Which car would you take? SC NSX or 996 TT?

Which car would you take, a super-charged 2000-2003 NSX or a 2002-2003 Porsche 911 Turbo? Just want to get a few different perspectives. I love both cars :D

Thanks,

-Awais

I guess a lot of it depends on how much you like the waiting room for the service department at your Porsche dealer. If they have free Starbucks and strudel it will make the hours you spend there more pleasant. :p

O-Ace said:
Which car would you take, a super-charged 2000-2003 NSX or a 2002-2003 Porsche 911 Turbo? Just want to get a few different perspectives. I love both cars :D

Thanks,

-Awais

I'll take the Porsche as I already have the NSX. :)

Well, I see it this way.

911 TT is 420HP and $120K.

NSX is 290 HP and $90.

So, you could take your 2004 NSX to Gerry, get it TT for $20K and still be $10K less than the 911 and SMOKE it. (Gerry is doing an OBD2 car now I think)

If you look at SC options. Take a 9lbs CTSC at $10. Now you are at $100K. This car is fast, but probably pretty close in performance to the 911 Turbo. And you save $20K!

If the NSX is the car you love, but you are just dissapointed in the power, there are many ways to solve that.

I say TT the NSX O-ace and make us proud!

I go with the 9lb Comptech because it is a legal kit, plus the fact is when comparing it to a 996TT, it will come down to the driver big time. Although, I have seen 9lb NSX beat 996TT before.

NetViper, the turbo kit looks good and makes the power, but I don't know if it's a proven setup. Gerry's car is the only one I know of with the Turbo setup. I think the Comptech is a pretty reliable setup that makes decent power. Anyone else making a turbo setup for the NSX?

-awais

steveny said:
Would the mods on the NSX void the factory warranty?
No, but the warranty would not cover any repairs of problems attributed to the mods. Which also leaves open the possibility of disagreements regarding the cause of any problems.

Will factory warranty covers the CTSC and all the other CT parts installed by the dealer? I remember reading an automotive magazine when CT first introduced the SC to the NSX that it will be covered under factory warranty.

steveny said:
Money no object the 996 TT in Silver. Would the mods on the NSX void the factory warranty?

If money is no object, why worry about the warranty issues? If you can pay 120K for a car, a few repairs shouldn't really hurt your pocketbook.

If that is a concern, the comptech 9lbs, I/H/E plus some weight reduction would be the best setup IMO.

O-Ace said:
Well, lets be real...money is an object, so weigh that in as well :)

-awais

OK.. real life here:

Get a 2000 NSX with the extended 7 year warranty. (55k)

Get the 9lbs SC (10K guess?)

Get the I/H/E ($3500)

New clutch ($2000)

New Brakes ($4500)

Boost guages etc ($1500)

New wheels and tires ($5000)

Labor / miscellanious ($5000)

Total 86,500.

That is one BAD ass machine.

PS. I am sure i forgot something..

NetViper...good point. Well, don't be surprised if you see my screen name as "highest bidder" on a few eBay auctions :D

-awais

Another thing to keep in mind is, my C5 will stay, so I can always get my "power fix" by taking the C5 out :D

There is also that CTSC that was at NSXPO 2003. Lud told me it was making 385RWHP which is more than the 9lbs kit. That would be a nice addtion.

If you want to save money, get a 97 NSX and keep the 10K for repairs..

NetViper said:
There is also that CTSC that was at NSXPO 2003. Lud told me it was making 385RWHP which is more than the 9lbs kit. That would be a nice addtion.
I thought the CTSC and Comptech 9lb SC were the same thing :confused:

O-Ace said:
I thought the CTSC and Comptech 9lb SC were the same thing :confused:

CTSC is just Comptech Super Charger.

Then there is the 6lbs and 9lbs.

But there was a new one that Lud told me about that was neither of those. I think it used a larger unit. I was not there.

NetViper said:
CTSC is just Comptech Super Charger.

Then there is the 6lbs and 9lbs.

But there was a new one that Lud told me about that was neither of those. I think it used a larger unit. I was not there.
Anyone have any details on this?

O-Ace said:
Another thing to keep in mind is, my C5 will stay, so I can always get my "power fix" by taking the C5 out :D

O-Ace. I thought the thing that sold you on the 911 was the power? If you are keeping the C5, then why not just get the NSX? I have not driven a 911 Turbo, so I don't know what it is like, but I sure want to try :)

NetViper said:
O-Ace. I thought the thing that sold you on the 911 was the power? If you are keeping the C5, then why not just get the NSX? I have not driven a 911 Turbo, so I don't know what it is like, but I sure want to try :)
The power is pretty insane in the 911 and on the highway, it just keeps on pulling. It's just an entirely different car. If I get the X, I will have to mod it out whereas with the 911, just a chip and exhaust will put it at 500+ hp.

-awais

O-Ace said:
The power is pretty insane in the 911 and on the highway, it just keeps on pulling. It's just an entirely different car. If I get the X, I will have to mod it out whereas with the 911, just a chip and exhaust will put it at 500+ hp.

-awais

So if you got the 911, would you sell the C5?

NetViper said:
So if you got the 911, would you sell the C5?
No. I really like the C5; and I've spent too much on it. Just ordered a set of C5-R headlights with Stage 2 HIDs for it today :cool:

Back