what did you drive in high school

I graduated in 95... had an '89 Mustang LX hatchback. The four banger was a pig, but I loved it. Had it through 3 years of high school, 4 years of college, and a year after... only had to do a clutch and heater core. Not bad for $3000.

Extra car my Family had.
Talk about the Lady picking power :rolleyes: try an '81 Mazda GLC it was white/tan

800px-Mazda_323_Hatchback_1982.jpg

'66 honda cl77 (305 scrambler)

'57 ford fairline 500, t-bird 390 engine, manual 3 speed (only 3 & 4 actually worked)

from time to time, i got to drive our family's olds vista cruiser wagon. drive-ins were a fun date :)

'69 Yenko Chevelle........427/450HP Auto w/4.11's. 1st thing I did was peeled all the white plastic stripes off the body and the "YSC" letters off the headrests. It was a Fathom Green HT w/black buckets. If I'm not mistaken the MSRP was about $3600. The only giveaway was a small Yenko insignia I left on the on the dash.

I put Mickey Thompson Super Scavenger headers & Mickey Thompson wide ovals on the rear + a Hydromotive manual control valve body in the transmission....it would only shift manually and hard. I only have one picture and if I can find it I'll post it. It was sleeper that would eat just about anything on the street. (it was 1 of 99 Yenko Chevelles made in 1969)

A good friend had a '65 Z-16 SS-396 Chevelle, 4 speed muncie- Red w/black vinyl top. Unbelievable car in stock form. I think that car was 1 of about 200 made.

If only we knew then what these cars would be worth down the road! (BTW, my very 1st car was a Burgundy '63 Ford Falcon Futura 4 door sedan, 3 on the tree)

Last edited:
My 1st car and my ride in HS was a yellow 1967 Rambler Rebel SST Conv't. I lost pictures of it, but below was what it looked like, except for being yellow that is.

Attachments

• amc_6701.jpg
    amc_6701.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 113
I drove a white 1983 Dodge Aries K station wagon. I think it was only one ever made with a four speed manual tranny and front bench seat. :biggrin: I installed a kick-a$$ sony stereo and all of my friends learned how to drive shift on that car.

AriesKWagon.jpg

OMG!!! - My dad had a white '82 Aries K with a 4-speed and bench seats. The day he traded it in for an '87 S-10, the K-car started on fire right at the dealership!

I had a brand new Civic 1500S which I bought off the showroom floor for a whopping $6500! I made a deal with the folks. If I could make 80% of the price, they'd pick up the rest along with my insurance fees. I'd probably do the sam for my kids too, so they'd appreciate things a bit more.

2oclock_low.jpg

My 1st car and my ride in HS was a yellow 1967 Rambler Rebel SST Conv't. I lost pictures of it, but below was what it looked like, except for being yellow that is.

Another in our group built up a red AMX... very fast car - American Motors had a lot of factory aftermarket speed parts for their cars.

1980 Toyota Celica GT coupe...haha 'GT'
had a whole 98bhp. it was still fun lowered the hell out of it.

13 x 8 american racing vectors
pirelli P6's
toy store springs
bilistens

can't complain I didn't pay for it. I put 150k miles on it and traded it for a 84 supra type-s...much more fun

I used My feet everyday. Didn't matter if it was through 2 feet deep snow with -15 wind chill or a hot humid days.... lol. Although I did borrrow my dads minivan on Senior year which was nice. No longer had to walk through blizzards :D.

OMG!!! - My dad had a white '82 Aries K with a 4-speed and bench seats. The day he traded it in for an '87 S-10, the K-car started on fire right at the dealership!

I started off with the same car minus the manual tranny. I beat the hell out of it, went through 3 cams, countless tires, a passenger door, and rear bumper before getting into a slightly used 86 civic SI hatchback (which is still in the family)

I started off with the same car... went through 3 cams...

Yeah, Dodge replaced my engine because of excessive cam wear. There apparently was a manufacturing problem with the camshafts and there was kept hush hush.

I remember my buddy had a mint 72 Z28. He had the car for a couple of years and never had a problem with it. The day he sold the car both rear tires came off the car not even a mile from my buddys house. I still to this day think that car had a soul and it was pissed he sold it. The guy who bought it had nothing but trouble with it while he owned it.

Ah,,,, the memories ,130 hp with the bobcor IHE. This pic is not my exact car but a better pic than I have of my 79 which was silver.

Attachments

• s_moon_79_alfetta_sprint_veloce_racer.jpg
    s_moon_79_alfetta_sprint_veloce_racer.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 195
A beautiful brown metallic 1976 Ford Maverick!!!! Fond memories of and in that car...(it was my Mom's!) :smile:

How many times did you get stranded with that Alfa? I had a Lancia during college and I got stuck once for three hours on the side of the highway with a broken beam that supported the engine/tranny. The tranny was on the ground.

'69 Yenko Chevelle........427/450HP Auto w/4.11's. 1st thing I did was peeled all the white plastic stripes off the body and the "YSC" letters off the headrests. It was a Fathom Green HT w/black buckets. If I'm not mistaken the MSRP was about $3600. The only giveaway was a small Yenko insignia I left on the on the dash.

I put Mickey Thompson Super Scavenger headers & Mickey Thompson wide ovals on the rear + a Hydromotive manual control valve body in the transmission....it would only shift manually and hard. I only have one picture and if I can find it I'll post it. It was sleeper that would eat just about anything on the street. (it was 1 of 99 Yenko Chevelles made in 1969)

A good friend had a '65 Z-16 SS-396 Chevelle, 4 speed muncie- Red w/black vinyl top. Unbelievable car in stock form. I think that car was 1 of about 200 made.

If only we knew then what these cars would be worth down the road! (BTW, my very 1st car was a Burgundy '63 Ford Falcon Futura 4 door sedan, 3 on the tree)
You'd puke if you knew what Yenko's go for through Barret Jackson.:biggrin:

Back