Unofficial 2014 World Cup Thread

I know most of us are Americans and don't car about soccer but the World Cup draw was today and yes USA did qualify for the World Cup so we are in.

Here are how the groups were randomly drawn:

USA (ranked 14th) didn't get very lucky in the draw having to play in Group G with Germany (ranked #2), Portugal (ranked #5) and Ghana (ranked #24 and knocked the US out of the World Cup twice) but I think we can manage to make it to the second round.

For those rooting for Mexico they were also unlucky enough to draw A group with Brazil but I think the other 2 countries (Cameroon and Croatia) can be beaten and Mexico should advance.

USA opens up against Ghana on June 16th

There are already a couple of really interesting first game match ups with Spain (ranked #1 and defending champs) opening against Netherlands (ranked #9) which is a copy of the final game in the 2010 World Cup.

I'm calling for a USA vs Brazil Final !!

No real group of death. Maybe group b but no 3 major power houses in 1 group.

I don't see USA getting out of the first stages. Although Portugal isn't that great...

I hope Brazil can do well and neymar stays in top form until then but I'm thinking it will be a Spain and Germany final with Germany winning.

No real group of death. Maybe group b but no 3 major power houses in 1 group.

I don't see USA getting out of the first stages. Although Portugal isn't that great...

I hope Brazil can do well and neymar stays in top form until then but I'm thinking it will be a Spain and Germany final with Germany winning.

looks who's talking about FUTBOL now :-)

Back