02 rear valence - anyone paint one solid color?

Has anyone installed the 02 valence and painted it one solid color, any pics? I was just talking to my body shop, car is in the shop after an accident. The rear valence has to be replaced, at the same time I was having them install the full wings west kit, including the rear spats. One thing I like is that I can get quad tips with the 91-01 rear valence. The negative being that sometimes the rear spats fall off.

Anyway apparantly Acura sent the body shop the wrong valence which got me thinking I could get that installed instead and it wouldn't cost me anything. Any thoughts on this, I really do like quad tip exhausts but if fit on WW spats is that bad maybe I should switch??? Sure some of you guys have ahd this debate before, anyone stay with the 91-01 to have quad tips?

I probably have to let the body shop know but tomorrow so they don't send the 02 valence back and get the 91-01 if thats what I decide to do

Thanks,

Carl

do NOT paint the mesh parts a solid colour..I think it looks terrible. The 02 valence makes the car look even better from the rear..

Paint it just like OEM

nsx02_04_1024[1].jpg

Congratulation on your accident (no not the actual accident, but the shipping mistake.)

For starter, I don't think they still make hte 91-01 ones anymore, and that's why they send you the 02 valence. For the second part, the 02 valence with paint costed me $800 and change, and it's considered a bargain.

What color is your car? I have a good condition 91 stock valence painted according to the stock 02 scheme, which got some goeey sticky stuff on the right side (but you won't see them after the WW install, the goeey stuff is what it held the spats in the first place) and a mint condition left WW spat. If you want to exchange it, I wouldn't mind. (They are in Formula Red) :wink:

http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=5281&sort=1&cat=500&page=1
showphoto.php

I painted mine all one color except I left the mesh black. I have pics somewhere on this site but it wont let me post them again in another forum. :wink:

I ran the WW spats with quad tip and I liked the look. Only problem was, one of the spats started to detach and I just didn't want to deal with it and so I got an 02 valence. That made me have to change out the exhaust.

Clickable images.

[url="http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/data/593/9919RS-driveway-1.jpg"][/url]

Here you can see the rake of the spat almost match perfectly with the angle of the exhaust. Overall I prefer the quad tip look. But almost anyone would be willing to buy your valence off of you and trade you their old one + cash.

Here it is on an 02 Valence, not clickable. This was a very tight fit and I was told it caused a bit of a problem.

9204544b.jpg

I also was having problems with the WW spats wanting to detach themselves, but I didn't want to give up the quad tips. I liked them too much. If I could have somehow got quad tips into the 2002+ valence without problems, I would have switched over a long time go. Instead, I had my bodyshop remount the WW spats using some pretty strong epoxy and they've been holding up for over a year now.

Attachments

• DSC01681.jpg
    DSC01681.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 6,968
FURYNSX,

I love the way the rear looks with the quad tips, just debating if I want to deal with rear spats falling off or getting the 02 valence and having to get single tips.

Malibu Rapper,

Do you know what problems it caused, warping or rubbing against the valence?

I will have to sleep on it at let the body shop know tomorrow, I didn't start thinking all of this until after tehy got off the phone, so I assume I have a small window to tell them if I want the 02 valence or not. Assume tomorrow morning.

ahhh what to do......what to do

I did the '02 valance update on our '01 - I had it painted just like they come from the factory and I really like it. I have seen others painted all body color with just the screen black, I do not like it as much. I think Acura got it right when they decided upon the color scheme. I also have the CT exhaust with the 4" rolled edge tips and they fit the '02 valance very nicely, again, looks like acura would do it. Good luck.

Okay, so maybe this will help you decide either for or against the '02 valence. Here's a couple pictures of my red:

This one I really had to mess with the colors and brightness so that you could see the exhaust (the sun was not shining on the tips):
dtm1.jpg

Here's a closer one with the true color:
dtm2.jpg

I like Redshifts car a lot the way it looks with the quad tips so I am leaning towards that. I will post pics when I get it back, although I won't have the exhaust on by then.

Thanks guys for your help,

Carl

Not that anyone needs to see another, but....this is ours with the CT exhaust and if my opinion counts for anything, the tips are a real nice fit.

Attachments

• Acura NSX Pictures 009 (Medium).jpg
    Acura NSX Pictures 009 (Medium).jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 422
Cairo94507 said:
Not that anyone needs to see another, but....this is ours with the CT exhaust and if my opinion counts for anything, the tips are a real nice fit.

Hey Mike,

Did you get the black part painted also? I just got this valence and I am debating that should I get the center portion painted with glossy black or just leave it the way it is and just paint the sides and bottom...I think a stock 02+ is unpainted.

I will be happy to hear more opinions.

Thanks,

Coleman

Malibu Rapper said:
Here it is on an 02 Valence, not clickable. This was a very tight fit and I was told it caused a bit of a problem.

9204544b.jpg

yeah as you can see on my car that there was a bit of a rubbing problem. honestly you cant see it unless you look for it..ill see if i can dig some pics up of the actuall make it left on the valence

Coleman - Yes they sprayed the black section low lustre black and then they clear coated the entire valance. I wanted it as close as possible to the stock look. Michael

Back