What is my nsx worth????

fast93nsx said:
Its wrecked it got 19000? It would take 10-15000 jsut to fix that car and thats lowballing it

Its a targa with known cosmetic damage.

Yours is a coupe with unknown previous damage and a bum tranny.

I wanted this forum to end but..... Bum tranny? 4th gear is messed up, top mechanic told me prolly shifter bearing or fork. One taken apart easily fixed. Paint? another easy fixed problem. I wanted to get second opinion so i let my friend drive it and he said the car is worth every penny, lke any normal, non-nsx owner would. Ill invite any person to drive the car and tell me your impressions. Oh i forgot, its inoperable and a parts car evven though its not. A totalled nsx went for 10000 by my house and u say mines worth 12000-15000. That red targa does not just have cosmetic problems. Did airbags deploy, suspension messed up in rear??? Mine truly was not in accident, just side repainted, prolly cuz it was keyed or scratched. carfax shows no wrecks. Guess you guys took my honest comments way to far and derived this car is total mess. I said those comments in past post in order to justify the price i bought it from. in actuallity none of that is really treu. Can any of you tell me if paint is mismatched from pics. Does this not look like normal nsx??? Please pick something from pic that is wrong. The fact i piad 8000 means nothin, i gota hell of deal from someone that didnt know what they had.

One last comment.

I still love you man no matter what...but please make sure you disclose everything about the car to the next buyer.

Let me correct something before I go. Carfax DOES NOT tell every history about the car. Did you know that? I can prove it to you that I have seen car in an accident (ie...hitting a pole at midnight), but never reported in Carfax. If a body shop guy wreck his car, then he'll fix the car without anyone knowing about the accident.

Also, since you DO NOT know why it was painted, then you can't conclude that the car was not in an accident. As an ordinary citizen looking at your car with mismatch paint is going to say "ding ding ding" - must have been in some accident.

I doubt you'll be able to sell the car on this forum based on the current condition and price, but you might want to try to find a high school/college student who has 25K laying around (you'll have a very tough time finding that buyer for that price). Good luck though!

fast93nsx said:
If i would have never said 4th gear is messed up i dont think it owuld have went this far.

You're a funny guy. You ask this forum a question but you refuse to accepr the answer. :rolleyes: I hope this isn't going to be your MO when you sell it. As others have said here, disclose everything you know about this car.

fast93nsx said:
I wanted this forum to end but..... Bum tranny? 4th gear is messed up, top mechanic told me prolly shifter bearing or fork. One taken apart easily fixed. Paint? another easy fixed problem. I wanted to get second opinion so i let my friend drive it and he said the car is worth every penny, lke any normal, non-nsx owner would. Ill invite any person to drive the car and tell me your impressions. Oh i forgot, its inoperable and a parts car evven though its not. A totalled nsx went for 10000 by my house and u say mines worth 12000-15000. That red targa does not just have cosmetic problems. Did airbags deploy, suspension messed up in rear??? Mine truly was not in accident, just side repainted, prolly cuz it was keyed or scratched. carfax shows no wrecks. Guess you guys took my honest comments way to far and derived this car is total mess. I said those comments in past post in order to justify the price i bought it from. in actuallity none of that is really treu. Can any of you tell me if paint is mismatched from pics. Does this not look like normal nsx??? Please pick something from pic that is wrong. The fact i piad 8000 means nothin, i gota hell of deal from someone that didnt know what they had.

You see it as "Totalled one's go for between 10 and 20, so mine's worth more." I see it as "Wow, whoever paid 10-20 for a totalled one just got hosed."

I can't believe you're fretting that you paid $8K, drove it for a year, broke it, and could still come close to doubling your money. You've done what very few are capable of - make money on a car deal.

[Engel07]... but you might want to try to find a high school/college student who has 25K laying around (you'll have a very tough time finding that buyer for that price)...

hmmm... not impossible, such buyers do exist :wink: (but if they have a brain, they know of http://www.nsxprime.com & would be well prepared!)

[fast93nsx] ... The fact i piad 8000 means nothin, i gota hell of deal from someone that didnt know what they had.

hmmm... oh more than likely they knew what they had! I reckon that person got the NSX for a $3-4k buy-back from the insurance or salvage auction & basically just doubled the asking price (uhhh, that's the usual protocal... I'm not a neuroscientist or anything- wait I am!) :biggrin:

The only insight I can offer is that: to be in a position to perhaps get $21-23k, you will have to solve the paint issue on the passenger side (or wherever it is), fix the transmission (sans 4th gear or snap-ring or worn synchro or Paris Hilton's missing Chihuahuah... it's still a red-flag to would be buyers). You've already been wise to do the much needed timingbelt/waterpump & other maint'/service that was due. :smile:

Otherwise, you will have to accept the reality that mid-teens is fair value of your car. :redface:

nsxtasy said:
The over-under on betting is now $14K.

