• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ZTek Headers test fitting (LA area) + Group Buy, Want to particpate?

ZTekExhaust said:
Our ZTek NSX Exhaust: www.zerotek.net. the ver.2 will be availible when we ship out the headers (lighter, with larger double walled tips), ver.1 availible now.

OK, I own that exhaust already. Very impressed with the quality! I found the note to be quite deep and aggressive... However I'm now looking for a high pitch...

Have you thought about developing a twin small short canister model with quad tips...? That would give you the higher "superbike" pitch more like the Gruppe M...

AU_NSX said:
OK, I own that exhaust already. Very impressed with the quality! I found the note to be quite deep and aggressive... However I'm now looking for a high pitch...

Have you thought about developing a twin small short canister model with quad tips...? That would give you the higher "superbike" pitch more like the Gruppe M...

Using our resonated cat-bypass pipes will give a slightly higher pitch and increase volume. Our ver.2 Quad tip as well will be availble at the same time. (Pics should be arriving in the next week or so of the quad tip version). But for the best power, the size of the cannisters and cores have been size matched for max peformance so shrinking the canisters may increase volume, but decrease performance slightly. But in the future we may have other systems availible.

ZTekExhaust said:
Using our resonated cat-bypass pipes will give a slightly higher pitch and increase volume. Our ver.2 Quad tip as well will be availble at the same time. (Pics should be arriving in the next week or so of the quad tip version). But for the best power, the size of the cannisters and cores have been size matched for max peformance so shrinking the canisters may increase volume, but decrease performance slightly. But in the future we may have other systems availible.

OK...

Secondly, will the headers be made in Korea like your exhausts are?

AU_NSX said:
OK...

Secondly, will the headers be made in Korea like your exhausts are?

Our Exhausts are not made in Korea. They are either made in Japan or in Taiwan on the same Japanese CNC machines. Lifetime warrenty applies to all ZTek components.

ZTekExhaust said:
Our Exhausts are not made in Korea. They are either made in Japan or in Taiwan on the same Japanese CNC machines. Lifetime warrenty applies to all ZTek components.

Sorry I thought I read in another thread that your exhausts were made in Korea... My mistake!

My point was that my ZTek exhaust is great quality! And I was wondering if the headers will be made in the same factory and therefore have similar quality?

AU_NSX said:
Sorry I thought I read in another thread that your exhausts were made in Korea... My mistake!

My point was that my ZTek exhaust is great quality! And I was wondering if the headers will be made in the same factory and therefore have similar quality?

Yes, we have very strick quality controls over raw materials to finish, and the quality of these headers should be of the same or better quality than the exhaust system, due to many high tech features that arn't currently available for the NSX eg. (forged merge collectors w/OEM style ball and sockets for all years, etc).

Very interested in high flow cats, and probably the headers as well. You can add me to the list.

I may still be in. I learned something interesting today..... I had MDM put my cats back on to try to pass emissions. In the process, the flexpipe on the old Comptech header which was already broken, completely snapped in half. The tech handed me the piece to examine :). He put it back on the car, but essentially I'm running an open header on one bank. Regardless it was good enough to pass emissions, so I now have a sticker, BUT the volume..... OMG.... It was loud before with test pipes, headers and HKS exhaust.... it's nothing compared to now. I have a headache now and it's hard to think while driving. Cell phone is useless even with bluetooth and I sure as hell can't hear it ring. I can't live with it this loud (though the crackling when downshifting is awesome :)). I will need to replace at least that one header so I'll hang in and see where we end up for price once these are available. Plug N play is a must, I'm not cutting any wires (though I may already have the necessary harness on the car because of the headers on there now).

1. Yaynsx
2. shinny930
3. Osiris_x11
4. Oyagi
5. lightguy
6. Nihilation
7. 96GoldNSX
8. clr1024 (on price)
9. the0ne (awaiting pics, in the mkt.)
10. Veleno (QA/QC assurance)
11. CDX_NSX (price/quality/dyno) - '93
12. robr ('91) for original proprosed price of $740-$825.
13.Audiophile (04)
14. Wealthbuildr (1991)
15.TURBO2GO (2005)
16. iasports (1994)
17. bizman (price)
18. distance runner (edit: I am out.)
19. fcs1965 (1992)
20. nsxr097 (92)
21. Deylo (1991) (price)
22. dcam (1991) (price)
23. ibDursty (1995) Assuming most of the features that are listed above.. biggest is the O2 sensor harness
24. fcs1965
25 Splitz (quality, price, discount if exhaust is bought at same time?)
26. NSX_Vu

