Why are Norcal NSX'ers so inactive?

Carlos, I'm glad you came on and told us and me in particular how you see it. Staying serious, I have to agree with your take, but something happened when we missed a couple of meetings in a row at the beginning of the year when they overl apped multible day runs we had with other clubs. We come back and everybody is pissed. Was there some kind of beef at a meeting or was there all of a sudden an exodus of attendees?

I can only compare this club to other successful clubs to gauge what may or may not be happening.

You can say what you want about the viability of a team, business or car club and the players, workers and members that give it life. However (and I include myself), to truely be successful it starts at the top and you can't aurgue with that. Therefore it is us, you as acting president, the board members and anyone else that volunteered to do something no matter how small it may have been. We've got nobody to blame but ourselves, the ones that members look up too. When things got a little edgy we all bailed with our tail between our legs. We couldn't finish what we started. It ain't the members fault.

How do I know this, I know because winners don't give up when losing gets tough, or when business slows down or when members don't get involved.

So ultimately, thats why other clubs that I'm part of thrive. It's all about a half dozen winners working together thru everything that our NSX club has experiencd and has yet to experience.

If those leaders work and stick together without becomming discouraged their efforts will be rewarded. If the members see strong leaders they will come!

Now I dare somebody out there tell me I'm wrong and that Carlos' original push for a local NSX club can't succeed!

There is no reason why we can't try again. Everything is in place we just need a new attitude!
Very will said Jack..bill :wink:

I doubt it had anything to do with your absence due to your trips..

There was a breakdown within the leadership group, that I can discuss with you offline..

I admit I could have done better, I have my character flaws.
At the end of the day I could see the lack of interest and involvement by almost all combined with the contention within the leadership.
I decided it was better for me to focus my energies on personal matters.

The word was put out for nominations for new leadership positions and people were nominated but the process seems to have died at that point.

The fascinating fact is no one has noticed the Chapter is kaput!

It's not my wish or preference to see the Chapter fail. I wish the Chapter could succeed and if someone wanted to take up leadership role I would be more than eager to participate and contribute.

I have my doubts from what I have seen from the membership to this point.
I wish to be proven wrong..
+1 i'm in

I also miss the chapter events, and really hope things start up again. In particular, I was looking forward to the upcoming picnic (which we discussed might even involve a tour of a historic ship), but now wonder if that is still happening. I am glad Yolanda and Jack are pushing to restart things, and I support them.

Chip

I also miss the chapter events, and really hope things start up again. In particular, I was looking forward to the upcoming picnic (which we discussed might even involve a tour of a historic ship), but now wonder if that is still happening. I am glad Yolanda and Jack are pushing to restart things, and I support them.

Chip

Thanks Chip, were not dead yet and with a little resuscitation, some adjustments, lower expectations, less formality and mostly a new carefree way of doing things I see a nice second half comeback.

We're working with a couple of people that we all admire (especially Yo and I) and IF we can assemble just a small dedicated group who will not become discouraged or frustrated with trivial distractions (whether real or imaginary) we just might be able jump start our little NSX club for everyone or anyone to enjoy!

Positive feedback or ideas would greatly be appreciated. We're not asking for anybody to do anything unless they want to. However if someone volunteers to do something, (in the words of 49ers coach Mike Singletary "we want winners") that they will come thru as promised.

I think it's time to jettison any negative posturing and try and let this special group resurrect a legit home for our NSXs!

"To compete, you have to be strong, to win you have to be smart"

Yojack

Last edited:
I'm in. PM me especially if you need help with ALMS or anything else near Monterey.

were not dead yet and with a little resuscitattion, some adjustments, lower expectations, less formality and mostly a new carefree way of doing things I see a nice second half comeback.

Yojack

Good approach. I think that approach will serve the Bay Area Chapter well in the 2nd half. In Sacramento we identified our Chapter's mission as "1. Have fun. 2. Give back to the community".

Basically, keep it simple for best results.

Last edited:
Back