• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

AP-X NSX turbo system (angus turbo kit)

Re: DIY Turbo kit !

No wonder I am still single.....I'm not gapped right, all the women blow out my spark instead of blowing me.........
Angus, does this hold true for the supercharger guys as well?
Maybe this is why two Asians in a 97 blew me away!!!
T
Must get Meth...............

Trev. , the smaller plug gap is standard on almost all FI vehicles factory or not , this is because when the cylinder pressure is greater , it is harder for the spark to jump the gap.

Believe it or not , even cars with high powered aftermarket ignition amplifiers still have trouble sparking with a wider gap at higher boost levels

... I do not have any information on wether owning a supercharger will increase or decrease your chance of getting blown , but maybe you were thinking (hoping) about this when you bought the whipple " blower"?

Last edited:

Just walked in and saw a box from Wil. I only recieved an exhaust and the craddle so far. His welds are impecable. I can just imagine the rest of the kit. Can't wait to see FEDEX with the rest of my parts tommorow!!! Frank

The rest of the parts should have been delivered frank!

Recieved the rest of my parts yesterday. Wil did an unbelievable job. So far I am really pleased with Wil's kit and also his customer service. Anytime I call he answers or calls back within seconds. Also, Wil helped me out with another vendor answering questions about the aftercooler I am going to use. Today my friend and I will start bolting on the kit. I advise anyone who is interested in buying a turbo kit to buy Wil's. You don't have to ship your car to another state and he will sell you a kit. Other vendors I had talked to about their turbo set ups would not sell you a kit unless the car was shipped to their location for the install. I feel that Wil is a valuble asset to the nsx community. Thanks, Frank

Recieved the rest of my parts yesterday. Wil did an unbelievable job. So far I am really pleased with Wil's kit and also his customer service. Anytime I call he answers or calls back within seconds. Also, Wil helped me out with another vendor answering questions about the aftercooler I am going to use. Today my friend and I will start bolting on the kit. I advise anyone who is interested in buying a turbo kit to buy Wil's. You don't have to ship your car to another state and he will sell you a kit. Other vendors I had talked to about their turbo set ups would not sell you a kit unless the car was shipped to their location for the install. I feel that Wil is a valuble asset to the nsx community. Thanks, Frank

What kind of Engine Management will u be using?

Bryan

even though i only ordered just a turbo off of him, i just wanted to say that he has good customer service and has answered every question i threw at him. A+++ for him

Are you the one that call me ask about wil's turbo kit?

Just finished up for the night installing the kit. Installing the headers was a real pain in the ass, but they are on. My oil pan is getting shipped out tommorow to Titanium Dave for a baffle, oil fitting for the turbo, and a oil temp sensor bung, and a fresh powder coat. My y-pipe is getting sent out Monday for ceramic coating. Only issue with the kit is that the cold side of the turbo points the wrong direction. Have a call out to Wil on that issue. Other than that it fits perfect so far. Im just helping my friend, he is the mechanic that is installing the kit for me. I am not that mechanically inclined. Frank

Just finished up for the night installing the kit. Installing the headers was a real pain in the ass, but they are on. My oil pan is getting shipped out tommorow to Titanium Dave for a baffle, oil fitting for the turbo, and a oil temp sensor bung, and a fresh powder coat. My y-pipe is getting sent out Monday for ceramic coating. Only issue with the kit is that the cold side of the turbo points the wrong direction. Have a call out to Wil on that issue. Other than that it fits perfect so far. Im just helping my friend, he is the mechanic that is installing the kit for me. I am not that mechanically inclined. Frank

I think you just need to lose 6 bolts on the compressor housing and turn it to where you want. If finish before you I'll send you a basemap

Last edited:

Yes Frank , just loosen the six 13mm bolts on each side of the turbo and rotate to where you need it , this is very easy , when "clocking" the turbo you will know it is in the right spot because the mounting cradle bolts (3 of them , one on compresor two on turbine side) will line up.

You also need to make sure the center section ( cartridge ) is straight up and down , oil inlet on top , outlet on bottom .

You do not need to remove any of the bolts , just loosen , and make SURE you tighten them back SNUG not over tight.

here the pictures where you mount turbo to the bracket.

Attachments

• IMG_0276.jpg
    IMG_0276.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 911
  • IMG_0277.jpg
    IMG_0277.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 865
Last edited:

Wil, and Doc Tai, Thanks for answering my questions and showing more pictures. Guys let me also stress that Wil also helped me and my mechanic yesterday answering questions even on the weekend. Thanks, Frank

wouldnt rocks destroy that IC? my rear valence gets a lot of chips

wouldnt rocks destroy that IC? my rear valence gets a lot of chips

This i/c is located in the same place as many porsches and also the twin turbo kit from cartech . The intercooler is strong , I think you would have a hard time to destroy it even with a hammer ! LOL!:smile:

This i/c is located in the same place as many porsches and also the twin turbo kit from cartech . The intercooler is strong , I think you would have a hard time to destroy it even with a hammer ! LOL!:smile:

:cool: i see ! nice im glad u got your IC out

oh ! question i got the DF-r diffuser the big one. im guessing i wont b able to keep that if i got this kit right?

Last edited:
Back