1. Yaynsx
2. shinny930
3. Osiris_x11
4. Oyagi
5. lightguy
6. Nihilation
7. 96GoldNSX
8. clr1024 (on price)
13.Audiophile (04)
14. Wealthbuildr (1991)
15.TURBO2GO (2005)
16. iasports (1994)
17. bizman (price)
18. distance runner (edit: I am out.)
19. fcs1965 (1992)
20. nsxr097 (92)
21. Deylo (1991) (price)
22. dcam (1991) (price)
23. ibDursty (1995) Assuming most of the features that are listed above.. biggest is the O2 sensor harness
24. fcs1965
25 Splitz (quality, price, discount if exhaust is bought at same time?)
26. NSX_Vu[/QUOTE]
27. DrVolkl (high flow cats and headers)

ZTekExhaust said:
Great News, our new design will incorporate both 91-94 and 95-05 into one design. The 91-94's will be the same 95+ headers with an additional stock Honda type ball and socket with OEM type hardware. Sorry for the ping pong in design, but this final design will be the best configuration, for all years. Final production headers will have finshed forged MERGE collectors and fully polished stainless.

ZTekExhaust said:
I am hoping to be able to throw in the o2 sensor harnesses in if I can do it without losing money, otherwise the harnesses will be available at a discount...

AU_NSX said:
Is it really possible to make the headers identical? It seems so logical so why hasn't anyone else done this?

I am looking at extractors for my '98... However I want the extractors for the 91-94 NA1 model... Reason is I will be putting on an Gruppe M NA1 exhaust that also removes the cats. Thus having a complete NA1 system on an NA2!

Now if for some reason I need to get the car emissions tested, then in theory I would be able to unbolt the extractors at the ball joint extensions and directly bolt the OEM cats and exhaust up to your extractors...

Is that what would be possible with the extractors that you are designing and manufacturing???

If so... Then I'm in!

ZTekExhaust said:
Yes, exactly! This way we use the NA2 OEM type ball and socket connections and hardware that will last a lifetime, unlike the other systems on the market. The actual header portion is the same for the NA1 and NA2 =).

OK... Sounds too good to be true really! So I will put myself on the list so as not to miss out should you achieve all the above!!!

1. Yaynsx
2. shinny930
3. Osiris_x11
4. Oyagi
5. lightguy
6. Nihilation
7. 96GoldNSX
8. clr1024 (on price)
13.Audiophile (04)
14. Wealthbuildr (1991)
15.TURBO2GO (2005)
16. iasports (1994)
17. bizman (price)
18. fcs1965 (1992)
19. nsxr097 (92)
20. Deylo (1991) (price)
21. dcam (1991) (price)
22. ibDursty (1995) Assuming most of the features that are listed above.. biggest is the O2 sensor harness
23. fcs1965
24. Splitz (quality, price, discount if exhaust is bought at same time?)
25. NSX_Vu[/quote]
26. DrVolkl (high flow cats and headers)
27. AU_NSX (91-94)

WOW 27 people on the list for the headers. I can't wait till it comes out. By the way I am really interested in high flow cats. Any idea how long before the high flow cats will be available?? is it about the same time as the headers??? It be great to pick them up both at the same time. Either way I am really excited and can't wait till I have it on my nsx.:biggrin:

1. Yaynsx
2. shinny930
3. Osiris_x11
4. Oyagi
5. lightguy
6. Nihilation
7. 96GoldNSX
8. clr1024 (on price)
13.Audiophile (04)
14. Wealthbuildr (1991)
15.TURBO2GO (2005)
16. iasports (1994)
17. bizman (price)
18. fcs1965 (1992)
19. nsxr097 (92)
20. Deylo (1991) (price)
21. dcam (1991) (price)
22. ibDursty (1995) Assuming most of the features that are listed above.. biggest is the O2 sensor harness
23. fcs1965
25. NSX_Vu[/quote]
27. AU_NSX (91-94)

Make it 28, I replied earlier, but didn add to the list.
1. Yaynsx
2. shinny930
3. Osiris_x11
4. Oyagi
5. lightguy
6. Nihilation
7. 96GoldNSX
8. clr1024 (on price)
13.Audiophile (04)
14. Wealthbuildr (1991)
15.TURBO2GO (2005)
16. iasports (1994)
17. bizman (price)
18. fcs1965 (1992)
19. nsxr097 (92)
20. Deylo (1991) (price)
21. dcam (1991) (price)
23. fcs1965
25. NSX_Vu[/quote]
27. AU_NSX (91-94)
28. rherschberg (91 + O2 adapter) (assuming features mentioned, price and timing. may be interested in high flow cats based on price and timing as well.)

