Up close with WRX STi

I'm not sure you guys have the right attitude when dealing with the owners of these cars. For me, there's nothing better than at the track, telling the owner of one of those cars how fast and good I think they are, and how my 12 year old NSX is getting on a bit.

Then see their faces when I pass them on the circuit!

Now they think, is the car or the driver that's quicker? Doesn't matter to me!:)

Owned Evo VIII and NSX...and

I can say from owning an Evolution VIII and a couple NSX's that the Evo VIII is a very capable car and was able to keep up in a drag race with a '94 NSX that had a Taitec exhaust (Evo was stock) all the way up to about 120 mph.

I ran my Evo up to a cruising speed of about 156 mph for 20 miles and it was VERY stable as well. Impressed me.

The STi feels slower because its turbo does not kick in as hard as the Evo does when driving them back to back, but the STi is every bit as fast as an early NSX or Evo VIII in a drag race. It is odd for the senses, but true.

As far as appearance, that is your own call. But just know that stock for stock the NSX, Evo VIII, and STi are all VERY close in acceleration speed, and even is cornering. Food for thought. :)

All in all though Mitsubishi was a terrible company to deal with, so I bought another Acura. :)

T Bell said:
The STi and the EVO VIII will spank your car, and also should "feel" very quick. I believe it is the break-in issue here as well. These cars stock will run a 13 flat in the 1/4. Add a $300 SAFC and a $79 Turbo XS man. boost controller and you have low 12 flat easy. These 2 cars are outstanding in their own niche, while the NSX is its as well.

Anyone older than their 40's will laugh at the comparison of which is the ultimate car aka supercar aka exotic. You will say NSX hands down. People under their 40's on the other hand know the domination in WRC, OPTIONS top speed runs, time trials, drifting etc, and won't even give the NSX sighting next to one of these its justice. The NSX is lame compared to these two in 2004 type performance events.

I sure hope the new HSC will kick its image back to the way the NSX once had in the early 90's.

Don't flame me, I do own an NSX, and it has great potential, but the EVO and STi have more. I just like driving a rare car!

I have a video of my car beating BOTH an STi AND an EVO VIII from a DIG in my 91 NSX. The STi had turbo-back exhaust, boost controller and intake. The EVO VIII was stock. I pulled the EVO by about 4-5 cars up to 100mph and the STi by a car or two, twice up to 100mph. Gotta find a way to upload this video...it's still with the STi owner, but he's a friend of mine and would be happy to give it to me to upload.

Brian2by2 said:
Gotta find a way to upload this video...it's still with the STi owner, but he's a friend of mine and would be happy to give it to me to upload.

I can try to host the video on my web space if you want. Send me a PM if interested.

I have raced a few of those cars and one, but it was close.
I love both of those cars, if I needed a daily driver that would be it.

Here is what I would end up doing to it. 500hp 550trq. :D

attachment.php

attachment.php

Devin Pearce from Payn Technologies works on these cars all the time. He all ways has 5 or 6 of them in there getting tuned.

www.payntechnologies.com.

we (aussies) embraced these cars back in 1994, this started off a wrx craze. For many years they became legendary for the 'bang for buck' features, as cover cars (http://www.hot4s.com.au) the gear box breaking (in early models) and handling. Now they have started to become lost in the crowd. The engine sounds awesome!

http://www.fullboost.com.au/cars/featurecars/2002/wrx_gtech.html

Bakkar Arja's DBRONX WRX has improved yet again with a 9.20 at 154mph pass at tonight's W.S.I.D test n tune.

Here is some bang for the buck........

Picked up my 91 NSX 2 years ago in flawless condition (1 owner car) for only $23,000.00. Another 7 grand in upgrades to bring the total even with the STI sticker and Its NO contest! Shocks, wheels, tires, exhaust, short gear set, and intake. Still have enough for a case of beer or 2. I test drove the STI as well, and found that it came up a little short. Here is the rub.............

If you want a NSX to haul your kiddies around in, get groceries, and go snowboarding, its called a STI. Or a slightly used Audi S4. For my money I would stick with a S4 and some upgrades.

that's my 2 cents......later

I will say I sold my 1991 NSX of 5 years to go with something different and I bought a Evo. The inside of the NSX flat out KILLS the evo. The evo has rattles, squeaks, harsh ride, and NOISY as hell when it's going because of the super tires it has they are rated at 160, SO3's are 220 to give you a idea. Mitsu put the money in the seats, motor, wheels, brakes, feel. This car does great at the track and is super fun to drive and spend 3k and it will turn a 12 flat @ 118 and I can pull z06's all day from 50-120 by a few cars. This car is again a econo box that is track ready and that's what I wanted. This is my only car and it has 12,000 miles now and I have had 0 problems with it so far. It does run kinda shitty when cold but it warms up in about 3 min. My old NSX was slower till about 120-130 when the evo brick starts to lose because the CD I bet is about 40-50 lol. Anyway Do I miss the NSX, sometimes, but I really like the power and awd and making 350whp and 350TQ as well, and if I stop the gas in 1st I can spin all 4 wheels in the dry without droping the clutch. This is the perfect track car for 28k *I* think. Also if Acura ever get's off it's ass I will get the new HSC or NSX or whatever they call it as long as it has 400+HP. One more thing stock this car SUCKS over 5k because the power band drops pretty fast, I did cams, full turboback exhaust with highflow cat, and computer for 120 more whp. If you have any questions let me know. one more thing, I can pull the cat run race gas and get 40more WHP if needed :) others have ran a 11.65 with it like this :D

Back