What is APPLE planning?

A total of 20 billion coins, deliver hope to finish this week.

In case you needed any further proof that this is a hoax, the total nickel (5 cent coin) production by the United States Mint for 2011 was "only" 914 million coins, and that's on the increase from previous years.

So to fulfill this order you would need the entire nickel production for well over 20 years.

I rather doubt that there are even 20 billion nickels in circulation.

LOL -- this is what passes for Good News in the Apple world:

Windows 7 overtakes XP as Mac OS X passes Vista

However, there's also good news for Apple in the August stats: the total Mac OS X user base now outstrips that of Windows Vista. Apple's combined share of the desktop market -- counting versions 10.4 and after of OS X -- Apple has a 7.11 percent share, while Windows Vista takes 6.1 percent.

So the total marketshare of ALL Mac OSX versions has finally passed the ever declining share of just the WORST version of Windows -- and this is Good News. LOLOLOLOL....

LOL -- this is what passes for Good News in the Apple world:

Windows 7 overtakes XP as Mac OS X passes Vista

However, there's also good news for Apple in the August stats: the total Mac OS X user base now outstrips that of Windows Vista. Apple's combined share of the desktop market -- counting versions 10.4 and after of OS X -- Apple has a 7.11 percent share, while Windows Vista takes 6.1 percent.

So the total marketshare of ALL Mac OSX versions has finally passed the ever declining share of just the WORST version of Windows -- and this is Good News. LOLOLOLOL....

I don't think that's ever going to change, so I don't know why they even bother making the comparisons.

Slow news day at cnet, I guess.

Trust me, Mac OS users weren't counting the days until their numbers passed Vista. :)

guess it will pick up next week when they announce the new iPhone.

And the week of waiting begins...

Screen_Shot_2012-09-04_at_9.04.10_AM_610x565.png

I'm really surprised they are going to call it the iPhone 5.

Me too. I figured with "the new iPad" that Apple had stopped with the numbers. After all, they don't number MacBooks (at least externally -- my current Mac is a "MacBook 10,1") nor iPods (I lost track of what generation they're up to).

And the week of waiting begins...

Screen_Shot_2012-09-04_at_9.04.10_AM_610x565.png

WHERE did you read they were gonna call it the iPhone 5??
They haven't mentioned one bit of information about it.

It's the 5th gen - but it will be called "iPhone" or the new "iPhone".

-J

The 12 shadow 5? Yeah, that's an official Apple picture. The lady with the box flats -- not so much.

I was just thinking, what if the 5 relates to the actual sale date? as in Oct 5

Way too many leaks. I can't believe there won't be repercussions for certain contractors….like the PRINTER LADY. Seriously, why allow someone to take a picture of your face unless you don't care about your job?

(edit) Actually, I don't believe they would actually write "The New iPhone" on the box so I am inclined to think that is fake. It would be just "iPhone" if it is unnumbered, or "iPhone 5" if they number it.

Last edited:
The right answer is: we will find out on the 12th.

My guess is that the shadow 5 is a hint to journalists/the public that they will announce the "iphone 5" on the 12th.

However, the naming will be consistent with the "New iPad" wherein they drop any numbers and just call it the "iPhone" or "New iPhone."

What you can be sure of is it will just be an evolutionary step of the iphone, much of the technology just catching up with Android (LTE, larger screen, etc.). The phone will sell like hotcakes despite this, and will cause all sorts of frenzy in the media.

I would double down on phone cases, and short fedoras and mocha lattes. Gotta save from somewhere, right?

:D

The right answer is: we will find out on the 12th.

My guess is that the shadow 5 is a hint to journalists/the public that they will announce the "iphone 5" on the 12th.

However, the naming will be consistent with the "New iPad" wherein they drop any numbers and just call it the "iPhone" or "New iPhone."

What you can be sure of is it will just be an evolutionary step of the iphone, much of the technology just catching up with Android (LTE, larger screen, etc.). The phone will sell like hotcakes despite this, and will cause all sorts of frenzy in the media.

I would double down on phone cases, and short fedoras and mocha lattes. Gotta save from somewhere, right?

:D

I was thinking maybe the 5 relates to the actual release date, as in Oct 5, perhaps?

But then there's this:
This picture is a fake. Notice the YouTube app still in the picture.
Way too many leaks. I can't believe there won't be repercussions for certain contractors….
I like you am totally surprised by how many leaked parts/pictures we have seen for this gen iPhone. Cook @ D10 claimed they were doubling down on secrecy...what the hell happened buddy?
Nope, this guy has it right.

http://jherrman.com/2012/09/the-naming-of-things/

The reason Apple dropped model numbers with the iPad has seemed obvious to me for months: because they’re going to be selling the current “new iPad” alongside the yet to be announced iPad Mini.

Think about it, if Apple kept the model number then consumers would have to choose between the iPad 3 and iPad Mini. What would Apple do for the next version of the iPads? Would we have an iPad 4 and iPad Mini 2? Obviously this isn’t a good naming strategy, so Apple chose to simplify everything by dropping the model number from the iPad family name.Now that Apple has sent out invitations to the new iPhone event with clear hints that it will be called the iPhone 5, the only thing we can be pretty sure about is that Apple will not introduce an iPhone Mini/Nano alongside the iPhone 5. When Apple finally does drop the model number from the iPhone, expect an iPhone with a new form factor to be introduced within a year.
I doubt it. I think it'll be available immediately or by the weekend at the latest, but certainly not almost a month away.
Sept. 21st is when you can purchase the phone in stores. They will allow for pre-orders to begin as soon as the announcement is over.

So in one day Apple will introduce the world to the Iphone 5. I have scoured the web and can't find one feature that will "WOW" the world.

Processor, ho hum others are already ahead.
New type of charging plug. Yawn.
A 4" screen, big deal, others have larger.
Software update integrating FB and better SIRI, mmmmmmmmmmmmm OK?
Longer battery life.......not so much.
LTE Who cares, WIFI and 4g is great for me.

Not one thing on the 'net says a better camera. How about a video camera that zooms? Perhaps better, louder speakers? How about SIRI learning that I live near Bradenton, not Bradington? ARRRRRGGGGG!!!! so damn frustrating. I am almost due for an upgrade. Nothing hardware wise excites me.

The only thing that I am "guessing" is that the new ipad mini will also be a phone. Old people would love that.

LTE Who cares, WIFI and 4g is great for me.

LTE is 4g.

As for the screen, I think it not gong to impress. It is only taller and not wider. Those using the phone or apps in portrait mode won't find it any better. Just my opinion.

There is no big wow with the iphone5 so far that I have read. Especially when all the features will be available on your 4S with the OS download.

Back