An opportunity to have lunch with doug (dtrigg) and hal next week (queenlives)

That's right. Did you pick yourself off the floor yet? Now you have an opportunity to have a lunch hosted by Hal. I'll tell you in advance, you'll laugh your butt off when you're around him. He is one of the funniest guys I know. Plus, he can talk about any topic.

Downside...

1. I have lunch with him a lot, and he's driving me nuts,
2. I am tired of the same old stories,
3. I always have to buy him lunch,
4. He always threatens me to have his bees sting me,

Upside...

1. All of the above is not true,
2. He makes me laugh my butt off,
3. You name a topic and Hal will have an in-depth conversation with you,
4. He has a NSX with a supercharger!,

Seriously, Hal and I frequently have lunch together and we thought that would provide a good foundation to meet other NSX Prime members. We've done this in the past, and it was a neat experience.

Want to join us next week? If so, let's talk about time(s) and location.

Looking forward to seeing you.:biggrin::biggrin:

Doug

Re: An opportunity to have lunch with hal next week (queenlives)

I can't make it. Can you both come out here?

Sorry, can't make it.

- Too many cacti. New York has gone downhill.

- Random women nekkid running through the house . Security is lacking. Or is that Steveny?

- Volleyball

- I don't want to have to clean up my leavings in the pool.

That's right. Did you pick yourself off the floor yet? Now you have an opportunity to have a lunch hosted by Hal. I'll tell you in advance, you'll laugh your butt off when you're around him. He is one of the funniest guys I know. Plus, he can talk about any topic.

Downside...

1. I have lunch with him a lot, and he's driving me nuts,
2. I am tired of the same old stories,
3. I always have to buy him lunch,
4. He always threatens me to have his bees sting me,

Upside...

1. All of the above is not true,
2. He makes me laugh my butt off,
3. You name a topic and Hal will have an in-depth conversation with you,
4. He has a NSX with a supercharger!,

Seriously, Hal and I frequently have lunch together and we thought that would provide a good foundation to meet other NSX Prime members. We've done this in the past, and it was a neat experience.

Want to join us next week? If so, let's talk about time(s) and location.

Looking forward to seeing you.:biggrin::biggrin:

Doug
hahahahaha, doug, i'm laughing so hard my eyes are watering.

i'm tellin' ya - the bees are coming your way any day now :)

seriously, doug and i enjoy getting together and yakking and welcome others who care to join us... we're thinking of taking the doug and hal go to lunch show on the road so yes, utah and wa, we may be in your area in the near future ;)

any / all are welcome to join us.
hal

Ken, if you don't come to lunch with us, we'll come down there and get you.:biggrin:

Roger I think Hal and I collectively offer about 180 years of experience. I'll be wearing my Miracle Ear so conversation shouldn't be a problem.

Doug

Roger I think Hal and I collectively offer about 180 years of experience. I'll be wearing my Miracle Ear so conversation shouldn't be a problem.

Doug

And hopefully it's not too loud inside Denny's. :wink:

And hopefully it's not too loud inside Denny's. :wink:
inside... shoot, i'm just hoping to make it there in time for lunch. here's a pic just taken from the nursing home's webcam of me getting an early start on the "event".

Attachments

• geezercrossing.jpeg
    geezercrossing.jpeg
    4 KB · Views: 42

Doug
and here's a pic of doug getting the ear "tuned" before our last lunch:

Attachments

• miracleear.jpg
    miracleear.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 38
Lmao!

I think I might need another "tune". I can't hear a damn thing I am reading.:confused: Could be a blown fuse.

Anybody got a manual for a Miracle Ear?

Hal, will you be driving your Hoveround? I am charging my battery right now, so I'll be bringing mine.:biggrin:

Last edited:
lol.........you guys are good sports. I would join the lunch but I need more than just cans of Ensure to keep me going.

Attachments

• Ensure-High-Protein-2T.jpg
    Ensure-High-Protein-2T.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 22
I think I might need another "tune". I can't hear a damn thing I am reading.:confused: Could be a blown fuse.

Anybody got a manual for a Miracle Ear?

Hal, will you be driving your Hoveround? I am charging my battery right now, so I'll be bringing mine.:biggrin:
doug, i think you can't hear because they inflated the air bag in your miracle ear (as shown in the pic i included). if it's a schrader valve, you're probably ok; if presta, take yourself to a bike shop and ask to have it deflated just a bit - that should help.

i'd love to drive to lunch, doug, but i've got to take a vision test and can't quite make out the bottom characters on the cliff's version i'm using - is that "B" (as in, bush)?

Attachments

• CruelGeezerEyeExam.jpg
    CruelGeezerEyeExam.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 38
Well actually Roger, Hal and I usually start our lunch meetings with a Metamucal cocktail!:biggrin:

doug, i think you can't hear because they inflated the air bag in your miracle ear (as shown in the pic i included). if it's a schrader valve, you're probably ok; if presta, take yourself to a bike shop and ask to have it deflated just a bit - that should help.

i'd love to drive to lunch, doug, but i've got to take a vision test and can't quite make out the bottom characters on the cliff's version i'm using - is that "B" (as in, bush)?

What did you say Hal? Damn Miracle Ear.

Well actually Roger, Hal and I usually start our lunch meetings with a Metamucal cocktail!:biggrin:
in fact, here's a pic of doug just as i showed up at the restaurant last time. come to think of it, he squirmed a lot during lunch....

Attachments

• metamucil.jpeg
    metamucil.jpeg
    3 KB · Views: 36
Thanks Hal for posting up that photo of my live-in care giver.:eek:
hahahahahaha...

(ok, i'm out for a few hours - lots of chores around the place and i've gotta finish that eye test)

thx for the great laughs, guys!

hal

Back