist. from Caltrain station) are very attractive to me. Commute traffic in the bay area absolutely sucks (worse if you have a car that gets bored easily, like an NSX) so being able to sit on the shuttle and get work done instead of sitting in traffic reading Prius bumper stickers is a huge win.

^I would hate having roommates as well. He rarely saw his, though. He's putting in an offer today, on a three bedroom in Santa Clara. He won't be done with school until June 2014. I almost hope he doesn't get it. It may not be far mileage-wise from Google but I've been told the traffic will be killer and he HATES traffic. No patience at all.

Has your son consider Campbell?

IMHO it's the best bang for the buck.

It's one of the last unincorporated towns, their downtown is really nice, large lots.

My friend bought a 2 bedroom, 1 bath with a 15k square ft lot that is already zoned for 3 homes for $400k a couple of years ago.

People still buy in Campbell if they have boats and RVs to store.

Campbell's cool, but young people want easy access to the city (SF). VTA light rail to Caltrain is not exactly "easy access".

I'm also looking at Millbrae because of the BART access.

I was a young person and didn't desire a need to be near some sorta mass transit so that I can visit SF often to see the S&M parade, the Gay & Lesbian parade, etc.

Different strokes, I guess. I don't want to live in the city anymore but I definitely still want to be able to get into it easily when it's time for a night out with my more adventurous urban friends... Without parking the NSX at Millbrae BART or worse, in some shady garage in the Mission.

IMHO it's the best bang for the buck.

It's one of the last unincorporated towns, their downtown is really nice, large lots.

My friend bought a 2 bedroom, 1 bath with a 15k square ft lot that is already zoned for 3 homes for $400k a couple of years ago.

People still buy in Campbell if they have boats and RVs to store.

No, I don't think he has. I'll mention it to him. Thank you.

It looks like the place he put in the offer on today will go to someone else. They both put in for 7 days escrows, cash and above the asking price but the other offer was even higher.

Back