• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Used 02+ Front Bumper, NA2 bumper for NA1?

Supercar said:
Mike, what is the weight of this bumper compared to OEM 2002?

Sorry, I don't have an 02 bumper to compare it too. Although I did asked the guys at the shop if they have a scale to compare the weight of the NA1 bumper to the Taitec and unfortunately they do not.

However, they said based on picking up each bumber in its current state. The Taitec bumper with the factory mounting brackets is slightly lighter than the top part of the OEM bumber without the factory mounting brackets. This may not give the answer you were looking for... but, hopefully it helps in someway...

Mike

Supercar said:
Thanks for the info mike. Any updates on this project?

Yes, I'm replacing the 02 OEM sideskirts to Stacy's sideskirts with some custom work.

I have to stop adding more work to this project, otherwise it will never be completed :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Mike

MikeC -

That front bumper conversion looks great. It completes the lines of the 02 side sills and the 02 rear valence, but keeps the pop-up lights. It's genius!

Put me on the list too! I'd definately be interested in getting a copy of that.

Lets see it in color!

Yes, there is an update. The Stacy's side skirts have been modified to be less obstrusive at the rear of the skirt and they are now working on the custom front lip. They plan to paint the car by the end of the month.

For those that are interested in buying the bumper, don't spend all of your year end bonus or Christmas fund just yet. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Mike

MikeC_587 said:
Yes, there is an update. The Stacy's side skirts have been modified to be less obstrusive at the rear of the skirt and they are now working on the custom front lip. They plan to paint the car by the end of the month.

For those that are interested in buying the bumper, don't spend all of your year end bonus or Christmas fund just yet. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Mike
Thats not a problem!!:biggrin: I cant wait to get the front bumper from you.

Last edited:
In addition to the custom front lip, I forgot to mention that I decided to go with the Downforce hood instead of the VIS/SOS hood. So, Mike will have to do some custom work to make it fit with the pop-up headlights.

I think that's it for now.

Mike

Mike,

Thanks for all of the updates. Put me down for one as well.

Tim

Mike,

Still interested and have a question. Do the US spec have the headlamp wash as the UK models? Will this bumper be able to accept washer jets?

regards

Paul

Senninha said:
Mike,

Still interested and have a question. Do the US spec have the headlamp wash as the UK models? Will this bumper be able to accept washer jets?

regards

Paul

Paul, go JDM no washers.

Cheers,

AR

Mike, that bumper is the one that I've been waiting for. Do either you or the shop have any intentions on making a mold to reproduce it? That's the look that I've been wanting on my car ever since 2002.

Btw, looks great prepped so I'm sure it'll look fantastic when the car is painted. :smile:

Yes, I think its too early to start a Group Buy List.

I spoke with Mike at MV Designz regarding the complettion date of my project and with the custom front lip and having to customize the Downforce bumper to fit for pop-up headlights, we have set a completion target date of December 15th.

Once the project is completed and pictures have been posted for all to see. If there is still an interest after viewing the pics, a Group Buy list can then be started.

Mike

yaynsx said:
That front bumper looks great put me down for one also. Is it too early to start a group buy list??

Hi Paul,

The US spec bumpers do not have headlamp wash as the UK models. I presume a competent body shop in the UK can fabricate the washer jets into the bumper.

Mike

Senninha said:
Mike,

regards

Paul

Yes, after my project is completed (target date 12-15-06), there is intent to make a mold of the bumper to reporduce it.

Mike

DocL said:
Mike, that bumper is the one that I've been waiting for. Do either you or the shop have any intentions on making a mold to reproduce it? That's the look that I've been wanting on my car ever since 2002.

Btw, looks great prepped so I'm sure it'll look fantastic when the car is painted. :smile:

Last edited:
MikeC_587 said:
Yes, after my project is completed (target date 12-15-06), there is intent to make a mold of the bumper to reporduce it.

Just wanted to ad my name into the list of interested people...

And one question... you mentioned deciding on a downforce NSX-R hood modified to fit the pop ups... will this be availible too? I am hesitant to try the VIS hood.

T.J.

Mike,

MikeC_587 said:
they are now working on the custom front lip

Will the OEM lip still fit? How does this custom lip differ from OEM?
I can't afford to go to low due to road conditions. The flexible OEM bottoms out already!!:eek:

regards

Paul

thouchin said:
Just wanted to ad my name into the list of interested people...

And one question... you mentioned deciding on a downforce NSX-R hood modified to fit the pop ups... will this be availible too? I am hesitant to try the VIS hood.

T.J.

Like the front bumper, if there is enough interest, its something we can look into.

Senninha said:
Mike,

Will the OEM lip still fit? How does this custom lip differ from OEM?
I can't afford to go to low due to road conditions. The flexible OEM bottoms out already!!:eek:

regards

Paul

Yes, the OEM lip should fit. Hopefully, I will be able to post pics of the custom lip the week of the 11th.

Mike

Mike,
I cant wait for you to post up pictures!! My b-day is on the 18th of dec, so it's gonna be great this year. Hopefully I can get your front bumper for my b-day and downforce 02 rear valance for christmas!!

Back