2nd Gen Iphone

3) and really....NO FLASH PLUG IN STILL?!?! :mad:

3) and really....NO FLASH PLUG IN STILL?!?! :mad:

I'll post how mine works after I get it tomorrow morning. And FLASH, I never really liked it, maybe because most sites have a bad implementation of it. Myspace Flash pages come to mind, but then again that's just bad to begin with.

I'll post how mine works after I get it tomorrow morning. And FLASH, I never really liked it, maybe because most sites have a bad implementation of it. Myspace Flash pages come to mind, but then again that's just bad to begin with.

i can do without flash for loading intensive purposes. BUT some sites, are designed with their nagivation controls IN the flash portion of their site... which makes it impossible to view/use their site... that's the only time it sorta bugs.

of course if needed to SEE some flashy moving stuff, i can always use my comp for it... :tongue:

Though the goals are different, the approach is similar to how one would approach a rubik's cube. After a few miserable failures I started rotating the brick before making a single move to get a good idea of what I'm working with.

I submitted a review, hopefully a few more will also to help cancel out that one individual that is apparently incapable of reading instructions :rolleyes:

Thanks man... I haven't seen the negative review yet.. will check it out. Yeah, I tend to make a selection so that it's highlighted and then rotate the cube in different orientations to try and identify other blocks that can be connected to increase the value. The overall chain value goes up exponentially as each new cube is added. I'm thinking of releasing a short video tutorial on YouTube which might make it easier for people to see the game before purchasing it... or perhaps building in a more robust tutorial right into the game.

NSXRebel: It's a 3D puzzle game called "Cubes"

EDIT: Weird, I only see the one review. Was the negative review posted on iTunes Music Store?

Last edited:
NSXRebel: It's a 3D puzzle game called "Cubes"

EDIT: Weird, I only see the one review. Was the negative review posted on iTunes Music Store?

There's a 1 star review by "maxter123" whose comment is "wats the objective?".

I'll post my review after I get to play with it a little. My first attempt got me about half way through level 2. I'm not great at this kind of game. :redface:

2) i NOTICED that my reception is worse on the 2nd gen than on 1st. am i the only one?!?!?! at home (since i am here a lot) i used to get 3 bars consistently. now i'm getting 1 here... :frown:

That's weird, I used to get 1 bar at home and now get 2-3.
The dock thing is pretty crappy, but I never used it anyway and have heard that it fits fine in the previous generation dock.

The biggest thing I'm mad about is the crappy case selection at the ATT store.

Oh, yeah, and some punk keeps offering me 100 less than what I post my old one for and then flagging my CL ad until it gets pulled. We've been through this process 4 times now.

Why not? You can get the early upgrade pricing. It's not as low as the $199/$299 pricing but they will not turn you away if you want to buy the iPhone. The did give you that option didn't they? You could have taken them up on it.

No, I wasn't aware of that option until after I had come back from waiting in line :(

A guy in front of me wasn't yet eligible for upgrade and went that route. I didn't pay a lot of attention, but from what I caught, as long as the account is in good standing you pay an 'early upgrade fee' that I believe was $45.

I went back later in the day to order an 8gb through direct fulfillment for the other iPhone on my plan and it's already been shipped so I should see it early next week. Honestly, if I had known that was an option I probably would have done it for both iPhones on my plan and just waited the few days extra instead of waiting in line.

Oh, yeah, and some punk keeps offering me 100 less than what I post my old one for and then flagging my CL ad until it gets pulled. We've been through this process 4 times now.

It takes a number of people flagging you to get an item pulled, one dude can't do it alone. I had this issue during Christmas 2006 selling TMX Elmos (at list price). What I ended up doing was creating the ad 15 or 20 times, but not activating it by clicking the link. As soon as it was pulled down, I'd click the link and activate the next ad. It would take them a good 4 or 5 hours to have enough people flag my ad to have it pulled down again, I'd then immediately put up the next one. After doing that 5 or 6 times, they all gave up. I even posted what I was doing in my later ads just to bait and annoy them :).

A guy in front of me wasn't yet eligible for upgrade and went that route. I didn't pay a lot of attention, but from what I caught, as long as the account is in good standing you pay an 'early upgrade fee' that I believe was $45.

That is what I would like some clarification on. I keep hearing different things. I called ATT, they told me that I wasn't eligible at all to purchase it unless I was a new customer or was ready for upgrade.

I heard elsewhere that I could purchase it for full price of $399 (8gb) if I wasn't ready for upgrade or wanting to start a new line.

This is the first time I've heard about the $45 early upgrade fee.....which really gives me hope. I don't intend on paying $399 though.

Just upgraded to a 16Gb white iPhone. will post review later.

