• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

AP-X NSX turbo system (angus turbo kit)

Re: DIY Turbo kit !

Angus....hope this isn't a stupid question....but is there any way a muffler place can custom fit my GTLW exhaust to use with your system? I have the Comptech headers and Taitec exhaust combination and would hate to lose the sound. Should have the cash by this summer to purchase your system. Can't wait to jump on the FI crack pipe.

Tony

Angus....hope this isn't a stupid question....but is there any way a muffler place can custom fit my GTLW exhaust to use with your system? I have the Comptech headers and Taitec exhaust combination and would hate to lose the sound. Should have the cash by this summer to purchase your system. Can't wait to jump on the FI crack pipe.

Tony

As doc says , turbo will change the sound for one , for two , N/A exhaust will not work b/c it is too small , for three , most N/A exhaust are dual in dual out turbo is single in dual out .

No matter how good you think your car sounds now , I am pretty sure you will find it sounds way , way better with turbo .

here is mine,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4We8zczIO0&feature=channel_page

Devin, thats what I was hoping to do. Keep the factory heat sheild in and cover it with the matrial as well. If I would have known I had to modify my car, I probably would have kept what I had already, my ARC and my Gruppe-m. Parts are sold already. Guess Im SOL. Frank

holy hell frank...you already modded the hell outta your car.....

this and most of the other silly posts in this thread are why I never started selling my kit...

goodluck angus, kit looks nice, and its priced right!

Hey, don't worry bout brother Frank, He WIL be ok....get it.
I promised him I would give him my car and my 04 fat boy if this turbo didn't work for him.
Wil, thanks for the good work, so many parts coming on the market now that people are going stupid turbo....lol
My CTSC can breath right now with all these low flow catz and GTLW flooding the for sale forum.
T-bone

Trev , why would his turbo not work for him?

Its a freaking joke man to stop these guys from Hassling Frank.
T

Trev , you are too funny -

hi Angus. most impressed with your work. will this work with cantrell headers?

hi Angus. most impressed with your work. will this work with cantrell headers?

Thanks for the compliment!
It will definitely work with cantrell headers!

Last edited:

As doc says , turbo will change the sound for one , for two , N/A exhaust will not work b/c it is too small , for three , most N/A exhaust are dual in dual out turbo is single in dual out .

No matter how good you think your car sounds now , I am pretty sure you will find it sounds way , way better with turbo .

here is mine,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4We8zczIO0&feature=channel_page

Ok....then just need to sell my GTLW exhaust and put that money aside for your kit. Should have the funds by July or sooner. PMd Chris at SOS for the AEM EMS. Quick question....which system would work best on your kit AEM EMS or the Wide Band one....I think its UEGO....I'm pretty sure you know what I mean.

How much power can that Air to Air intercooler handle/you recommend pushing through it?

Any dyno sheets yet?

That was going to be my next question...I'm not for air to air really on a nsx..what about a air to water option?

The core i am using has been used in cars running 500 plus hp . Almost all of the cars that I do myself are running methanol injection , so the intake temps are nice and low , actually to the point that I have seen condensation forming on the charge pipes!

If you are thinking that you will max out this Intercooler , and you need a air liquid option , there are a few people out there making them , I think Frank got his from Shad .

Like I have said before , I build street cars . This means 500hp is more than my customers will ever need or want in an NSX , my intercooler supports this (and probably more with meth) , the turbo can support more and if you want to push my system to those levels then , by all means , consider air / liquid.

In designing my kit , I wanted something that would (A) be easy to install , (B) be clean looking , (C) have minimal modification to the car , (D) add minimal (if any) weight , air / liquid is overkill for most street setups , adds unnecessary weight , adds install difficulty , complexity and cost , requires cutting holes , adding another tank , lines , pump , heat exchanger and so on and so forth .

Angus I'd just like to say that you're my hero. I've been watching this thread like a little kid staring in the window of the store at the item he can't have. :tongue:

I can't wait to hear what people have to say once they get theirs installed.

Now you have really done it, we couldn't stand him before and now, he is going to be like King Poobah around here. I will have to buy red carpet, the best vodka in town and dancing girls for all of his entourage!
T.

here my water to air intercooler set up

Attachments

• IMG_0297.jpg
    IMG_0297.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 807
  • IMG_0294.jpg
    IMG_0294.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 2,569
  • IMG_0298.jpg
    IMG_0298.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 682

Very nice doc , I always love to see what people do with my products!

here my water to air intercooler set up

That is exactly what I was thinking off...running lines shouldn't be a problem.

Angus, I wasn't knocking your idea...but I had a front mount on my old car and was just worried about road debris denting the sh*t out off the cooler.

Man I want this setup...now :biggrin: I can't sleep at night contemplating if I should go through the hassle of removing my ctsc and finding a stock intank manifold...

A littleboost, Wil is correct Shad at Driving Ambitions built me a water to air intercooler that sits right where the factory airbox is. Im sure once you get your turbo kit he can make more. Frank

Angus I'd just like to say that you're my hero. I've been watching this thread like a little kid staring in the window of the store at the item he can't have. :tongue:

I can't wait to hear what people have to say once they get theirs installed.

Thanks Cozmo! , I can't wait for people to get theirs installed either!

Back