Winter Upgrade Questions

Hey Everybody!

Ive picked up some advan model 5's on ebay, came with some damage, but for the price its not bad (745). Do you have any suggestions on where to take them to get some cosmetic issues fixed? I also need help selecting tires, spacers?, and thinking of how to make them look right (maybe lower the car a little bit)

Also, Was thinking about powder coating my calipers, getting drilled rotors and some new pads.

Any suggestions/friends in the biz that may do excellent work/pricing?

Thanks
Jason

I think most dealers send wheels out to Transwheel for repair; they used to have a facility in the Chicago area but I don't think they do any more. Wheels America pulled out of Chicago too. And I'm not sure whether Keystone still does wheel repair locally. The one place in the area I could find is Wheel Tech in Highland Park; I have no personal experience with them, but I'd give them a shot. Otherwise you're looking at shipping your wheels to places like Transwheel, Wheels America, Wheel Collision Center in Pennsylvania, or Ye Olde Wheel Shoppe in Maryland.

You could just go to your local Acura/Honda dealer and ask them where they send their wheels out for repair......from all the repairs I've seen, they all look great when they return.

Thanks for the info guys, I shot wheel tech an email and we will see how that goes. I don't think they powder-coat brake calipers though. I talked to a place last summer but lost their contact info. I thought they were southwest of the city. I have NO idea what their name was.

Would you suggest powder-coating the OEM parts, or saving up for BBK's?

Jason

Would you suggest powder-coating the OEM parts, or saving up for BBK's?
I wouldn't bother with powder coating, but that's aesthetic and a matter of opinion.

As for a big brake kit, are you having problems with the stock brake setup that make you think you need more braking? In most cases you don't need big calipers. Unless you're doing it for aesthetic reasons, in which case...

I've taken my bent wheels from my daily driver to Wheel Tech several times. Good shop.

I called wheel-tech in HP and met with them the other day. They are working on the wheels now. I also went ahead and ordered some Yoko advan AD08's. Thanks for the referral!

The shop doesn't look upscale but the cars in the bays were all very nice. Must be one of those places that people in the know go to for work on their wheels.

Jason

Back