• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ZTek Headers test fitting (LA area) + Group Buy, Want to particpate?

clr1024 said:
OK, what diameter primaries are you using and what diameter collector? Look forward to pics and test results:smile:

We have been testing a few different primary diameters. Should have the exact dimensions in a few days, as we are going to be running them on the dynojet this week.

Update: We may now be using a stainless crack-proof flex section instead of a ball and socket or metal bellow section. (The type of flex we have tested to use has pass all stress and heat tests better than the others) =)

down boy, down!

clr1024, you go get 'em tiger!
icon_rambo.gif

As it seems alot of the queries have been exhausted (no pun intended! :tongue: ), I just have this to add...

Please go for the best welds/seams and materials (stainless steel grade, etc') for the money. It was a good point presented above, about the difficult/time-consuming installation usually left to be performed by a tech' (there are DIY'ers, but very few for headers-swap). I'm instramental on this because I am going through having to deal w/ removal/re-installation of my aftermarket shocks/struts for a second time to diagnose a problem.

Talk about PITA and a b1tch-slap on the pocketbook!?! :eek:

Come'on guys/gals, let's the GB under $600... :biggrin: (what do we need, 100 or so committments)

Re: down boy, down!

Osiris_x11 said:
clr1024, you go get 'em tiger!
icon_rambo.gif

As it seems alot of the queries have been exhausted (no pun intended! :tongue: ), I just have this to add...

Please go for the best welds/seams and materials (stainless steel grade, etc') for the money. It was a good point presented above, about the difficult/time-consuming installation usually left to be performed by a tech' (there are DIY'ers, but very few for headers-swap). I'm instramental on this because I am going through having to deal w/ removal/re-installation of my aftermarket shocks/struts for a second time to diagnose a problem.

Talk about PITA and a b1tch-slap on the pocketbook!?! :eek:

Come'on guys/gals, let's the GB under $600... :biggrin: (what do we need, 100 or so committments)

Yes well contrary to what it may seem, I am not trying to be a PITA. Just don't want to end up with my car dismantled and not sure what to do. Also want to make sure they are competitive with whats out there.

$600 I am all over that!

Pending on price hopefully between $600-750 shipped and other details discussed above^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Interested in ZTek Headers Group Buy:
1. Yaynsx
2. shinny930
3. smooth
4. Osiris_x11
5. Oyagi
6. Sincity_Nsx
7. lightguy
8. Nihilation
9. 96GoldNSX
10. clr1024 (on price)
11. the0ne (awaiting pics, in the mkt.)
12. Veleno (QA/QC assurance)
13. 92NSX (QA/QC & hardware inclusive)

I hope you can get a few ready by the end of the month. My car will be in the shop for a clutch hope you can get your headers done by then. :biggrin:

Thats what I am hoping, I am hoping lot of interest will speed up the development of these headers and be at my front door allready:biggrin:
If you are interested or in the market for some new headers please show your interested by adding your name.....

Pending on price hopefully between $600-750 shipped and other details discussed in the posts above^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
1. Yaynsx
2. shinny930
3. smooth
4. Osiris_x11
5. Oyagi
6. Sincity_Nsx
7. lightguy
8. Nihilation
9. 96GoldNSX
10. clr1024 (on price)

yaynsx said:
Thats what I am hoping, I am hoping lot of interest will speed up the development of these headers and be at my front door allready:biggrin:
If you are interested or in the market for some new headers please show your interested by adding your name.....

Pending on price hopefully between $600-750 shipped and other details discussed in the posts above^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
1. Yaynsx
2. shinny930
3. smooth
4. Osiris_x11
5. Oyagi
6. Sincity_Nsx
7. lightguy
8. Nihilation
9. 96GoldNSX
10. clr1024 (on price)

Thanks for all the interest, BTW, can you post the year of your car, because the design is different depending on the year.

