What is my nsx worth????

4th gear has had no real affect on driving the car other than that gear is missing. Ive drove it for almost 6months that way cuz to fix it is an expensive undertaking. It is still pretty qucik due to the fact I raced at the track and barely got into 3rd and ran a 13.60. Didnt have to use 4th. Granted it does bringt the value down and is a headache, it does not make this inoperable.

You should hope the 'buyer' doesn't read this statement before purchase! :eek: Track raced, drag raced and driven for six months in that condition. Let us know how this turns out. *speechless* :eek:

fast93nsx said:
You ready for this, car would be looked over, any bodywork needed would be done even though there isnt any bodywork need other than 2 dents i can fix or call dent man to fix, car would be perfectly taped, then painted and put in bake booth in order to let paint cure for proper time. I guess a place that does vipers, mercedes, bmws and stuff like that do crappy paint jobs. Before you criticize me, look at the big picture and see that people might have connections and not have to pay 5 grand for a 5grand paint job, i just dont wanna pursue it and jsut wanna get rid of the car.

You ready for this? Just because you paint shop paints Mercedes and other cars does not mean they paint them well. There is still a difference between crappy paint jobs and good ones, and usually you have to pay for the time and materials. If you 'connection' is just taping off the car and not actually removing parts, then I hate to break your heart, but that is NOT a high end paint job.

As far as criticisms for you, look at the facts:

1.) You say you are selling the car to start a business.
2.) You then say you are selling it to start a new car project.
3.) You claimed on your first thread that you bought the car for a 'great ass deal', which was less than your '95 Accord from what you said. To me this means you can afford to sell it for what you have in it, which may be a good deal for everyone involved.

I do not mean to cause you distress, but your car has generally been presented by you as having major problems which you feel are 'no big deal'. This does not bode well for how you may have treated other items like timing belts and such. Most of the people on here have bought and sold more NSX's than you may have experience with, and have a much better idea of the value of that car than you may appreciate. Just something to consider.

ajnsx said:
You should hope the 'buyer' doesn't read this statement before purchase! :eek: Track raced, drag raced and driven for six months in that condition. Let us know how this turns out. *speechless* :eek:

Agreed. His statements loosely translate into this:

'I bought this car 6 months ago needing work. Instead of fixing much of anything, I drag raced the hell out of it and managed to blow out 4th gear in the 6,000 miles I have driven the car. It is not big deal really, I mean....who uses 4th gear?? I live my life a quarter mile at a time...and for those 10 seconds or less, I am free. Let some other poor schmuck pay the money to fix this car.' ;) :D

fast93nsx said:
I wanted this forum to end but..... Bum tranny? 4th gear is messed up, top mechanic told me prolly shifter bearing or fork. One taken apart easily fixed. Paint? another easy fixed problem. I wanted to get second opinion so i let my friend drive it and he said the car is worth every penny, lke any normal, non-nsx owner would...

I was going to just ignore it, but your seemingly profound ignorance just baffles me. You said your friend drove it and said it was okay, a friend who has NEVER OWNED AN NSX!! How the heck is your friend qualified when he has NO experience with owning, operating, or dealing with broken NSX's??

By the way, unless your 'top mechanic' has torn down several (and by that I mean more than 10) NSX's, I fear he is not qualified. Heck, the certified Acura techs at most dealer have never torn one down!!

But when you come on here and try and talk like you know everything about this cars history, when by your own admission you do NOT, it is not favorable to start copping an attitude when we shine the light on you for selling what is essentially a project car. While this may be hard for you to take, you got lucky buying an NSX for $8,000 and should feel lucky to DOUBLE your money by selling it to someone else for $16,000 and lettint them fix the thousands of dollars in work the car needs.

NetViper said:
Personally, I think each time he says "prolly" the asking price goes down another $500 :)

Okay....so that annoyed someone else besides me?? I thought I was the only one... :smile:

CerberusM5 said:
My money is on the under.

There is a reason why this car was sold for $8k last year. I would guess there are other unknown/undisclosed issues. In fact, it is very likely it has been in a collision considering the stated mismatched paintwork. I'm curious how it looks inside.

This car is a major "fixer upper" looking for an owner willing to spend the time and more importantly the money bringing it up to par. Hopefully the next unsuspecting owner is up to the challenge.

I would really love to hear the real story behind how this poor car ended up in an impound lot with no wheels, no keys, and all sorts of other problems. :frown:

Meeyatch1 said:
I would really love to hear the real story behind how this poor car ended up in an impound lot with no wheels, no keys, and all sorts of other problems. :frown:

I would like to know the real story of this car as well. It is a real shame to see a great car like the NSX trashed by nonenthusiast owners. Unfortunately, I doubt we will ever know the real history of this car, since the saga continues for this neglected NSX. :frown:

It would be a shame to see this person make a profit selling this can of worms to a prospective, but uninformed buyer. On the other hand, if he offers full disclosure that would be fine, but I doubt it.

Ken, what's the line on full disclosure? :biggrin:

fast93nsx said:
The fact i piad 8000 means nothin, i gota hell of deal from someone that didnt know what they had.

