• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

AP-X NSX turbo system (angus turbo kit)

Re: DIY Turbo kit !

Actually , you just need to trim it, if you check my gallery photos , you can see it .

Install manual coming soon!

I will trim it and reinstall when I'm done. Wastegate and turbo on y pipe ready to install

Attachments

• IMG_0221.jpg
    IMG_0221.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 1,325

You may find it easier to assemble that y-pipe ,wastegate and turbo onto the cradle , then hang the whole thing at once as an assembly.
Also be sure what spring you want in the wastegate , you need to remove it to change it , or at least you will have to remove the "A" brace.

You may find it easier to assemble that y-pipe ,wastegate and turbo onto the cradle , then hang the whole thing at once as an assembly.
Also be sure what spring you want in the wastegate , you need to remove it to change it , or at least you will have to remove the "A" brace.

I'm pretty much just test fit all the parts right now. I want to align turbine and compressor housing first to see where I need bolt the turbo to mounting cradle. I still need to buy intercooler and oil system to complete the kit anyway. Anybody has a aem ems basemap wanna donate?

Last edited:

Wil, I thought this kit fits without modifying the car, meaning trimming factory parts. :confused: Im not a big fan of cutting up parts. Frank

Frank - What parts do you have to cut? Are you sure something isn't just slightly misaligned?

you dont have to cut it, just remove it and use this http://store.summitracing.com/egnsea...5&autoview=sku like CL65 Captain said. All it does is keep the heat from the trunk

Would it be possible to leave the factory heat shield and add the material CL65 Captain linked? I added a similar adhesive backed material to my factory heat shield and my trunk temperatures dropped significantly.

Devin, thats what I was hoping to do. Keep the factory heat sheild in and cover it with the matrial as well. If I would have known I had to modify my car, I probably would have kept what I had already, my ARC and my Gruppe-m. Parts are sold already. Guess Im SOL. Frank

Devin, thats what I was hoping to do. Keep the factory heat sheild in and cover it with the matrial as well. If I would have known I had to modify my car, I probably would have kept what I had already, my ARC and my Gruppe-m. Parts are sold already. Guess Im SOL. Frank

Dude, get over it. You've got a great diy kit for half of what other kits are going for and if you have to slightly modify something small like the heat shield then be it.

Be happy, don't second guess things and have fun with your car.

Stephen

Would it be possible to leave the factory heat shield and add the material CL65 Captain linked? I added a similar adhesive backed material to my factory heat shield and my trunk temperatures dropped significantly.[/QUOTE]

yes just cut about 6'' off the heat shield on the passenger side to clear the bracket.

Dude, get over it. You've got a great diy kit for half of what other kits are going for and if you have to slightly modify something small like the heat shield then be it.

Be happy, don't second guess things and have fun with your car.

Stephen

lol he probably freak out when he find out he has to remove engine cover to fit his Gruppe-m supercharge

Frank,

Just remove the heat shield add some of the adhesive backed stuff. It works great. Then if you ever remove the turbo system just bolt the heat shield right back up and you never will even see the heat roll stuff below the OEM heat shield. Or you can pull the adhesive stuff off and reinstall the OEM shield.

Just orderd my turbo setup from Angus

looking forward to the install!

Come on Frank, I already knew you would change your mind for the 100th times about modifying your car. Stop being to anal already, after all it's just a piece of aluminum. I have heard of vendor out there is affraid of selling stuffs to you, because you would never satisfied with anything. It's no surprise to me that you would freak out on something minor like a heat shield.
There's a different between attention to detail freak and Frank's Anal...;)
Just bolt on the turbo and have fun already.:biggrin:

Ok just to clarify , you need to trim about 6" or less off the heatsheild ,
you can trim it in such a way that you can keep all of the attachment points .

It is really no big deal , if you ever went back to stock , you could easily just leave it that way and not many people would notice , or if you used the self adhesive material you could put the piece you trimmed off back on ...

Really , this is a piece of tin/aluminum which is bolted to your car , it is replaceable , NO big deal really .

I made the decision to do it this way to get the turbo up as high as possible , I weighed the options here and this made the most sense. I know that this is WAY less permanent than other kits where you need to cut holes in the actual car and really mess things up!

So JUST TO BE SURE everyone knows , you need to drill a 10mm hole and cut off one of the muffler hangers , the hanger can very easily be re-welded (if you ever go back to stock) and the hole is on a location where you will never be able to see it later.

ALL of the other backets etc. use factory bolt holes!!!

Wil

Just orderd my turbo setup from Angus

looking forward to the install!

Thanks Rich , hope you like it! I will call to let you know when it is going out!

Frank,
I have an extra heat shield off a 2000 nsx if you want to keep one on hand just in case you wanted to go back to stock. :biggrin:

Danny

ok guys this is the hanger you need to cut off to be able to clear the compressor housing

Attachments

• IMG_0227.jpg
    IMG_0227.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 1,115

ok guys this is the hanger you need to cut off to be able to clear the compressor housing

Thanks so much for all your help with the pics!

Angus

what plugs should I be using on your turbo kit- i have a new set of OEM plugs ready to go in this weekend with my Belt Service (in preparation of the turbo install) but might as well install the right ones if I need a different temp. range- I know that plat. tips do not work so well in SC applications.

thanks

As long as you use the laser platinum ( platinum on both sides) you will be fine , a lot of people like to run the coppers , but they are a bit more trouble to change , so a longer wearing plug is welcomed.
As far as heat range , you can run a 6 if you are going to run meth , if not run a 7 . Incidentally , the OEM NSX-R plug is a heat range 7.

**IMPORTANT**

You want to make sure to gap the plugs to .028" to avoid "blowing out the spark"

Last edited:
Back