PS - I am pushing as hard as I can with my engineers and the manufacturers, but great going, the list is looking great. Hopefully my boss will let me get by at around $740-$825 a set, depending on year =), but more definte pricing and dyno results very soon.

1. Yaynsx
2. shinny930
3. smooth
4. Osiris_x11
5. Oyagi
6. Sincity_Nsx
7. lightguy
8. Nihilation
9. 96GoldNSX
10. clr1024 (on price)
14. CDX_NSX (price/quality/dyno) - '93

You mention $800-$999, the higher the price gets, the more I'm likely to go with something SoS sells that's proven. $800 and I'm in, $999 and I'd have to think about it.

1. Yaynsx
2. shinny930
3. smooth
4. Osiris_x11
5. Oyagi
6. Sincity_Nsx
7. lightguy
8. Nihilation
9. 96GoldNSX
10. clr1024 (on price)
15. robr ('91) if you can deliver within two weeks - my old CT (DC) headers rusted through and I failed emissions. I need headers *NOW*.

ZTekExhaust said:
We have been testing a few different primary diameters. Should have the exact dimensions in a few days, as we are going to be running them on the dynojet this week.

Update: We may now be using a stainless crack-proof flex section instead of a ball and socket or metal bellow section. (The type of flex we have tested to use has pass all stress and heat tests better than the others) =)

I just noticed you're talked about switching to a flexpipe, that was the achilles heel of the old CT/DC headers and why I'm in the market for a new set. My flex pipe rusted through. It took 10 years but I'd prefer it not be an issue at all.

robr said:
I just noticed you're talked about switching to a flexpipe, that was the achilles heel of the old CT/DC headers and why I'm in the market for a new set. My flex pipe rusted through. It took 10 years but I'd prefer it not be an issue at all.

We are going to be using a different flex pipe than the ct or dc, stainless steel flex, guarenteed not to rust. Plus Lifetime warrenty! If anything should happen we'll make it right, no other header manufacturer is going to do that.

great to know... is two weeks realistic? maybe three? i just checked my sticker and i have one month left before i have to have new headers on and go back to get retested for emissions. thanks!

SINCITY_NSX said:
I have two weeks untill I need to buy a set.

Pushing as hard as I can, looking like 3-4 week, possibly less or more, lead times are backed up right now... it like everyone wants mandrel bends this time of the year. =) lol.. n e ways, i'll keep u guys posted.

Ok, please keep us up to date on timing and price. I need to make my decision in two weeks and I'd consider taking my chances on driving with a rejection sticker an extra week if need be if the pricing is right.

Are they ready yet? :)

Dayumn.... it's only been 3 days? Is this where that patience thing comes in to play? Never had to use that before, I'm out of practice.....

If we can fill 15 spots thats 3 times the spots I am sure Lance were expecting on this first group buy for headers, I am sure he can do the price right. He said earlier $740-800 depending on the quantity, but with 15 people $700 shipped sounds right for the group buy so everyone on the list can buy it.
So lets move on to when it will be done looks like end of May, early June, not bad.
1. Yaynsx- 91 nsx
2. shinny930
3. smooth
4. Osiris_x11
5. Oyagi
6. Sincity_Nsx
7. lightguy-91 nsx
8. Nihilation
9. 96GoldNSX
10. clr1024 (on price)

Why do you guys keep changing the "pending on this price" above the entire list? Lance said $740-$825. If you're in for that amount, put your name down, if not, then don't put your name down (or put down the price you'd be willing to pay next to your name), but don't change the pricing for the entire list. I'm in for Lance's target price of $740-$825. Whoever put $600 above the entire list, come on, get real. Are you in for $740-$825 or not?

Yaynsx, you inadvertantly removed my name from the list you just quoted above.

1. Yaynsx
2. shinny930
3. smooth
4. Osiris_x11
5. Oyagi
6. Sincity_Nsx
7. lightguy
8. Nihilation
9. 96GoldNSX
10. clr1024 (on price)
15. robr ('91) for original proprosed price of $740-$825.

Back