You can take the man out of the place, but you can't take the place out of the man.

I think it actually looks kinda neat. Of course I would probably never do it to one of my cars, but when you've got silly amounts of money, why not right? The only downside I can think of off the top of my head is probably the weight factor. Is it hard to clean chrome? maybe thats another down side, but im sure this guy doesnt wash his own cars...

to each his own...

Very nice actually Just don't lean on the car when its hot.:biggrin:

mar2lam_1.jpg

mar2lam_2.jpg

mar2lam_4.jpg

mar2lam_7.jpg

It looks to me like the paint has been stripped off, the metal panels polished, then clear-coated.

If you are going to get blinded by reflective glare, may as well be from your own car. :biggrin:

i like it :biggrin:

at least this car will be immune to laser weapons :biggrin:

btw i can't wait to see chromed out ballistic missiles and airplanes =)

Apapada you beat me to it with the mercedes artwork. :)

apapada said:
I remember the first time I saw a fully chromed vehicle was a Mercedes back in 2004. So he's not original either...

2004-Mercedes-Calendar-005.jpg

2004-Mercedes-Calendar-010.jpg

Actually I've heard that these Mercedes' were wrapped i chrome, some kind of foile (don't know how to spell it...) - so they were not painted in chrome.

Can somebody confirm that?

But I've seen something waaaaaay cooler than this; For a while ago I read about some guys who "scratched off" the paint of a M3 E46 and polished the steel/aluminium - it looked so good I wanted to lick my screen :D

And, this one's a real badass;

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

a8_1.jpg

a8_3.jpg

a8_2.jpg

This is a Audi A8 tuned by the wellknown german Audi-tuner MTM. I remember talks about 450-500 hp twinturbo V8 engine (this was before the S8, so it was/is the meanest A8 engine atm). MTM want about 10.000 euros for this special job; The car itself is made of aluminium (like our beloved NSX) so they just "scratch" the paint off, and polish it bigtime, and chrome the parts which are not made of aluminium :) I was just googling fast and found these pictures but if you want to find out more type "chrome mtm a8" in the Google search bar and hit Enter. ;) The interior is amazing too, on the arabian A8, I remember light coloured leather and so on, very comfy but sporty :)

Btw this type of painting/chroming is not aloud in Norway :tongue: Because of the sun-reflecting-the-car-other-get-blinded problem hehe :D

killer reflection in snow...

nuccaJB said:
If you guys really dig this, then here is another one:
http://www.bmwquebec.com/viewtopic.php?topic=137&forum=4

I would rather have flat black. JMO :rolleyes:

The Audi A8 & BMW 3-whatever... chrome-paint, correct?!? :confused:

I'd LOVE to have that, except in black (black-chrome!)... :cool: (If I ever need a re-spray on my NSX, I'm gonna look into it)

Here is a pic that us NSX enthusiasts would appreciate, whether we agree about the "chrome" treatment or not.
The NSX being on top. :biggrin:

chrome1.jpg

Pointless. And for that matter, once 50c does something to one of his cars, you know the fad is over and it's time to walk away. "Once it goes ghetto, it'll never go back." Best way to stay ahead of the fad curve, is to stay away from the fad.

there's really no substantial weight difference as the chrome treatment is actually a painstaking multi-layer paint job. (like chameleon, and other kandy paints, etc). and while the final product may looks awesome for sometime, due to weather, environmental issues, the paint tends to change color. primiarily due to oxidation. from what i know/hear... the owner of that widebody m3 posted above, had his car turn into a sorta yellow/champaign colored chrome after a while. basically it went from a clean silver to a gold-er color because of the oxidation. and if that being true, its only a matter of time before 50-cent will have to re-spray his car. and unless he plans on keeping it forever, or sell it to a guy who likes celeb-preowned cars... i can't imagine what its going to do to the resale value on a murci roadster!

Juice said:
... Best way to stay ahead of the fad curve, is to stay away from the fad.
I agree wholeheartedly.

nicholas421 said:
Yes. Had he been raised in Hinsdale, IL he certainly would agree how distasteful this is.

Ouch dog! For your info I was not raised in Hinsdale. I was raised an army brat that lived in some bad neighborhoods as a kid. I live in hinsdale because am I worked my ass off and still am.

I'm still waiting to see anything like that in the Ghetto, then I will be able to steal it.
I have seen them in the Ghetto of Ft. Lauderdale and one time the BMW was at Daytona.
Wish I had grown up in that ghetto.

Juice said:
Pointless. And for that matter, once 50c does something to one of his cars, you know the fad is over and it's time to walk away. "Once it goes ghetto, it'll never go back." Best way to stay ahead of the fad curve, is to stay away from the fad.

Fads are usually STARTED in the ghetto..and end up in SUBURBIA!! Once it hits suburban kids THEN its way past over!

like the great guru Chef from South Park once said:

Chef: "We started sayin "in the crib", then so did white folks...
then it went to "in the hood", and ya'll started saying that too..
then we changed it to "in the hizzouse, then hizzie, then foshizzie"..
and now we just say flippidy, floppidy, floop!"

Mr Garrison: "Quick, now lets get back to the flippidy, floppidy, floop!"

Chef: "Aw crap!"

:biggrin:

She said, "You can take a man out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of the man!" :biggrin:

ParisModel said:
You can take a man out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of the man! LOL. :smile:

Back