Also, I'm curious if since I'm local, is there a way to test fit with my after market exhaust?

Last edited:
Ok, great news! All I need is for everyone on the list to make sure they put the YEAR next to their sn, or a count of headers for the 91-94 and 95+ and then I can get the exact production time.

Confirmed Pricing: 91-94 (Including Headers, ball and socket adaptors (allows for use of any year nsx after-header piping and cats) plus the corresponding gaskets, springs, and bolts to convert over to the ball and sockets): $825 + Shipping + Tax for CA residents.

(1991-94: Optional: Long 02 extension wire + Short 02 extension wire: +$75)
(Shipping: Flat rate of $50 for the continental US residents)

NOTE: The headers should be installed by a very knowledgeable exhaust or performance shop. Depending on your brand of exhaust, cats or cat bypasses, the angle on the flat flange on one or both may need to be adjusted slightly; very easy for an exhaust shop to do. This is due to very slight differences across the different manufacturers of exhaust. They should just be a bolt-on and go with OEM cats and exhaust.

Confirmed Pricing for 95+ (Including Headers only (direct replacement, reuses the OEM stock hardware): $795 + Shipping + Tax for CA residents.

(1995+: Optional: Long 02 extension wire +$60)
(Shipping: Flat rate of $50 for the continental US residents)

Replacement OEM Acura Hardware will be available for purchase at a slight discount from Acura dealer pricing on our website prior to shipment.

DISCOUNT pricing on Ver.2 ZTek exhaust and Ver.2 QUAD ZTek exhaust with purchase of headers, please call 1-866-Zero-Tek ask for Lance for more info.

FREE SHIPPING on the headers for those who have purchased our ver.1 exhaust previously or will be purchasing a ver.2 exhaust at the same time.

These prices are 25+ paid members for the GB (as there are already signed up), less than 25 members prices will increase 5%, less than 15 members 10% increase. To confirm the number of those on the GB please either make full payment or min $500 deposit via paypal to [email protected] or over the phone at 1-866-Zero-Tek.

Last edited:
Are we still 40 days out before shipping? I'm still interested, but I'm not paying until I have an exact ship date and there's a guarantee that the date will not slip. I learned my lesson ordering an exhaust for my 300ZX before it was actually a product.

robr said:
Are we still 40 days out before shipping? I'm still interested, but I'm not paying until I have an exact ship date and there's a guarantee that the date will not slip.
In addition to needing an exact shipping date, I must say that I am reluctant to shell out any money until a production unit has been produced, inspected and test fitted on someone’s NSX with the photos and impressions posted on prime...

No offence but mine has to ship internationally so it is going to be VERY expensive if there are any fitment or teething issues... (even if it does have a lifetime warranty! I hope you understand.)

AU_NSX said:
In addition to needing an exact shipping date, I must say that I am reluctant to shell out any money until a production unit has been produced, inspected and test fitted on someone’s NSX with the photos and impressions posted on prime...

No offence but mine has to ship internationally so it is going to be VERY expensive if there are any fitment or teething issues... (even if it does have a lifetime warranty! I hope you understand.)

Like I said, as soon as we can get everyone to let me know exactly what year their car is, then i'll be able to calculate the exact date of shipment.

If you are worried about fitment, I will be building my own jig to personally test each header for perfect fitment, and if want to secure the crazy low GB price, please make the $500 deposit asap and if you are not 110% satisfied with what prime members say when they do their own installs, your deposit will be refunded, if you like what you hear, then just pay the balance and your set will ship out.

WTF After all this wait and with 28 people its $900+taxes all together. What happened to the $740-825 shipped price?? :confused: You started the group with needing 10 for the group buy but now have almost 30 people seriously interested and this is the best price. :mad: with the harness and plus shipping and taxes its $1000:cool: I am going to have to think Twice about this..... I might just wait till other people try it before I send any money out to anyone. This is kinda dissapointing. I mean almost 30 people buying at the same time.......
IS THIS THE BEST YOU CAN DO LANCE????? What about any discounts for people who bought the ztek ver1 exhaust from you allready and were 95% satisfied??? Shouldn't they get the same discount as if you were buying a ver2 exhaust and headers. Can't you come up with a better deal if more people commit at the same time or something???

ZTekExhaust said:
Like I said, as soon as we can get everyone to let me know exactly what year their car is, then i'll be able to calculate the exact date of shipment...

Please don't take this the wrong way... But you must admit that you've not been too reliable on your time estimates so far...

