Am I crazy for wanting a third NSX?

Kelvin, what a great story. You are living a dream man. Hahaha. If you want to take your multiple NSX's up to NSXPO I volunteer to drive one of them for you. :biggrin:

I can't wait until I can make a thread with this title!

Do I think you're crazy?! Heck no! But by no means am I the sanest man on my block.

I am so green with envy!!

Congrats!! and the answer to your question is NO! You're not crazy, I've always planned to have 4 or more. 1 stock 91, 1 track modified NA1 & NA2, 1 02+ street tuned =D Too bad my wallent doesn't support what i want for now =D

Awesome Kelvin,
You said thinking about a 3rd but i didn't think you would jump so fast.

Enjoy my friend :cool:
Mike

Thanks everyone. The rest of my trip home was pretty uneventful, but I'll share some pics anyway for memory's sake. :)

Iconic wind turbines outside LA
IMG_9235.JPG

Palm Springs
IMG_9236.JPG

This is the part of I-10 where you are advised to shut off your A/C to avoid overheating. I saw other cars struggle to climb uphill, but my 20 year old 125k mile NSX performed flawlessly.
IMG_9238.JPG

I left the A/C on, and the temp & oil gauges never moved.
IMG_9237.JPG

Entering AZ
IMG_9239.JPG

Popo keeping everyone in line
IMG_9240.JPG

Getting my baby passed through emissions, then title & registration.
IMG_9241.JPG

Home at last!
NSXs_at_home_01.jpg

Took her to the gym for a post road trip workout. :biggrin:
NSXs_at_gym.jpg

Congrats! Love the picture with all 3 together. :)

So...why did the guy leave it in the garage for 2 years, not drive it, and evidently did not even bother to wash it?? :confused:

Now there's a glorious picture!

Sold your Accord yet? :wink:

How's DDing an NSX going?

Nope, I'm keeping the Accord. The parking lot at work is currently torn up to install additional covered parking, and I'm not about to park an NSX on the temporary dirt lot they have set up. Plus the Accord can carry more than one passenger, so I'm not getting rid of it.

I've been driving my NSX everywhere this weekend. Took it to breakfast this morning, then the gym this afternoon, and dinner after. Just hit 125k miles on the odo and drives like a dream!

125k_miles_01.jpg

Congrats! Love the picture with all 3 together. :)

So...why did the guy leave it in the garage for 2 years, not drive it, and evidently did not even bother to wash it?? :confused:

I'm not sure. I just wanted to buy the NSX and get out of Dodge so I didn't pry too much. He was already feeling like he sold it for too low and I didn't want to say anything that might cause him to change his mind. I'm guessing that due to the fact the car didn't have registration/insurance, and was priced on the low side, there may have been some financial considerations. He also only wanted to deal with local buyers, and I only got the car because my phone's area code is 480 which he confused with 408 (a nearby area code).

For the record, the seller did tell me that just because his ad stated he didn't drive it, that didn't mean he didn't occasionally go into the garage and start/run it.

Last edited:
He also only wanted to deal with local buyers, and I only got the car because my phone's area code is 480 which he confused with 408 (a nearby area code).

Now there's a lucky break! Almost like it was meant to be :biggrin:

was going to ask you how does it compare (driving wise) to your other newer nsx's with less milage) !!

The NA1 and NA2 are both fun to drive, but the pretty obvious differences to me are:

Rigidity - the coupe is noticeably more rigid than the T, even with the top on.

Transmission - I prefer the 6-speed as it seems to drop less revs during shifting, and the extra gear is nice. Clutch effort feels pretty much the same.

Power steering below 25mph - the power steering in the T makes the manual steering effort in the coupe seem high at first, until I get used to it. Conversely, the manual steering in the coupe makes the power steering in the T seem excessive initially. Not a big deal as I enjoy driving both.

:eek:Wow, not one, not two but 3 NSX. I thought having one is already cool. Having 3 is just too cool. Congrat! I don't know if its crazy or not but if you got it, YOU GOT IT! :wink: :smile:

1st of all congratulations!!

2nd... why 3 NSX's? Why not a Porsche or a S2000 or something else?

1st of all congratulations!!

2nd... why 3 NSX's? Why not a Porsche or a S2000 or something else?

Heh. I understand one garage queen and one guilt-free daily driver... but seems Kelvin wants two garage queens!

Hey, if you've got the $$ and the space... why not!

why 3 NSX's? Why not a Porsche or a S2000 or something else?

I get asked this all the time, and the bottom line is because I want to, and I can. But the more involved answer is that for the money, I've found nothing else that I like as much, fits me as well, is as reliable, looks as exotic, and offers the incredible visibility and comfortable seating/amenities that an NSX does. Also, I want to know my cars inside and out as I enjoy working on them, and if I have other cars, that simply won't be possible as my time would be spread too thin learning about other cars.

Anyway, below is my version of this 80s poster. :smile:
jfhe.jpg

3NSXs.jpg

Good for you.You might as well exercise your passion now as your priorities may change in the future.......ask me how I know:smile::wink:

Back