What is the lowest price do you THINK the NSX will be worth?

Unbelievable read. If one really is that concerned about status, perceptions, re-sale values, afford-ability to 'kids', brand linage, how your peers modify their cars, and other such elitist jumbo... then joining the Ferrari club is the perfect exit strategy from lowly 2K/NSX ownership.

When you finally do 'step up' to one, just do me a favor and bring it up my way. Because, I want to be watching from the grand stands when my 19yr old friend in his $9,000 'bastardized' red 300ZX with "the 6' wing" and 'ugly wheels' spanks you lap after lap.

I'm going to ignore that. I wasn't meaning to be judgmental or rude, it is what it is. My prime concern was with the value of the car. When I saw its slide in value, I sold it to get as much out of it as I could.
Here's the car by the way. The dealer I sold it to promptly put it up in the Dupont Registry. He got a mint for it.

z.jpg

Here's the car by the way. The dealer I sold it to promptly put it up in the Dupont Registry. He got a mint for it.

Oh, most definitely they fell out. Still, it seems to have a good cult following that wouldn't fret the dupont's listing fees. A little on the heavy side, but for the price I've seen some very, very nice modified ones fall into good capable hands and do relatively well on track for what they are. There was a beautiful silver in on one of the mags a few months back. With rides like the new Evo and STI, etc.. I'd think that most core turbo enthusiasts have already moved on. :smile:

There are two nsx's currently for sale in hawaii. One I've seen it here on nsxprime a few weeks ago (maybe its sold). The other one is on the local newspaper classifieds online. Both are the na1's and I think its 91 and 92. Asking price for both are over $30k and both have low mileage. I dont worry about the younglings being able to afford or diminish the classy look of the nsx because I had the hardest time getting mines even though I got mines in the mid $20k range. I got mines in CA and I live in HI. Hawaii's number of nsx is very limited. I heard it to be 19. Besides all that, if you were to sell your nsx, you would want to sell as high as you could and you have a big chance on selling it at your asking price. Im not saying make it outrageously expensive for the young crowd and not being able to sell it. Im saying you're targeting the more mature prospect future nsx owners. My brother bought his 91 from a business owner. The seller did not sell the nsx to anybody else besides my brother because the seller liked the way my brother handled their meetings, my brother's attitude and his style. I guess its not all about the money. What Im trying to say is that we (owners) have a control of that and ultimately, the Nsx are just very rare. :wink:

I can only speak for Switzerland/Europe but I don't think all NSX's will be 'bastardized' (what a word! :)) by young people, beating the shit out of the car and sell them if they're tuned to death. Every car model attracts those people, very obviously the s2k but the market splits into segments like the rarely seen garage queens and the track-rats. Young people will mostly buy a track-rat because of the price and garage queens won't sell cheap.
Young people won't be offended by the price of the car because there a plenty other cars around (Impreza, Evo etc.) to have fun. But the maintainance and insurance costs of an NSX makes sure that the silly boys keep out.

Back