White, eh? I thought about doing that instead of my 16gb black, but then I looked at my macbook and saw how not-white it gets. There's just something about the apple white that gets dirty way too fast.

deedubb, I wish I could help you more, but I didn't really catch all of what was going on. I know he wasn't eligible for upgrade and walked out of there with a 16gb and case for under $400.

Go to your store and see what they can do, they don't have to have them in stock they can basically order you one if you decide to go for it.

No, I wasn't aware of that option until after I had come back from waiting in line :(

Aw man, too bad they didn't tell you about all of the options.

This site details out the pricing. source: www.att.com/iphone

Pricing details if you are an existing customer:
http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/specials/iphone-info.jsp#0faqSection1

Quote:
"How much will I pay for iPhone 3G?
If you are upgrade eligible and your account is in good standing, you will pay $199 for 8GB (black) and $299 for 16GB (black or white). Two-year contract required.

You have the option to purchase an early upgrade priced at $399 for 8GB (black) or $499 for 16GB (black or white). Two-year contract required. Coming soon, AT&T will offer a no-commitment option of $599 for 8GB and $699 for 16GB.

lots of people are reporting (over the net) that the 3G reduces their reception significantly over the EDGE network. the phone automatically switches back to EDGE when it gets less than 1 bar... its a BIT ANNOYING.... :mad:

3G, if in the right area, should always hold the strongest reception... but i guess there are enough people reporting this as MORE than just a small gliche...

also the OLD docks don't work. you have to shove the phone in and it will leave scuff/scratches on the back of your casing.... GET THE NEW DOCK.... :eek:

Everything is working good so far. The GPS, wow! It's fast and accurate. The GPS in my car is starting to act up, and this is the perfect replacement. I'm loving the free language translators. AOL radio is good too. A word of advice, don't setup your phone from a backup, specially if your previous phone was jailbroken. Instead, set it up as a new phone, THEN sync all your data. Somehow, it will crash sometimes when launching apps. I suspect this is from having a backup of a jailbroken phone. I have tons of apps to go through now. :biggrin:

I used the GPS on the Cal Coastal Canyon Drive today and it worked great. As stated it was very accurate and we were in the boonies!! So far so good.

Same here, I hit locate me today while in line at a taco bell and the dot was right on the drive through lane. Anyone else download super monkey ball yet? I'm not a huge video game nut, but between that, Arshad's game, and a sudoku game I've been quite busy on my phone during any down time I happen to have.

Hey Arshad, I made it onto the high score list!! #10 but still there.....

lots of people are reporting (over the net) that the 3G reduces their reception significantly over the EDGE network. the phone automatically switches back to EDGE when it gets less than 1 bar... its a BIT ANNOYING.... :mad:

3G, if in the right area, should always hold the strongest reception... but i guess there are enough people reporting this as MORE than just a small gliche...

also the OLD docks don't work. you have to shove the phone in and it will leave scuff/scratches on the back of your casing.... GET THE NEW DOCK.... :eek:
my friend just got the 16 white , and he loves it so he let me have his old one so i can unlock it and use it with Tmobile.
The new iphone is in fact wider and lighter .So you can still use the old doc its just a little tight.

Last edited:
EVERYONE THAT HAS AN ORIGINAL IPHONE THAT WANTS TO SELL IT PLEASE PM ME. IM INTERESTED IN BUYING A FEW FOR MY COMPANY. :cool:

EVERYONE THAT HAS AN ORIGINAL IPHONE THAT WANTS TO SELL IT PLEASE PM ME. IM INTERESTED IN BUYING A FEW FOR MY COMPANY. :cool:

i'll sell mine if the price is right? :tongue:

Hey Arshad, I made it onto the high score list!! #10 but still there.....

Hehehe :) BTW, thanks for your review.. I think it made it up. Yeah I was debating about the default high scores -- I think they are too high to start with, but my partner wanted them high. I should probably lower them.

I've been redesigning the graphics on it this weekend -- tell me what you think. I'm planning on rolling this out in the next couple of days:

Attachments

• Picture 4.jpg
    Picture 4.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 43
Yeah, got me a 16 gig 3G black to replace my 16 gig regular iPhone; didn't have to wait in any line and the swap cost me $100. Gave my old iPhone tomy brother and he went and waited in line (Saturday, San Ramon AT&T store off Bollinger Canyon Road- 20 minute wait was all) and I am hooked up. I am still figuring out the new stuff, but so far no problems.

Hehehe :) BTW, thanks for your review.. I think it made it up. Yeah I was debating about the default high scores -- I think they are too high to start with, but my partner wanted them high. I should probably lower them.

I've been redesigning the graphics on it this weekend -- tell me what you think. I'm planning on rolling this out in the next couple of days:

Glad the review made it up, I was wondering how long it would take to get approved. The new graphics look good, a little more 'happy' than the current. I'll be keeping an eye out in my updates.

Note: the southpark game is a little retarded, I really wouldn't recommend it.

Back