• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Used 02+ Front Bumper, NA2 bumper for NA1?

Hi Mike,

I hope all is going well and really looking forward to seeing finished product. Whilst we await the photo's are you able to offer an update to the possibility of offering this new front end for sale, details of costs and potential delivery times please?

I now have valance and sills sourced and want to try and co-ordinate bodyshop to do a complete makeover.

Any news/update appreciated.

regards, Paul

I apologize for not providing any updates for sometime as there was not much to add that wasn't stated in my last post. Plus, I didn't want to waste any bandwidth. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Paint was sprayed on the car recently and instead of having the guys begin the process of wet/color sanding, I asked if they could put some of the parts on the car to take a pic or two.

The attached pic shows the 02+ bumper with the custom front lip. There were actually two lips that were made. The first one with vents and the second one is without vents, (see second pic). I have to say the fitment of the custom lip is excellent.

We are talking with a vendor to re-produce the bumper and the custom front lip in polyurethane, which I presume will be the material of choice, provided the quality and the price is right. We can always do fiberglass if the numbers don't add up.

We are having a second bumper customized (like the one on my NSX) as the mold to be used in producing the bumper in either polyurethane or fiberglass.

mcbumper13.JPG

attachment.php

Mike

I'm so glad the custom bumper is done! But Mike.... you're killing me buddy! When will the bumper be ready for sale?? :biggrin:

Henry.

The attached pic shows the 02+ bumper with the custom front lip. There were actually two lips that were made. The first one with vents and the second one is without vents, (see second pic). I have to say the fitment of the custom lip is excellent.

We are talking with a vendor to re-produce the bumper and the custom front lip in polyurethane, which I presume will be the material of choice, provided the quality and the price is right. We can always do fiberglass if the numbers don't add up.

We are having a second bumper customized (like the one on my NSX) as the mold to be used in producing the bumper in either polyurethane or fiberglass.

Mike
Mike,

Wow :eek: looks even better than I had hoped. I am very interested in poly for both bumper and vented lip, subject to price.

Congrats on the results and all the hard work. Have you any idea on lead times for the parts please?

regards, Paul

just out of curiosity, what do you plan to do with the front tow hook?

mcbumper13.JPG

Mike

From your comments I assume this is still quite a ways off in the future.

Nice!!!!! Put me down for one for sure MIKE! Hmmmmmmm...02+ conversion $10k+ or the new MC_bumper for much less and still looks kit A$$. The decsion is easy...heheheh

mcbumper13.JPG

Mike

Mike,

i like your custom front lip and i also thought at some point to color-match mine. Later i realized this is the part that takes most of the rubbing and scratching. Since this started out of a TAITEC Tracy Sports bumper, would other aftermarket lips still fit ??

Cantrell Studios have a CF ducted front spoiler very similar to your custom lip but in satin black which won't be noticed the scratches as in a color-matched lip. http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produ...ts/NSX/Cantrell_Concepts/2002_ducted_spoiler/ (don't know how to post pic's :frown: , if its ok could anyone post the pic' for others to compare)

also, do you know what would hold more hit and damage ... fiberglass, carbon fiber or polyurethane ??

Mike
Mike,

Just a thought, but if you can produce in poly, have you considered to produce just the top half and we could buy lower OEM part from Honda?

This would potentially get this great update to market quicker, retain tow hook access for above request and also allow individuals the choice of splitter including 02+ OEM.

HTH

Regards, Paul

Last edited:
Mike,

Just a thought, but if you can produce in poly, have you considered to produce just the top half and we could buy lower OEM part from Honda?

This would potentially get this great update to market quicker, retain tow hook access for above request and also allow individuals the choice of splitter including 02+ OEM.

HTH

Regards, Paul

No 2002+ overhere, i thought it was one whole piece. I second Pau's idea, this would answer my questions.

Antonio

That new bumper really looks IMPRESSIVE !!

Would very much like to see more pictures. Fit and finish seem to be perfect too !!
Are there any weight differences between this new bumper and the old NA1 bumper ??
Also, would be very interested to know how this new bumper makes the car feel at high(er) speeds.

Mike,

i like your custom front lip and i also thought at some point to color-match mine. Later i realized this is the part that takes most of the rubbing and scratching. Since this started out of a TAITEC Tracy Sports bumper, would other aftermarket lips still fit ??

I have not purchased any lips available for the TAITEC Tracy Sports bumper to confirm fitment, but I would think that other aftermarket lips should fit including the OEM lip.

Cantrell Studios have a CF ducted front spoiler very similar to your custom lip but in satin black which won't be noticed the scratches as in a color-matched lip. http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produ...ts/NSX/Cantrell_Concepts/2002_ducted_spoiler/ (don't know how to post pic's :frown: , if its ok could anyone post the pic' for others to compare)

also, do you know what would hold more hit and damage ... fiberglass, carbon fiber or polyurethane ?? polyurethane
v

Mike,

Yes we have, which is the main reason we have sourced out a vendor who could produce this bumper in polyurethane. But, again its all about the numbers adding up.

Whatever route we take, whether its full fiberglass without tow hook, top part of the bumper in polyurethane, or one piece bumper with tow hook in polyurethane, we are doing the best we can to bring this to market as soon as we can.

HTH

Regards, Paul

That new bumper really looks IMPRESSIVE !!

Would very much like to see more pictures. Fit and finish seem to be perfect too !!
Are there any weight differences between this new bumper and the old NA1 bumper ??

See post #26 of this thread.

Also, would be very interested to know how this new bumper makes the car feel at high(er) speeds.

I don't know at this time, since my car isn't quite done yet. Maybe there are others here on the board that have experience using fiberglass parts (like replacing the front bumper) either on the NSX or other cars who are able to answer this question.

Hi Mike,

Thanx for taking the time to answer mine and other questions, and again, congratulations on a great project.

I will look forward to your updates in due course.

regards, Paul

Mike,
The project looks good, and knowing you, I have every confidence that its going to be top notch once its done.

If I was looking for a new bumper, I'd look for one w/ a good balance of cost and quality. Poly would be nice, but it costs too much and since most aftermarket bumpers are frp, might as well go w/ that. Make the lip spoiler poly - it needs to flex. RE: tow hook cover: although it would be nice, it doesn't make sense to start all over w/ a new mould and add cost to the project and to the finished product.

Thanks for providing the updates. I'm looking forward to seeing your car at some meets this summer. :smile:

Last edited:
Wow, looks great. If I don't go with a full 02+ headlight conversion this would definitely be the bumper I would get. It kind of makes you do a second take. At first glance you see the pop up headlights and think pre 02, but then you do a double take and see 02+:tongue: This bumper give you a unique look and offers a great alternative to a full 02 conversion. I like the vented front spoiler as well.

Knowing how Mike is a stickler for OEM like fit and finish, I bet this bumper will be great fitting and probably OEM like fit, finish and quality. I remember Mike's car when it was stock. I just wonder if his car has been in the shop getting new goodies added to it longer than he has actually driven it:tongue: It seems like the only time Mike drives his NSX is to the shop to get new parts added:biggrin:

Last edited:
Back