Let me remind you that you promised that 5 exhausts would be ready "in 3-4 weeks" on the 8th April in this post

Exactly one month later on the 8th May the same promise of 3-4 weeks here in this post

So some six weeks later another promise but it's a further 6 weeks away now... see this post

Now Lance, here we are at the end of June... I know for a fact that you still have no production prototype made yet and are asking for a $500 deposit for what is effectively another promise from you that they will be made...

Now you make it, and people will buy it! Not the other way around.!

I will not be sending any money until at least some of the headers are made and prove to fulfil ALL your promises! If that means that I miss out... So be it! But I am not in the business of funding an R&D project...

AU_NSX said:
Now Lance, here we are at the end of June... I know for a fact that you still have no production prototype made yet and are asking for a $500 deposit for what is effectively another promise from you that they will be made...

At minimum I'd to see a prototype mounted a NSX with a dyno before and after before requesting any deposit. I think that NSXprime members prooved that they are willing to buy it.

AU_NSX said:
Please don't take this the wrong way... But you must admit that you've not been too reliable on your time estimates so far...

Let me remind you that you promised that 5 exhausts would be ready "in 3-4 weeks" on the 8th April in this post

Exactly one month later on the 8th May the same promise of 3-4 weeks here in this post

So some six weeks later another promise but it's a further 6 weeks away now... see this post

Now you make it, and people will buy it! Not the other way around.!

I will not be sending any money until at least some of the headers are made and prove to fulfil ALL your promises! If that means that I miss out... So be it! But I am not in the business of funding an R&D project...

We switched manufacturing facilities three times and had about 5 different designs to satisfy all your guys needs. We ran numerous dyno runs to get the sizing and piping to get the gains we wanted , but we didn't get the final dyno printout, because the final set will have finished merge collectors that will have more power increases, and I only want to publish the dyno sheet until we got before and after numbers on these. I'll get the prototype back from the factory and do the dyno results on the prototype if that is what you all you guys want. I'll have to wait at least a week to get the prototype back here, and then at least another week for some dyno time. For the price (Less than half of what any other retailer is selling a comparable system with our features) and the guarentee, you can't go wrong.

The reason why I didn't ask for any deposit before, and I am only asking for it now, is that I didn't want to do so until they are FOR SURE going into production, which is now. And also to keep everyone honest to each other and the board that signed up is for sure commiting themselves.

Our Double Guarentee is in place to secure any of these worries, and I assure you that the gains from our system will meet or exceed any comprobable header system out on the market, as has been verified by all of our other systems we design (power throughout the entire curve). If our track record on performance isn't enough then it may be ok for you to wait until the Group Buy is over. Otherwise if you are willing to take the challenge, save nearly $700, and get in on this one time Group Buy that won't happen again at these crazy prices, then give me a call 916-717-8151 (personal cell) and I would more than be happy to discuss everything with you.

Anytime you want I can give a full refund of your deposit, and your name wil be taken off the list.

yaynsx said:
.....IS THIS THE BEST YOU CAN DO LANCE????? What about any discounts for people who bought the ztek ver1 exhaust from you allready and were 95% satisfied??? Shouldn't they get the same discount as if you were buying a ver2 exhaust and headers. Can't you come up with a better deal if more people commit at the same time or something???

The price is in the range, I stated before that I said that I would offer the headers at $740-$825, and I am offering the 95+ at $795 and the 91-94 at $825, well within the range. I hoped at the beginning of the thread, that I would be able to offer free shipping but I didn't want to sacrafice a few bucks for quality and performance. Adding the modulability of the ball and sockets, and using higher quality tubing and flanges, as well as being able to offer the lifetime warrenty and buy back guarantee, rose the price the few bucks.

The harnesses are not necessary to install the headers, and it is quite frankly very easy to just extend the wires with some wire and connects. They were an after thought; I only even made them available because of demand from you guys.

Honestly, this is the absolute best price I can get without losing money. You know that this price is a huge amount lower than any other system on the market, and we offer a LIFETIME GUARANTEE that will save you $ in the long run, should anything happen.

OK, for those who have purchased a ver.1 previously or will purchase a ver.2 at the same time I will offer "FREE SHIPPING" for the headers. :biggrin: :biggrin:

AND, I will offer $20 discount if 35 or more members get on the GB.

Last edited:
OK, for those who have purchased a ver.1 previously or will purchase a ver.2 at the same time I will offer "FREE SHIPPING" for the headers. :biggrin: :biggrin:

AND, I will offer $20 discount if 35 or more members get on the GB.

SOUNDS REAL GOOD REAL FAIR
THANKS LANCE

I think the price is still very reasonable if the quality is good. Come on people, put the year of your car next to your name so we can get a date at least.

Back