• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

AP-X NSX turbo system (angus turbo kit)

Re: DIY Turbo kit !

I have the smaller DF one could I keep that? and how about the DF CF engine cover?

i thnk u could . bcuz thats just off the tip of the valence

but the df-r goes all the way back to the sway bar mounts

and the DF engine cover is just like OEM. most of the turbo kit is underneath

I have the smaller DF one could I keep that? and how about the DF CF engine cover?

The diffuser or engine cover will not affect anything . The turbo components under the car do not hang below the stock exhaust level.

i thnk u could . bcuz thats just off the tip of the valence

but the df-r goes all the way back to the sway bar mounts

and the DF engine cover is just like OEM. most of the turbo kit is underneath

I would be intersted in seeing if the turbo will interfere with your diffuser. I do not think so but we should measure it and see.

I would be intersted in seeing if the turbo will interfere with your diffuser. I do not think so but we should measure it and see.

ill try to take some pics and show you where its mounted. Actually now that i look where the turbo sits .. and the magnaflow is the lowest thing right? it should be fine

my car is 91 and I use header from 2000 na2. You have to use 95 and up rear sway bar also to clear the y pipe and turbo

so this is a must still?

Hi there I am based in belfast and would be interested in yout most comprehensive kit, for as close as possible to simple bolt on application.

I have no mechanical knowledge but a very good tuner.

I didn't believe that a turbo could owrk at all without dropping the intake temps with an intercooler- how is this possible?

Thank you for your consideration

Jamie

so this is a must still?

The y-pipe will work with 95-up headers or stock manifolds , you need a 95-up swaybar too ( $75 new from dealer) I have two lengths of y-pipe for pre-00 and 00-up stock headers (thanks to doc_tai!)

Hi there I am based in belfast and would be interested in yout most comprehensive kit, for as close as possible to simple bolt on application.

I have no mechanical knowledge but a very good tuner.

I didn't believe that a turbo could owrk at all without dropping the intake temps with an intercooler- how is this possible?

Thank you for your consideration

Jamie

I would be happy to provide you with a complete kit , including intercooler.

There are many turbo kits and even factory turbo cars which are non intercooled . Wether you need an intercooler really depends on many factors like boost level , turbo size , and so on .

My own NSX and a few others I have built have run no intercooler at up to 8-9 psi without excessive intake temps (at least partially due to methanol injection) , above that , the intercooler becomes necessary.

Actually with methanol injection , the air intake temps are so low at 6psi , I was getting condensation on the charge pipes!!!

Angus, I know there are many variables but how often do you have to fill the methanol tank? For example on the track when you are on boost all the time will you go through the tank in 1 20 min session, 2, 3, etc?

Where do you get Methanol? Do you just use Denatured Alcohol (ala Home Depot) and Distilled Water?

Last edited:

Angus, I know there are many variables but how often do you have to fill the methanol tank? For example on the track when you are on boost all the time will you go through the tank in 1 20 min session, 2, 3, etc?

Where do you get Methanol? Do you just use Denatured Alcohol (ala Home Depot) and Distilled Water?

Most nsx people that I know are using the 4 gallon plastic fuel cell from summit , this allows the methanol to last 3-4 tanks of gas ,at least , even on the track it would easily outlast a couple tanks of gas , as you said , it depends also on many factors , namely injector size.

I use methyl hydrate (can be bought from home depot or most auto parts stores) I have also bought it from race car shops or in larger (5 gal.) from VP racing fuels it usually runs about $4/gal

Last edited:

here pictures where to you need to drill a whole for front right rubber mount. I used 13/32 drill bit

Attachments

• IMG_0289.jpg
    IMG_0289.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 614
  • IMG_0290.jpg
    IMG_0290.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 510
  • IMG_0291.jpg
    IMG_0291.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 556
  • IMG_0293.jpg
    IMG_0293.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 558
  • IMG_0287.jpg
    IMG_0287.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 563
Last edited:

ENSSEX, the engine cover you have to give me.
Sorry.
Trev

here pictures where to you need to drill a whole for front right rubber mount. I used 13/32 drill bit

although this kit is bolt on, seems like little bita stuff you gotta do here n there that werent mentioned, am i correct?

so far

must take off heat shield , cut off one hanger, and now drill a hole

although this kit is bolt on, seems like little bita stuff you gotta do here n there that werent mentioned, am i correct?

so far

must take off heat shield , cut off one hanger, and now drill a hole

These are pretty minor things required to install a turbo kit. You basically just listed the three hardest things , and they will take you the better part of an hour - IF that.

These are pretty minor things required to install a turbo kit. You basically just listed the three hardest things , and they will take you the better part of an hour - IF that.

ok just was checking, didnt know that these things were needed.

Holly COW! people get spoiled easily these days. I can't believe people thinking that a turbo kit just bolts on and voila you have instant powaaaa:rolleyes: The reason other kits out there required you to ship your car to them is because they will butcher the sh!t out of it for turbo installations... get a clue people!

Holly COW! people get spoiled easily these days. I can't believe people thinking that a turbo kit just bolts on and voila you have instant powaaaa:rolleyes: The reason other kits out there required you to ship your car to them is because they will butcher the sh!t out of it for turbo installations... get a clue people!

i wasnt trying to whine about it, i just didnt have a clue on it. Probably because i never saw an installation for a turbo kit. was just asking a few questions.:cool:

lol you're sound like bruce lee

The measurement for the location of the hole is 2" from the right and 2" from the bottom.

Actually , none of the mods other than one hole are permanent , that hanger can be welded back on and the heatshield can be replaced for $85 - if you ever went back to stock.

Last edited:

I have a few questions...seems like a nice kit.

Car: 95 NSX

1. will it work with comptech headers?
2. What Whp are we looking at?
3. any pictures of the kit completed? under the car and engine bay?

Thanks,

Mark

1. yes
2. should be good for over 500whp if you have motor for it
3. check out his #1 post for pictures

1. yes
2. should be good for over 500whp if you have motor for it
3. check out his #1 post for pictures

Thanks, but I was asking for a pictures of the completed install....

With the size turbo yes it can probably hit 500whp...but I am not talking about building the motor, I was wondering can it come with an option of a smaller size turbo?

Thanks, but I was asking for a pictures of the completed install....

With the size turbo yes it can probably hit 500whp...but I am not talking about building the motor, I was wondering can it come with an option of a smaller size turbo?

I am currently in the process of uploading new pics of the kit ,installed and not . I am having trouble with my gallery . I also have been very busy building the kits.

If you like I can email you pics , PM me your email address.

Actually this turbo will flow over 75lbs/min - good for over 700hp

A smaller turbo would not provide better performance , this turbocharger is built specifically for me , for the NSX , I have dyno tested many , many different turbochargers , wheels , housings to come up with this turbo , it spools quick , pulls hard all the way to redline ( which a smaller turbo will not) and can run low boost like 4-5 psi OR high boost like 15-20 psi , this is not easy to come by in the world of turbochargers .

Back