My money is on the under.

There is a reason why this car was sold for $8k last year. I would guess there are other unknown/undisclosed issues. In fact, it is very likely it has been in a collision considering the stated mismatched paintwork. I'm curious how it looks inside.

This car is a major "fixer upper" looking for an owner willing to spend the time and more importantly the money bringing it up to par. Hopefully the next unsuspecting owner is up to the challenge.

nuts and bolts about paint

Ok, Because mines yellow it might make a difference. My paint man tells me that the paint for my car is about $100 a quart. put 5 quarts of paint on your car ( I'm being stingy) and we are at $500 without tape, reducer or labor. Then, The gloss is $400 a gal and I'm told to Not be cheap here.....buy 2! You will have about $1500 in OEM material (without labor and the money [time] spent in the paint booth) Tell me again how you can get a good paint job for around a grand? (my car is pearl and I'm not even adding for the cost of that)

Last edited:
fast93nsx said:
carfax shows no wrecks. .
Then why not post the VIN and let us do some research.

fast93nsx said:
Guess you guys took my honest comments way to far and derived this car is total mess. I said those comments in past post in order to justify the price i bought it from. in actuallity none of that is really treu. .
How can we believe you are telling the truth when you just admitted that you lied to us last year?

fast93nsx said:
The fact i piad 8000 means nothin.
It means that is what the car was worth at the time... and by your own admissions you havent done anything but drive it in a "broken" state for the last year. Who knows what additional damage you have caused internally to the transmission and maybe even the engine itself..?

If the car was meant to me driven without 4th gear I'm quite sure Honda would have designed it around a 3 speed tranny? :rolleyes:

I Will offer you $12,500 for the car ( conditionally ) And will bring with a certified check for that amount. If you choose to take that I will fly out and look at the car.

fast93nsx - Considering your integrity, or what's left of it, is on the line here, if you're serious about selling this (especially to a Prime member) then you should disclose your location and allow the members close to you to go check the car out and post their findings.

Personally, I think each time he says "prolly" the asking price goes down another $500 :)

Can someone hook me up with a $1000 paint job? :confused:

JH4NA1158MT002570-a.jpg

I wouldnt mind if the color is "slightly" mismatched :biggrin:

wrecked.jpg

fast93nsx said:
4th gear has had no real affect on driving the car other than that gear is missing. Ive drove it for almost 6months that way cuz to fix it is an expensive undertaking. It is still pretty qucik due to the fact I raced at the track and barely got into 3rd and ran a 13.60. Didnt have to use 4th. Granted it does bringt the value down and is a headache, it does not make this inoperable.

I really mean no offense by this...just want to give you a reality check. Not having 4th gear work at all DOES have a real affect on driving. Just because it may or may not disrupt your 1/4 mile times has no bearing on anything other than a possible idea why likely abuse killed your 4th gear. For people that drive in the city a lot (like me)....skipping from 3rd to 5th is a pain in the butt, and downright unacceptable when buying this caliber of car. Your theory may work for selling a used Civic, but NOT an NSX. Sorry man....but that is the truth for about 99% of the market for this car.

fast93nsx said:
Im just trying to get a fair estimate but 6000-9000 worth of work?? First off paint job is not that much, a good job from a good place would be around 1500-3000 if jsut paintn outside. trans prolly around 1500- but u could buy a used one from scienceofspeed and put it in. Does not need a clutch because last owner replaced it.
Nadaguides( http://www.nadaguides.com/Values/Va...MakeId=1187&VehicleId=1231&Year=1993&ColorId=)

with 96200 mile says in ok shape 29400. so even if u had 6000 worth of repairs that would make it a 23000 car. I just really dont wanna pursue fixing this car up so i thought i would sell it and start a new project

Ummm....your numbers are way off. You can get the outside painted for $1,500-$3,000 if you are okay with substandard to average quality work...an OEM quality paint job will cost you over $5,000-$6,000 easily on this car with the proper prep work done.

You may be able to get a used transmission for $1,500-$2,000 with some good searching, and that really is something you should think about doing. Plus you would have to pay labor to have it installed. That is, unless you want to lower the price or sit on the car for a while.

What's the VIN on this car? I might be interested, but will want to run my own "carfax".

Back