Wheew, missed me by that much...

The last storm gave me and my NSX a close call. We got clobbered by over 2 feet of the wettest snow I have ever seen. Took down two trees litteraly around my garage and missed nailing the NSX by about 3 feet. I feel lucky, as we lost power for 4 days but nothing was damaged.

Tytus

Attachments

• 2010-02-26 Winter Storm 014.jpg
    2010-02-26 Winter Storm 014.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 76
  • 2010-02-26 Winter Storm 012.jpg
    2010-02-26 Winter Storm 012.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 80
  • 2010-02-26 Winter Storm 063.jpg
    2010-02-26 Winter Storm 063.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 99
  • 2010-02-26 Winter Storm 010.jpg
    2010-02-26 Winter Storm 010.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 88
wow.

looks like the front tree missed your house too.

at least now the weather's warmed up a very mild 50.

how was getting around with the 911 turbo with blizzaks the past few snow storms? plowing a little bit?

Gotta tell ya the Bizzaks are great; nice quiet ride, great traction, reasonable handling for snow tires on dry pavement. A bit squirley when pushed but these are snow tires after all.

The turbo would need some more ground clearance to deal with untracked powder but up until 5" to 6" it is fine, after that you need an SUV. But the AWD is great on the snow and ice covered plowed roads and the Blizzaks stop very well in those conditions.

Tytus

did the rest of the house escape from damage?

i love the blizzaks. i've had the older WS-50's for 3 years now for the winters and i love them. convinced a few friends to get winter sets too and they're amazed that driving in snow is easy...ground clearance is the only problem i have had with my lowered integra.

taking more bear mountain runs when the weather gets better? i would love to join you and others up there and do some photo shoots.

Seems like Global Warming can't kick in quick enough....

did the rest of the house escape from damage?

i love the blizzaks. i've had the older WS-50's for 3 years now for the winters and i love them. convinced a few friends to get winter sets too and they're amazed that driving in snow is easy...ground clearance is the only problem i have had with my lowered integra.

taking more bear mountain runs when the weather gets better? i would love to join you and others up there and do some photo shoots.

Rest of the house if fine, but who cares as long as the X is unscathed!

I can't wait for the Bear Mountain Runs either; I'll put something together as soon as the thaw is over and the roads are safe. Last year we had an incident as there was still some wet spots on the roads from the melt and rains. One NSX did a 360 and grazed the edge of the mountain with his front bumper. We don't want to repeat that again.

Tytus

Time to cut down the rest of those trees that are in close proximity. Can't let anything happen to that beauty.

Back