Which car would you take? SC NSX or 996 TT?

Hi O-Ace !

It is an honnor to have a Corvette and sportscar fan like you in our site.

Vive les open minded people ! :)

Question:

supposing that both cars could achieve the same performance level, which one lights you more when driving it?

That's the answer IMO.

If money does really matter, so modding an NSX will do the job and the $aving$!

You can also put all your love and $$$ on a light clean Zanardi...

Regards

effer

There was a 2001 99TT for sale in auto trader of Québec for 144K $ CAN !!! ( 110K $ US )

Check hebdo.net

Last edited:
effer said:
Hi O-Ace !

It is an honnor to have a Corvette and sportscar fan like you in our site.

Vive les open minded people ! :)

Question:

supposing that both cars could achieve the same performance level, which one lights you more when driving it?
effer, thanks; this is a great community of car enthusiasts!

I don't really have an answer for your question though since I've driven the NSX and the 911 turbo, only once. I would need some more seat time to really be able to answer that. At this point, I'm looking for a good deal either car. If I get the NSX, I will probably go the CTSC route (whatever highest boost kit is available :D)

-awais

O-Ace said:
effer, thanks; this is a great community of car enthusiasts!

Thanks! Hours pleasures! :)

O-Ace said:

I don't really have an answer for your question though since I've driven the NSX and the 911 turbo, only once. I would need some more seat time to really be able to answer that.

Do you actually have a slight preference towards one?

O-Ace said:
At this point, I'm looking for a good deal either car. If I get the NSX, I will probably go the CTSC route (whatever highest boost kit is available :D)

O-Ace, either choice you can't go wrong and go for the one that you will appreciate the most when you will get behind the steering wheel.

IOW have fun and get seat time! :) :)

Have you take a look at hebdo.net ?

P.S. what is the signification of awais ?

I think the NSX looks better than the Porsche, and the view from the driver's seat is better as well. But the TURBOS sitting right behind you in the 911 more than make up for it :D

Yes, I did check that website but I believe it's Canadian. From what I know, Porsche does not honor warranty on cars purchased in Canada so I didn't really look through it.

effer said:
P.S. what is the signification of awais ?
It happens to be my name ;) It's a Muslim name. Sorry, but I don't have any specific historical details for you.

-awais

As great as the NSX is, I would go with the 911. It isn't something you can explain - it goes back to what you drooled over as a kid, what car you glued to the inside of your locker, what object you dreamed about as you polished your beater in high school...

One isn't "better" than the other, just...different. The same principle applies to how you view the fairer sex. The lust has to be there, the passion has to be stoked. What does it for you?

For me, the "keep your eyes on the prize" goal has always been the TT. In a way, I'm almost scared to buy it, simply because I wonder if it will live up to my expectations. Sometimes it's more fun imagining than owning.

Yeah, this is all corny - but I seem to spend an awful lot of time thinking about this stuff!:p

To each his own! As Yakov Smirnoff would say, "what a country!"

Todd

I can't say I EVER had pics of porsches on my wall. They are nice cars, but I really can't say I have drooled over one. I think the new Carrera GT is awesome, but that is really the only porsche I would put on my wall.

For me it would be a ferrari or lamborghini. Those are the posters I had. I would love to own a 1992 512 TR one day (though those that have driven them tell me i would be dissapointed compared to the nsx). Still, to me that was one of the most beautiful cars ever made.

Although the NSX is my love--symbolically like a wife, the TT is simply the mistress--the one that taunts and is extremely sexy. Not saying that I would ever be unfaithful, but in this situation the 996TT (as of now) is the better car (disregarding price). If it were up to me it would be a no brainer: 996 baby!

ravi

NetViper said:
If money is no object, why worry about the warranty issues? If you can pay 120K for a car, a few repairs shouldn't really hurt your pocketbook.

If that is a concern, the comptech 9lbs, I/H/E plus some weight reduction would be the best setup IMO.

The money still would not be the object. As Ken pointed out in his post.

No, but the warranty would not cover any repairs of problems attributed to the mods. Which also leaves open the possibility of disagreements regarding the cause of any problems.

For me this would be a frustration and stress issue not a money issue and the reason why I would chose the 996.

i'll refer you to my previous comments.....another 9 months behind the wheel of the 996 TT....it crushes everything else on the track or the street....performance wise its not even close....no offense to the NSX owners.....12 years is a long time at the top. In 1991 it must have been a quantum leap.....interested to see how the new NSX fares when it arrives. Also interested in the new Lotus Elise......I know there is a company that drops NSX engines in them....now that would be interesting!

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=15317

Last edited:
Sancho said:
Will factory warranty covers the CTSC and all the other CT parts installed by the dealer? I remember reading an automotive magazine when CT first introduced the SC to the NSX that it will be covered under factory warranty.
Not true.

Comptech has an agreement with Acura under which Comptech parts can be purchased from, and installed by, Acura dealers.

Comptech parts are covered by Comptech's warranty. The rest of the car continues to be covered by Acura's warranty, just as it is when any other brand of aftermarket parts are installed. (This is probably what was claimed in the magazine - although they probably didn't mention the part about any other brand receiving the same treatment.) Also, the dealer may offer a warranty on the installation of the parts; if so, they do so themselves, and it might not be honored by other dealers.

The trouble you can get into is when Acura claims that a Comptech part caused a failure of an Acura part. For example, let's say that the stock clutch or transmission fails, and Acura (the dealer staff and/or Acura's regional or zone service folks) determines that it was caused by the added power of the Comptech supercharger. It's possible that you end up with no recourse but to eat the cost of the repair.

Back