What is APPLE planning?

Why do you need to know? I just check mine every once in a while when it's plugged into the computer. iTunes will tell you how much memory you're using, what media uses how much, and what you have remaining on your iPhone, or the Apple TV (the old version like mine). I guess that's why I opted for the larger memory in the phone when I purchased it; I haven't been concerned.

I, like you, have had no troubles at all. I use it every day, and have for years. I'll just reiterate the sentiment - to each their own. :cool:

What would I like to know? Oh just basic info like the file size of my videos, podcasts, videos, photos, etc.

You know, stuff to help manage the space on the iPhone since it doesn't have an expandable storage. 16GB goes awful quick, with apps taking up a ton of space, video / music / podcasts / photos taking up more, and barely any room left for anything else.

Would be nice to view my usage on the go, and delete media if I need more room, to take additional videos like when I was on vacation, by determining which media is the biggest hog and deleting it.

But I don't live in a perfect world where my PC is always near me, so I guess yea, to each their own.

Last edited:
Let's take a deep breath and tone down the fanboy / anti-fanboy rhetoric, eh?

deepbreathing.jpg

There, isn't that better?

Thanks.

Let's take a deep breath and tone down the fanboy / anti-fanboy rhetoric, eh?

deepbreathing.jpg

There, isn't that better?

Thanks.

Much better, thanks!!! :biggrin:

Sorry for fanning the flames of this thread. I keep getting disappointed by my iOS devices and venting here always makes me feel better.

I'll keep it mellow. :smile:

What would I like to know? Oh just basic info like the file size of my videos, podcasts, videos, photos, etc.

You know, stuff to help manage the space on the iPhone since it doesn't have an expandable storage. 16GB goes awful quick, with apps taking up a ton of space, video / music / podcasts / photos taking up more, and barely any room left for anything else.

Would be nice to view my usage on the go, and delete media if I need more room, to take additional videos like when I was on vacation, by determining which media is the biggest hog and deleting it.

But I don't live in a perfect world where my PC is always near me, so I guess yea, to each their own.
You can do this on your phone without plugging into iTunes.

Settings > General > Usage - From there you can see what your storage is like & what you wanna delete or keep.

Skype is also on iPad for video and audio calls.

We couldnt get skype video to work. Not sure why. Tried several times. We got audio, but no video. We ended up using facetime.

question, if you have the same apple id on your iphone and ipad, can you facetime between them?

We couldnt get skype video to work. Not sure why. Tried several times. We got audio, but no video. We ended up using facetime.

question, if you have the same apple id on your iphone and ipad, can you facetime between them?

I tested two possibilities:

iPad is on apple ID, trying to call iPhone's apple ID which is the same one: Busy

iPad is on apple ID, trying to call iPhone's phone number: Works

That's weird. I did a 40 minute video call with my brother on Christmas over 3G from my iPhone, so it was working for me. However, near the end of the call when I started fiddling with the settings, the video stopped working. I assume it would have worked again if I hung up and redialed, but we were done talking anyway.

I tested two possibilities:

iPad is on apple ID, trying to call iPhone's apple ID which is the same one: Busy

iPad is on apple ID, trying to call iPhone's phone number: Works

Tried calling the number but it says not available. :confused:

I notice the iPhone cannot call the iPad, probably because it identifies with both my apple ID and my phone number. The iPad identifies with only the apple ID and perhaps that is why calls only go one way.

So what I did was add a secondary email address to my iPad's FaceTime settings. Now when I call that email from the iPhone, it works without a hitch.

Even Woz Thinks the Android Bests the iPhone

Even Woz Thinks the Android Bests the iPhone

Apple cofounder Steve Wozniak still loves his iPhone, but says in some ways, Android has leapt ahead.

“My primary phone is the iPhone,” Woz says. “I love the beauty of it. But I wish it did all the things my Android does, I really do.”

Woz says voice commands work better on Android. Android’s built-in navigation system, where the phone acts like a GPS system, is another advantage, he says.

The Android system also delivers better results, he says. “I have a lower success rate with Siri than I do with the voice built into the Android, and that bothers me,” Woz says. “I’ll be saying, over and over again in my car, ‘Call the Lark Creek Steak House,’ and I can’t get it done. Then I pick up my Android, say the same thing, and it’s done. Plus I get navigation. Android is way ahead on that.”

Last edited:
I am very interested in what Apple will be announcing Thursday. It's reported to be a toolset for authoring ebooks, something I've become very interested in these past couple months.

So, it's iBooks2 and iBooks Author. The authoring software looks to be almost exactly what I've been wanting, so I'm pretty stoked. Can't wait to get home and download it for a test drive.

Might be looking for an iPad owner or two to help me test my books. :)

So, it's iBooks2 and iBooks Author. The authoring software looks to be almost exactly what I've been wanting, so I'm pretty stoked. Can't wait to get home and download it for a test drive.

Might be looking for an iPad owner or two to help me test my books. :)

Agreed. This is added value that Apple provides that no one else can really match.

http://www.apple.com/ibooks-author/

I'll be downloading and trying this out tonight. It looks really nice. I bet there's a lot of people who have often thought about writing a book but didn't know how to go about getting it published.

I'd be happy to test drive your book.

-Jim

Last edited:
Open call - if you have an iPad with iBooks2 and want to test my first try at creating an iBook, drop me a PM and I'll reply with a link.

No nudie camps. I promise!

You can do this on your phone without plugging into iTunes.

Settings > General > Usage - From there you can see what your storage is like & what you wanna delete or keep.

No, you didn't read my post carefully enough. You can not see the sizes of your videos / photos / music without plugging it into the PC.

Not even on the latest iOS 5.0.1.

The new iTunes U sounds like a stupid idea, universally panned by almost all tech sites. Lock in educational media to iOS only? Sure... :rolleyes:

Education made more expensive, by paying 30% royalty to Apple, and keeping it on iOS only...

I noticed prime YouTube videos seems to be crapshoot. Sometimes they play great, sometimes not at all and sometimes they just play sound with no video. is there a setting I have wrong, or is that just how it is?

Back