I knew it. There it is. I know this kid. The paint is mismatched. The body is OK. The interior is in standard shape. I would buy it off of him for the 8 grand he put into it in the first place, but it needs work to be acceptable. No way would I pay 15 grand or whatever rediculous number he has in mind. I know who he talked to about the tranny, and it wasn't Kyle who is the only guy in this city I would trust to actually do the job. Anyhow, Lindsay Acura would just screw you in the end. Trust me. :mad:

Bottom line, you got a good deal kid. But not a great one. I know it is nice have a car like the NSX, but did you really think you could flip it for a large proffit? I would love to buy this car from you so I can give it to my girlfriend as a gift/track car, but I would only be willing to pay you what you paid the last guy. If you want it sold I live accross town and can pick it up tomorrow. If your holding out for $$$, good luck in your quest.

It seems such a shame that this car is going to be ignored into disrepair. There is still the time to save it and bring it back into the fold but alas; I fear I already know the outcome of this story. He probably would rather sell it to another unsuspecting 2? yr/old who wants to look cool but does not have the financial where with all to resuscitate this poor NSX. Not many people outside our little click here would care this much, but knowing the car in question makes this more personal. I still remember the day I heard that this car had been purchased for 8 grand and who had bought it. I'm not playing down fast93nsx, but the seller of the car obviously did not care for the car in the first place. Now comes the day that I knew would come, and predictably he is trying to jack the price on the next guy. Can't blame him, but I can't back him either.

What a waste. I would forgo the paint and body and concentrate on the drive train and start doing a track car build up. ~10 to 15 grand later it would be a great toy for Mid Ohio on the weekends to supplicate my show car NSX.

Juice, do you know what the VIN is on this car?

Juice said:
It seems such a shame that this car is going to be ignored into disrepair. There is still the time to save it and bring it back into the fold but alas; I fear I already know the outcome of this story.

Yep. I would like to get my hands on one like this, that I could bring back from the dead, yet not have so much wrapped up in it that I was scared to daily drive it. My fear would be that if something like the tranny has been ignored, then other things have too. OTOH, he did say that the TB and WP were fresh, so I'd be willing to give some benefit of the doubt on that, assuming those records are available. At $10K I think this car has a chance of being brought back. If he continues to look for $20K+ it will never sell, or will sell to an unsuspecting buyer who will then be stuck. At some point somebody will decide that the best they can do to get their money out of it is to leave it in the bad part of town or have an "accident".

I scanned through this very quickly but am I correct in reading he bought it for $8000?????? That insane! I'd give 10,000 and plan on a full rebuild of the tranny regardless of condition, new clutch and flywheel since you're in there and plan on a properly done repaint to the tune of $5000 or so. Then I'd have my perfect daily driver NSX that Meeyatch has me wanting to get now..... :biggrin:

nsxtasy said:
Heavy betting on the "under" has driven the over-under down to $8K. :D

I'll take the over. :biggrin:

I just can't believe he is trying to double his money on the car. And here I was thinking that cars depreciate in value. :rolleyes:

Any luck on finding out the VIN?

Mike

I seriously doubt this person will post the actual VIN number because it will be known to all prime members, both future and present. I also assume that the seller will just sell the car and withold all information and even not mention this site at all, or any relation to this site. Clearly this seller's intention is a financial gain since he sounds convinced to themselves how much the car is worth. For future reference, I think this thread is not going to go much further, and the owner will probably just open a new account to avoid harassment.

Not really. He doesn't care to be a part of this site in the first place. He is just a kid. He is not an enthusiast. He doesn't care. Hopefully having his NSX got him laid like he was hoping for. And no, I don't know the VIN.

I'm sure we won't ever find the VIN either. I was just hoping someone could get it and we could all know the true history of this car. I don't know why he won't post back on here. Yes, he has gotten some harrasment on here, but others have also expressed that they may want the car to track. He could at least sell it and either break even or make a little bit. I'm sure some on here could care less about the paint being mismatched if they are going to turn it into a track car. The tranny wouldn't be that big of a deal if you knew what you were doing and/or had connections.

Does that guy even post here anymore? Where does he live, if anyone knows? Just go over to his house and check the vin. I'm pretty sure he won't mind. We should have NSX Police. Protect the NSX and save them from kids/people who don't really know how to appreciate it.

I doubt we will see the owner post again on this thread. It would be great to have the VIN to warn future buyers of this problematic car, but that will not happen. It is clear this person cannot afford to own an NSX, which is evidenced by it's complete state of disrepair. Wait till his clutch goes out, then he will definitely not need fourth gear anymore. I agree with Juice, that this person is just a wannabe and is not an NSX enthusiast.

My advice to the owner is to sell the car and be a stand up individual by disclosing all the problems up front. If you are lucky, maybe you can make a little profit and spend it lowering that Honda Accord.

Engel07 said:
I feel bad for the 93 NSX owners...you have become a victim now within the NSX PRIME....

I'm not sure what that means. Care to elaborate?

conclusion, after VN# is found...k?

Engel07 said:
I feel bad for the 93 NSX owners...you have become a victim now within the NSX PRIME....

hmmm... I believe Engel07 referring to the orginator of the thread, fast93NSX, as a pariah or 'prey' of members of 'Prime.

Anyways, I just have this to say about this whole witch-hunt now (it's getting a bit dragged out, in so many words)...
:biggrin:

Attachments

• dedhorse.gif
    dedhorse.gif
    9.9 KB · Views: 149
spartan2-3 said:
Can someone hook me up with a $1000 paint job? :confused:

JH4NA1158MT002570-a.jpg

I wouldnt mind if the color is "slightly" mismatched :biggrin:

wrecked.jpg

I think you guys chased him off- last post was Feb 5th....
Also, did you the notice the Florida State plates on this car...really surprised there hasn't been some crack about that :tongue:

Back