V6 360 horsepower? Insider information?

Well you keep saying this and I have never seen it anywhere. If you find the link then I'd like to see it. That's very very ambitious. Not saying it can't be done, I hope they do, but that is a very tough thing to do. It's the Internet Perry, someone says something and next thing you know it's fact. I think it would be dumb on Hondas part to say anything like that even if they think they could. Don't you think that might have just been someone's opinion? You really think a car with this much, this many motors, batteries, safety gear, will come in SUB 3000? Like in the 2's? That would be a serious engineering feat and if they do it that would require applause alone, nevermind anything else.

Last edited:
Well you keep saying this and I have never seen it anywhere. If you find the link then I'd like to see it. That's very very ambitious. Not saying it can't be done, I hope they do, but that is a very tough thing to do. It's the Internet Perry, someone says something and next thing you know it's fact. I think it would be dumb on Hondas part to say anything like that even if they think they could. Don't you think that might have just been someone's opinion? You really think a car with this much, this many motors, batteries, safety gear, will come in SUB 3000? Like in the 2's? That would be a serious engineering feat and if they do it that would require applause alone, nevermind anything else.

LOL Pretty much what you said in the other thread but I'm not finding it for you:biggrin:

And you thought the Supra has 800hp? :smile:

His horsepower argument, however, has some validity. Weight is not a factor in top speed but top speed is a factor when it comes to judging supercars. The F40 being the first car to hit 200mph is a big deal. More weight means quieter, roomier, nicer interior, small correlation with better stability, etc. A GTR and Elise may have similar performance metrics in many areas, but anyone can daily drive a GTR and even among the hard core enthusiasts few would daily (much less a road trip) in an Elise.

For fun, track performance, and component/drive train durability a lighter car is superior to a heavier car with the same power to weight ratio. For daily driving, top speed, overall usability, the heavier car generally wins. And for the record I'd daily an Elise in a heart beat if I could afford it (I daily drive a sport bike 2-3 days a week, if it annoys me Lotus has a real problem).

I would be totally content with the NSX if it runs 11's as long as it can do it over and over again - regardless of the power figure. I think with 350-400hp n/a + 75-125 "boost" potential from the hybrid motors the car could still get decent fuel mileage and hang with the big boys.

Back