Wednesday 10 am (ish) Caravan from LA to NSXPO

Hey everyone I would like to start a thread for anyone who is interested in leaving a bit eralier on Wednesday (10:00 am or so). We could plan to have lunch in Barstow or Baker and arrive at the hotel about 3:00 (give or take). this should give us enough time to register and get the cars clean for Thursdays events.

Also I am planning on heading back home on Sunday morning again around 9:00 or 10:00.

Any takers?:wink:

Steve, I will be going about those times and on the same days. We'll be going up the toll road (241) to the 91, then to 15 north. Perhaps we could join up at the McDonald's on the 15 at the 138, Cajon Junction?

BTW, I just made my South Point hotel reservations online, using the code for this event: NSX1027. I didn't have to call them. It came up online with the discount. I didn't think there was any savings compared to the AAA rate but for Wednesday arrival, and staying 4 nights, it came to $313.60 vs. $340.48. :smile:

I might leave at around 3 or 4pm weds....anyone up for it?

Hello Steve,

I'm now definitely going. I live near Pasadena, so I too will probable need to meet up with you somewhere along the 15, perhaps the McDonald's as suggested by Kyras?

OK,

I'm registered and have reserved my room (4 nights) at South Point. Unless I hear otherwise, I'll meet up with the group at the McDonald's at the Cajon Junction (does someone have an address?). Time????

I'm also signed for the track days.

I'll try and make it to the monthly meet in Costa Mesa to confirm everything.

Best,

Mario

Patty:

I just looked on Google maps in the street view mode and thare is not a McDonalds at the intesection of 138 and I-15. I do think this may be a good place to meet however. There is a Best Western Motel that wolud be a good place to wait for everyone to show up.

If we plan to meet at the Best Western at 11:00 then we can stop at Barstow at 12:00 for lunch.

The Best Western is at: 8317 US Highway 138, Phelan, CA 92371.

Whata you all think:smile:

By the way my plan is to leave at about 10:00 from Seal beach and drive up the 22 to the 55 to 91 to the 15 north. If I leave at 10:00 I will be at the Best Western around 11:00.

If anyone else want to meet somewhere sooner based on where you are coming from let me know.

Patty:

I just looked on Google maps in the street view mode and thare is not a McDonalds at the intesection of 138 and I-15. I do think this may be a good place to meet however. There is a Best Western Motel that wolud be a good place to wait for everyone to show up.

If we plan to meet at the Best Western at 11:00 then we can stop at Barstow at 12:00 for lunch.

The Best Western is at: 8317 US Highway 138, Phelan, CA 92371.

Whata you all think:smile:
Hey Steve,

That Best Western is about 10 miles off I-15. Not sure if that would make a good meeting point.

The McDonald's that Patty was referring to is in fact there. I see it all the time. And it's on the east side of the freeway, making access on the way to Las Vegas rather convenient.

-Randy

:smile: Just got back from a week in the forests of Cali...

I'm planning on being at the I-15 & Hwy 138 McDonald's on Wednesday, Oct. 27th at 11 am.

Question: How do you guys pack for two with an NSX trunk?? It's so shallow. I asked Jerry if he'd consider taking his S2000 just because of the trunk space issue. Am I bad? :redface:

I'm planning on being at the I-15 & Hwy 138 McDonald's on Wednesday, Oct. 27th at 11 am.

Question: How do you guys pack for two with an NSX trunk?? It's so shallow. I asked Jerry if he'd consider taking his S2000 just because of the trunk space issue. Am I bad? :redface:

You can pack some flat items (clothing) in the t-top clam shell space when your top is on. I do this when I need the extra room. If you need more room, the space under the glass engine hatch can be used, but you can no longer see through your rear view mirror. I have not done this.

Best,

Mario

PS: How many of us are in this caravan?

Last edited:
Looks like we have six cars so far...

1.Ca AGNSX (Steve)

2. MarineNSX93 (?)

3. Kyras (Patty)

4. mcano (Mario)

5. coolnsx (Gil)

6. unagijones (?)

What about FuryNSX (Randy)?

Hey Steve,

...The McDonald's that Patty was referring to is in fact there. I see it all the time. And it's on the east side of the freeway, making access on the way to Las Vegas rather convenient.

-Randy
11 AM, Wednesday Oct. 27th at ^linked McDonald's.

Last edited:
Anyone know what track we will be driving on? Is it Las Vegas Motor Speedway or somewhere else. Also, does anyone have access to a loaner helmet, small size, or where I can buy perhaps a used one?

Thanks,

Mario

Patty,

Its Vegas. LESS is better :biggrin: (Don't let Spokes Man see this post) ;)

I have been waiting to see when my crew would be heading to Vegas to make an official decision on what time I should leave. Steve, I like the way you think...the first option presented that doesn't require rushing or sacrificing sleep!

I will try to meet up with ya at the McD's.

I'm staying through Monday though...so I won't be returning to SoCal with you.

Last edited:
Back