• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

worth the extra money????

Hey guys,

Got two to see.

One's £19,000, 100,000 miles.

Other's £30,000, 15,000 miles and a targa

Is it financially more sound to go for the Targa, or is the 100,000 miler going to be just as reliable?

Cheers in advance,

Steve

I would definitely go for the Targa if it's within your budget. The difference in mileage is huge.

-Awais

------------------
2001 QuickSilver Corvette Coupe - Not Stock [503 RWHP, 545 RWTQ]

2002 Black Acura 3.2 TL/S

www.RacingFlix.com

Awais,

It's about ten grand out of my budget, but I got stung real bad on my FD when I bought it 'cheap'.

If I give up women, food and anything fun, I should be able to afford the monthly repayments!!!!

Targa does sound real tempting though.

I take it it's quite a rare model?

Cheers

Steve

Originally posted by scarysteve:
Targa does sound real tempting though.

I take it it's quite a rare model?

Steve,

All NSXes from 1991-1994 are coupes
Targa's are the norm from 1995-present
See the FAQ HERE for more info on the model year changes.

Obviously, the newer the car the more expensive it will be if all else is equal. THIS is a good pricing guide for the US market. I assume the UK (after currency exchange) follows a similar trend.

I don't think you will find that the NSX is anywhere near as unreliable as the FD, but I still would buy an NSX is as good condition as is possible (mileage and maintenance). Also, I wouldn't stretch the budget terribly thin, as things like timimg belts, tires, clutches, insurance can add up and get expensive quickly.

Good luck in the search, and welcome to the forum.

I wanted a targa also but decided to go with coupe instead. Little heavier car due to more body reinforcements.
JMO

------------------
ALL NSX
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

Back